Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay Prognosticators, Make Your Predictions!

Banned

Okay Prognosticators, Make Your Predictions!

Okay, some of these are based on nothing - I didn't start this thread to debate how rational this **** is. I started so that I can claim bragging rights when it all comes true!!!!

Michael Turner will be a Tennessee Titan.

Larry Johnson will not be traded.

The Raiders will draft Calvin Johnson.

The Raiders will trade Randy Moss to the Packers for a first day pick and Aaron Rodgers.

The Jets won't draft Poz, Houston or Greg Olsen.

The Patriots will not trade down, they will instead trade up for one of the top CBs in the draft.

The Patriots will trade Asante Samuel.

Carriker will be drafted in the top 10 selections.

San Fran will draft Alan Branch in the 2nd round.

The Jets will not reach for guys like Schlegal or Eric Smith in the 3rd round again.

[QUOTE=Integrity28]Okay, some of these are based on nothing - I didn't start this thread to debate how rational this **** is. I started so that I can claim bragging rights when it all comes true!!!!

The Raiders will trade Randy Moss to the Packers for a first day pick and Aaron Rodgers.

The Patriots will not trade down, they will instead trade up for one of the top CBs in the draft.

The Jets will not reach for guys like Schlegal or Eric Smith in the 3rd round again.[/QUOTE]I don't think the Raiders would get that much for Randy Moss. The best they would do, IMO, is a #5 pick.

I agree with you on Larry Johnson. Herm needs an elite back, since he will never allow his team to live or die with the passing game.

Would not surpise me if the Raider take Calvin Johnson, but I wonder if they would trade down to a team desperate for Jamarcus. Risky, I know, but also risky IMO taking a WR #1 overall (see Johnson, Keyshawn).

I agree with you on the Jets. I bet they go OL or DL.

I don't think Samuel is going anywhere. The Pats traded Branch last year in a fit of pique and spent the rest of the year trying to replace him in vain. I don't see them making the same mistake again, and I don't see them expecting a rookie CB to step in and start, no matter how high they draft him. It would not surprise me to see them trade up, however, even for a CB.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Integrity28]Okay, some of these are based on nothing - I didn't start this thread to debate how rational this **** is. I started so that I can claim bragging rights when it all comes true!!!!

The Jets will not reach for guys like Schlegal or Eric Smith in the 3rd round again.[/QUOTE]

I can also see the Billlls getting Turner
    I agree about Larry Johnson
    I do not see Calvin Johnson going #1 even though he is the best talent, if the Raiders get him they will trade down.
    I agree Randy Moss will be traded.
    Jets trade down to get Justin Blalock and regroup there 4th round pick
    The Patsies will attempt to trade one of the 1st round picks it is tough to afford 2 1's in the same year.
    Samuel likely will not be traded, if they do it will be for less then they expect likely replacing the 2nd round pick they had stolen by the Dolfags.
    Carriker will go likely 11th. (I wish he fell)
    AlaN Branch does not make it out of the 1st round, likely will be drafted in the 1st half of round 1.

Giants will trade up to get Patrick Willis.

The Dolfags will wind up with Quinn
    Last edited by Boynton Beach Jets; 04-26-2007 at 09:02 PM.

You can forget about Turner...he signed with the Chargers for 1 year.

Highly coveted tailback Michael Turner, the backup to San Diego star LaDainian Tomlinson and the subject of considerable trade discussion over the past two months, has re-signed with the Chargers, inking his one-year restricted free agent qualifying offer.

The qualifying offer, for the highest level permitted by the league, is worth $2.35 million for the 2007 season. Agent James "Bus" Cook confirmed that Turner had re-signed.

Michael Turner
    Running Back
    San Diego Chargers

The Chargers used the highest level to provide themselves a right of first refusal had Turner signed an offer sheet with another franchise during the restricted free-agency period, which ended last Friday. Had another team signed Turner, and San Diego declined to match the deal, the Chargers would have received first- and third-round draft picks as compensation.

That high compensatory price tag scared off several franchises that might otherwise have been interested in signing Turner to an offer sheet. It did not, however, eliminate suitors altogether, as the Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills discussed the possibility of trading for the three-year veteran tailback.

