Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who the **** is that moron on NFL network giving us fans a bad name

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ruby2glocks]Sar if your going to post your negativity crap that is fine but please dont tell us Quinn is touted as a cant miss prospect. That is just an untrue statement.[/QUOTE]

I must have heard or read at least 5 different college experts in the past year talking about how this guy is the real deal.

Many fans on JI wanted the Jets to pass on Leinart and suck last season so that they'd be in a position to draft Quinn.

I'm just repeating what I was led to believe.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I]I must have heard or read at least 5 different college experts in the past year talking about how this guy is the real deal.

Many fans on JI wanted the Jets to pass on Leinart and suck last season so that they'd be in a position to draft Quinn.

I'm just repeating what I was led to believe.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Many scouts had questions in regards to Quinn. Can he be accurate enough at the nfl level? can he ever win the big game? There is a reason he fell so far. Im not saying he is going to be bad, but in my opinion he is defintely not a cant miss prospect.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I]Because we're great fans and because it's going to feel that much sweeter when we win it all.

Ranger fan here, grew up on Long Island when the Islanders were owning the league. All that suffering, all that abuse, all that depression; made the Cup Finals in '94 hundreds of times more meaningful.

You'll understand when the Jets win it all. They will.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Ifin they win it all, you better avoid some of the mo'fo's here as your liable to sustain...Karma. :)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I]

So far, Young, Leinart, Cutler, and Bush are off to very good starts. Quinn is touted as a can't-miss.[/QUOTE]

By who ? C'mon SAR - "can't miss QBs" don't fall as far as Quinn did unless there is an off-the-field concern (obviously you know who I'm talking about). There is no such concern with Quinn - it's all on the field. And his negatives are very similar to Chad's.

[QUOTE=SAR I]
    Kellen Clemens better be the real deal. We mock the Fins for their selection today, right? Let's see how history judges our decision making if Kellen isn't the guy. We've been tormented by Marino, Kelly, Manning, and Brady for decades; if two of these guys turn into that type of player and Clemens is another gimp like Pennington or a flash in the pan like Testaverde, we're going to curse these last two drafts until we're 60 years old.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree. The Jets invested enough in Clemens for there to be pressure surrounding him. He has to beat Chad out in 2008 or else one can really start to worry.

I'll say this - with many Jets fans knocking Chad because of his arm: I've seen Clemens, I've seen Quinn, and Clemens has the better arm.