Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Shift in strategy?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like

Shift in strategy?

Accumulate draft picks, don't spend big money on "flash" in Free Agency! These were the tennets of the Pats/Jets/Beli/Mangini strategies....until this year. Now the Pats go big in FA and the Jets are putting all their eggs in 2 draft baskets? Did Tannenbaum oversleep this morning? Was there an imposter in Mangini's oversized jacket in the War Room today?

I know this isn't an extremely deep draft but c'mon. 4 picks on day 1 turning into 2 players? With needs on O-line, D-line, TE and WR still apparent?

Will the real Front Office please stand up.....please stand up....please stand up? "Slim" and Shaddy seem to have radically departed from the philosophies they followed last year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think too many people based their assumptions on Tangini after just one year.

I think it's pretty evident that this team won't just follow one formula. They will do whatever is necessary for this team to improve.

I like that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable]I think too many people based their assumptions on Tangini after just one year.

I think it's pretty evident that this team won't just follow one formula. They will do whatever is necessary for this team to improve.

I like that.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, but you have to be concerned with the amount of picks we have remaining.

I really hope we can find a way to acquire at least one more pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very weak draft class, it's not just the Jets, it's the entire Belicheck tree here is being smart and either moving up, or trading picks for future years.

Belicheck - Traded #28 pick for a 2008 First Rounder

Mangini - Traded up for Darrelle Revis and David Harris

Crennel - Traded up for Brady Quinn and Eric Wright

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23]Accumulate draft picks, don't spend big money on "flash" in Free Agency! These were the tennets of the Pats/Jets/Beli/Mangini strategies....until this year. Now the Pats go big in FA and the Jets are putting all their eggs in 2 draft baskets? Did Tannenbaum oversleep this morning? Was there an imposter in Mangini's oversized jacket in the War Room today?

I know this isn't an extremely deep draft but c'mon. 4 picks on day 1 turning into 2 players? With needs on O-line, D-line, TE and WR still apparent?

Will the real Front Office please stand up.....please stand up....please stand up? "Slim" and Shaddy seem to have radically departed from the philosophies they followed last year.[/QUOTE]

like you said this draft was not that deep.the jets want to compete this year,not next year.jones,revis and harris will all start.tanny was not impressed with the available talent in the later rounds.