Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=player1322][QUOTE=like2god]
    Second, the Phins finally have a player on offense that opposing defenses will have to be accountable for.QUOTE]

Dude, Ginn isn't 100% healed, and is a solid #2 reciever, untill he proves otherwise, not a #1.

Wheather you like the kid or not is irrelevent. You, as a fan, can not be happy with the phins using the 9th pick on him! If you like the kid, and thats going to be your pick, thats fine. However, they could of traded down and almost certainly gotten the same player several picks later.

Worst pick of the draft up to this point. Did you happen to see the video clip of Cam announcing the fins pick at a dolphins draft party? He was damn near boo'ed off stage![/QUOTE]
    I couldn't care less about the reaction Cam got. Whether they boo'd him or cupped his balls and sang "Hail to the chief", why would I care?

There are alot of misconceptions about Ginn Jr, first being that he won't make plays in the middle of the field. Another is that he has bad hands, all hogwash. His injury was a freak accident (not an ankle sprain, but a foot sprain) and he is progressing nicely. At 75% he still ran faster than any other WR in the draft. Look at a guy like Peterson or Branch, both reported to still be suffering from injuries, but they are still great pickups and will really help their teams.

And Ginn was rising up the draft boards, he wasn't going to make it past #14. Don't always rely on mock drafts and "experts" on ESPN or the net, teams rate players based on their needs, not on how outside experts think. If Miami had traded down, they probably wouldn't have been able to draft Ginn (who was the guy they wanted all along).

Lets also not forget that the Phins weren't the only team to pass on Quinn. There are questions about his accuracy and ability to play big in big games. I think Beck will do fine in Miami. Cameron is well known for his work with young Qb's and he favors accuracy over arm strength, he favors a good head on his Qb's shoulders over a big name. And this is all guess work anyway, there is no way to know how a player will work out until they actually play the games. Quinn could be the next Ryan Leaf for all we know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=like2god]Have to disagree with the lot of you. Ginn is going to change the dynamic of the Dolphins team in more ways than one.

First off, he will have an immediate impact on special teams. The guy has elite speed and is very very agile without losing a step. He isn't just 40 fast, he can stay at top speed for the length of the field.

Second, the Phins finally have a player on offense that opposing defenses will have to be accountable for. Ginn has big play ability every time he touches the ball and will spread the defense when he doesn't have the ball, opening up opportunities for his teammates. That is something Miami hasn't had in forever. He has the "Reggie Bush effect", he is always a threat to take it all the way on every play.

FinHeaven's draft guru Boomer has gone in depth on Ginn in recent weeks and I really like this pick. Was it a little high to pick him at 9? Maybe, but he wouldn't have lasted past #14. Congrats on the pick BTW.

Third, he allows Chambers to move into the slot where he is more effective.

Fourth, Mel Kiper doesn't know jack so his opinion (which is taken as gospel by most) doesn't mean much to me. And if Phin fans want to over react, let them. Who cares, really?[/QUOTE]

Hey, got any pictures of Taylor crying like the pu$$y he is. He is the Jets' biatch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetinHuntersville]Hey, got any pictures of Taylor crying like the pu$$y he is. He is the Jets' biatch.[/QUOTE]
    Hey, whatever bro. I have always come to this site and been respectful. Say what you will, but remember that you would be singing a different tune if he was on your team.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=like2god][QUOTE=player1322]
    I couldn't care less about the reaction Cam got. Whether they boo'd him or cupped his balls and sang "Hail to the chief", why would I care?

There are alot of misconceptions about Ginn Jr, first being that he won't make plays in the middle of the field. Another is that he has bad hands, all hogwash. His injury was a freak accident (not an ankle sprain, but a foot sprain) and he is progressing nicely. At 75% he still ran faster than any other WR in the draft. Look at a guy like Peterson or Branch, both reported to still be suffering from injuries, but they are still great pickups and will really help their teams.

And Ginn was rising up the draft boards, he wasn't going to make it past #14. Don't always rely on mock drafts and "experts" on ESPN or the net, teams rate players based on their needs, not on how outside experts think. If Miami had traded down, they probably wouldn't have been able to draft Ginn (who was the guy they wanted all along).

Lets also not forget that the Phins weren't the only team to pass on Quinn. There are questions about his accuracy and ability to play big in big games. I think Beck will do fine in Miami. Cameron is well known for his work with young Qb's and he favors accuracy over arm strength, he favors a good head on his Qb's shoulders over a big name. And this is all guess work anyway, there is no way to know how a player will work out until they actually play the games. Quinn could be the next Ryan Leaf for all we know.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but for a punt returner????

That's all that Cam mentioned. A frickin' punt returner. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet][QUOTE=like2god]

That's all that Cam mentioned. A frickin' punt returner. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It's like Wanny never left.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

That's all that Cam mentioned. A frickin' punt returner. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    He handled the press conference poorly but Ginn is not just a punt returner.

FH is running slow right now. but when it clears up I will post links if anyone cares to read them. Ginn is not a one dimensional player.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=like2god][QUOTE=chesapeakejet]
    He handled the press conference poorly but Ginn is not just a punt returner.

FH is running slow right now. but when it clears up I will post links if anyone cares to read them. Ginn is not a one dimensional player.[/QUOTE]
    I know, but it's fun bustin' yer chops!

He's faster than greased lightening.

Btw, bring back the old avatar, I liked that one better! :yes:

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y][QUOTE=chesapeakejet]

It's like Wanny never left.[/QUOTE]
    I know <giggle, snort>. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know, but it's fun bustin' yer chops!