Chargers general manager A.J. Smith has said there remain six teams interested in dealing for Turner, but declined to identify clubs beyond the Bills and Titans. Smith has said that he will not merely give Turner away, even though he stands the risk of losing the talented back after this season.

Unless he signs an extension, Turner will be eligible for unrestricted free agency next spring, and would certainly be one of the most attractive players in the veteran pool.

There remains a chance that Turner could be traded during the draft and the consensus in the league is that San Diego will continue to entertain offers on the first day of the lottery. There are several teams in desperate need of a quality tailback and the position isn't a particularly deep one in the draft.

Technically, a trade for Turner might be facilitated now that he has signed the one-year deal with the Chargers, because a player must be under contract to be dealt. But any franchise that acquired Turner would want him to sign an extension as part of the deal, because they would not want to lose him in free agency next spring.

Turner, 25, has carried 157 times for 941 yards and five touchdowns in three seasons. The former Northern Illinois star, a fifth-round choice in the 2004 draft, has appeared in 43 games and started one. Most personnel people in the league feel Turner is one of the top backup tailbacks in the NFL and that he could start for many teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets draft Justin Blalock at #25, after that CB, DE, LB .

McCareins will be involved in a Tennesse exchange; perhaps a #4 round pick.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER]You can forget about Turner...he signed with the Chargers for 1 year.

Highly coveted tailback Michael Turner, the backup to San Diego star LaDainian Tomlinson and the subject of considerable trade discussion over the past two months, has re-signed with the Chargers, inking his one-year restricted free agent qualifying offer.

The qualifying offer, for the highest level permitted by the league, is worth $2.35 million for the 2007 season. Agent James "Bus" Cook confirmed that Turner had re-signed.

Michael Turner
    Running Back
    San Diego Chargers

The Chargers used the highest level to provide themselves a right of first refusal had Turner signed an offer sheet with another franchise during the restricted free-agency period, which ended last Friday. Had another team signed Turner, and San Diego declined to match the deal, the Chargers would have received first- and third-round draft picks as compensation.

That high compensatory price tag scared off several franchises that might otherwise have been interested in signing Turner to an offer sheet. It did not, however, eliminate suitors altogether, as the Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills discussed the possibility of trading for the three-year veteran tailback.

Chargers general manager A.J. Smith has said there remain six teams interested in dealing for Turner, but declined to identify clubs beyond the Bills and Titans. Smith has said that he will not merely give Turner away, even though he stands the risk of losing the talented back after this season.

Unless he signs an extension, Turner will be eligible for unrestricted free agency next spring, and would certainly be one of the most attractive players in the veteran pool.

There remains a chance that Turner could be traded during the draft and the consensus in the league is that San Diego will continue to entertain offers on the first day of the lottery. There are several teams in desperate need of a quality tailback and the position isn't a particularly deep one in the draft.

Technically, a trade for Turner might be facilitated now that he has signed the one-year deal with the Chargers, because a player must be under contrSigning Turner oly makes easier to trade himact to be dealt. But any franchise that acquired Turner would want him to sign an extension as part of the deal, because they would not want to lose him in free agency next spring.

Turner, 25, has carried 157 times for 941 yards and five touchdowns in three seasons. The former Northern Illinois star, a fifth-round choice in the 2004 draft, has appeared in 43 games and started one. Most personnel people in the league feel Turner is one of the top backup tailbacks in the NFL and that he could start for many teams.[/QUOTE]

Signing Turner only makes easier to trade him

Banned
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER]You can forget about Turner...he signed with the Chargers for 1 year.[/QUOTE]

All he did was sign his RFA tender... ensuring he is under contract before the draft. A team cannot trade a player unless they are under contract... so, this news actually makes it more likely that he will be traded. While Lance Briggs, who hasn't signed his tender, likely won't be traded unless the Bears can get him to sign it last minute...

Check out [URL=http://www.profootballtalk.com]profootballtalk.com[/URL] for more info on this, its where I learned about it.

Okay, I stand corrected...thanks. I jumped the gun and figured that no one was going to cave for the demands of the Chargers and the Chargers figured what the hell, let's give him a one year deal and tend to it next season.

