Thread: Per Tannebaum - Jets are done for the day

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Per Tannebaum - Jets are done for the day

During the press conference on Harris Tanny told the media they can go home today.

Tanny also pointed out that they basically obtained Thomas Jones, Revis and Harris today...
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-28-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly my thinking.jones,revis and harris.could any team had done better?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter]exactly my thinking.jones,revis and harris.could any team had done better?[/QUOTE]
    Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn... Cleveland had an awesome day, even though it will hurt them to not have a 1st rounder next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone can complain about the players we got. I know a lot of fans will complain about the strategy of trading up and t/f giving up picks and obviously that is a fair complaint. People will say we still need a OG or a DT etc etc. To be honest though, in comparing what we got to who's left at 59 and beyond, I am pretty pleased.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JeffWeaverFan]Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn... Cleveland had an awesome day, even though it will hurt them to not have a 1st rounder next year.[/QUOTE]

they arguably used a likely top 10 pick next year, to draft Quinn, as well as give up their 3rd rounder. If they believe he is a top 10, maybe even top 5, pick, then great for them. But I don't know how terrific it was morgaging next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rep]they arguably used a likely top 10 pick next year, to draft Quinn, as well as give up their 3rd rounder. If they believe he is a top 10, maybe even top 5, pick, then great for them. But I don't know how terrific it was morgaging next year.[/QUOTE]

As ive heard a few cleveland fans say in a nfl board im also on, they were most likelly going to draft a quarterback next year as well with there situation. So overall there happy getting Quinn. Which they should be because hes a Notre Dame boy :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan2290]As ive heard a few cleveland fans say in a nfl board im also on, they were most likelly going to draft a quarterback next year as well with there situation. So overall there happy getting Quinn. Which they should be because hes a Notre Dame boy :yes:[/QUOTE]
    A player that is projected to have very good potential and gets into the system and could possibly produce results before anyone drafted next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rep]they arguably used a likely top 10 pick next year, to draft Quinn, as well as give up their 3rd rounder. If they believe he is a top 10, maybe even top 5, pick, then great for them. But I don't know how terrific it was morgaging next year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....a franchise LT for the next 10 years and a possible starting QB for the next 7-10 years....I mean, why try for that when you could keep your 1st round pick for next year :zzz:

And after what they did today, that pick is NOT, Guaranteed NOT going to be a top 10 pick next year.

TMahoney

And Quinn gets a #22 slot contract. Next year if they chose a QB in the top 10, it would be about 25 million more invested for a quarterback that might not be as good as Quinn.