Thread: Yesssssssssss Harrissss!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesssssssssss Harrissss!!

Can't believe this. My dream draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did your dream draft include walking away from day1 with only 2 guys and day2 with only 2 guys? Just curious.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dream draft was all defense. But you made a good point. We did give up a lot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead]Did your dream draft include walking away from day1 with only 2 guys and day2 with only 2 guys? Just curious.[/QUOTE]
    Thats a good one! truth be told I would of ratherd get zack de ossie for ilb in the 3rd.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    quality over quanity

the jets made sure they got themselves some players they thought could start for them for a long time, I think they did too.

second, after making 2 trades, you didn't really think the Jets would stick with only 4 picks. They will trade some other players for some more picks, more likely then not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got two starters on our D, without question they will be major contributors. That is a great draft right there, even if there 6th and 7th don't make the team. Zak DeOssie is not even in Harris' league, and if his last name wasn't Deossie you wold have never heard of this LB from that football factory called Brown University.

Quality over Quantity is the story for this draft...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325]quality over quanity

the jets made sure they got themselves some players they thought could start for them for a long time, I think they did too.

second, after making 2 trades, you didn't really think the Jets would stick with only 4 picks. They will trade some other players for some more picks, more likely then not.[/QUOTE]

100% correct

We just picked up two potential starters.

Revis has the ability to be a shutdown, pro-bowl CB and Harris is IMO the best 3-4 ILB in this draft.

We have picked up two potential longterm starters for our defense.

I also think that Barton is definitely on his way out now and McCareins should follow.

I think we should be able to pick up a 4th rounder for each of those guys so it's all good. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not crazy about this last transaction. We need to improve our ol or Thomas Jones will put up crappy numbers like he did in Arizona and Tampa.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=providencejoe]We got two starters on our D, without question they will be major contributors. That is a great draft right there, even if there 6th and 7th don't make the team. Zak DeOssie is not even in Harris' league, and if his last name wasn't Deossie you wold have never heard of this LB from that football factory called Brown University.

Quality over Quantity is the story for this draft...[/QUOTE]
    only time will tell how a player turns out to be. Half of the first 32 players selected are going to be busts or average picks. The reason I like deossie is not because who his father is but because his size and combine performance.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree that we need to upgrade our OL, but when you get a chance to add another likely starter in another position of need, i think you have to do it. plus, there are many ways to re-coup day 2 picks, we might see some tomorrow.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did I hear Mike Mayock right on the NFL Network after the Harris pick saying he had a TERRIBLE pro day ?....