Banned
    Another bold, yet controversial statement: Barton, McCariens and Vilma will NOT be Jets come Monday.

(For the record, I don't necessarily agree with some of things I am proclaiming will happen... I am just playing hunches.)

The Jets will not reach for guys like Schlegal or Eric Smith in the 3rd round again.[/QUOTE]
    Raiders will draft Jamarcus Russell. Trade Randy Moss to greenbay. Get WR Mike Williams from Detriot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I haven't paid much attention, but from what little I've heard, I'd be more than happy w/ the road grader from Texas. Make it happen, Tanny.

[QUOTE=Integrity28]Another bold, yet controversial statement: Barton, McCariens and Vilma will NOT be Jets come Monday.

(For the record, I don't necessarily agree with some of things I am proclaiming will happen... I am just playing hunches.)[/QUOTE]
    Stop it. Vilma isnt going anywhere.

1. Jets will trade the 25 to Oakland for thier 33, and the 4th Rounder. Oakland is DYING for Olsen

Jets will select Blalock at 33
    Jets will select Woodley 2nd RD 2A
    Jets Will select Dameiyon Hughes with the 2B pick
    Jets will select Zac DeOssie with the 3rd RD pick
    Jets Will select Brian Robinson with the Raiders 4th

thats my opinion, I'd be estatic

[QUOTE=Cack89]1. Jets will select Zac DeOssie with the 3rd RD pick
    thats my opinion, I'd be estatic[/QUOTE]
    When have we EVER taken an Ivy League player? I cant think of one, EVER.

[QUOTE=Baddniss]When have we EVER taken an Ivy League player? I cant think of one, EVER.[/QUOTE]

neither can i.........hmm new trivia

Banned
    I changed my mind, Oakland takes Jemarcus Russell... Detroit trades back with Minnesota (the team in the top 10 with the greatest need at WR) and they draft Calvin Johnson.

Cleveland takes Brady Quinn 3rd overall.

TB takes Joe Thomas, their line is awful and they need someone to protect the 72 QBs on their roster.

Buffalo will trade up to #5 for Adrian Peterson, sending Arizona to #12 where they will hope to land Levi Jones.

Denver will fleece Washington and select Gaines Adams @ #6.

Detroit will take Laron Landry @ #7.

Atlanta takes Jamaal Anderson @ #8.

Miami takes Adam Carriker @ #9.

Houston takes Marshawn Lynch @ #10.

SF takes Alan Branch @ #11.

Arizona takes Levi Jones @ #12.

----
    I tried to make these a little off the beaten path, and tried to imagine needs and real-time scenarios.

[QUOTE=Baddniss]When have we EVER taken an Ivy League player? I cant think of one, EVER.[/QUOTE]

ACTUALLY, Didn't Jonathan Reese go to Columbia, i remember hearing that, Im not sure we drafted him, he might have been a UDFA

Banned
    [QUOTE=Cack89]Oakland is DYING for Olsen [/QUOTE]

Really? Where did you read this...?

i forgot it was either the Jet Nation show, or one of the ESPN Draft Specials, they say they loved Olsen and could see if he slips to RD 2 adn take him, i figure we can trick them into beliving wed take him 25

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Integrity28]I changed my mind, Oakland takes Jemarcus Russell... Detroit trades back with Minnesota (the team in the top 10 with the greatest need at WR) and they draft Calvin Johnson.

Cleveland takes Brady Quinn 3rd overall.

TB takes Joe Thomas, their line is awful and they need someone to protect the 72 QBs on their roster.

Buffalo will trade up to #5 for Adrian Peterson, sending Arizona to #12 where they will hope to land Levi Jones.

Denver will fleece Washington and select Gaines Adams @ #6.

Detroit will take Laron Landry @ #7.

Atlanta takes Jamaal Anderson @ #8.

Miami takes Adam Carriker @ #9.

Houston takes Marshawn Lynch @ #10.

SF takes Alan Branch @ #11.

Arizona takes Levi Jones @ #12.

----
    I tried to make these a little off the beaten path, and tried to imagine needs and real-time scenarios.[/QUOTE]
    Please do not let the Dolfags get Carriker :(