Thread: tanny is one smart cookie

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

tanny is one smart cookie

I just checked the second round of the draft.if thejets would have stayed at #59 and #63.they would have ended up with mediocre picks.so let's not jump all over tanny.those two picks may turnout to be all-pros.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter]I just checked the second round of the draft.if thejets would have stayed at #59 and #63.they would have ended up with mediocre picks.so let's not jump all over tanny.those two picks may turnout to be all-pros.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed the same thing and made a similar statement in another thread. There was NO value that addressed our needs at the end of round 2. Our moves got us 2 players who will start by the end of their rookie seasons, did anyone else draft 100% potential rookie starters?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Integrity28]I just noticed the same thing and made a similar statement in another thread. There was NO value that addressed our needs at the end of round 2. Our moves got us 2 players who will start by the end of their rookie seasons, did anyone else draft 100% potential rookie starters?[/QUOTE]

Atlanta Falcons. In my opinion they had the best draft so far. Jamaal Anderson, Blalock, and Chris Houston. Houston will probably start as a nickel and possibly #2 by the end of the year, while anderson and blalock will start.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luck favors the prepared mind I guess because there's no way Tanny could have known that all our main targets would be gone had we not moved up in this draft to get Revis and Harris. Had we stayed put at 59 and 63 look at what went down right before our scheduled 2nd round picks:

52 B. Leonard RB
    53 Eric Wright CB
    54 Turk Mcbride NT
    55 Josh Wilson CB
    56 Tim Crowder DE
    57 V. Abiamiri DE
    58 AF Ikaika DE

We would've been scrambling had we stayed put and not gotten the #1 CB and top ILB. Great job Tanny!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we would have taken Eric Wright

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=genom]I think we would have taken Eric Wright[/QUOTE]

It would have been hard to take Wright at 59 when he was picked at 53...unless you mean that we would have taken him at #25?

Doubt it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you guys forget about what we didn't get and concentrate on what we did: Two solid starters. Revis can be left on an island, allowing more blitzing from Bowens, Thomas, Hobson, Rhodes, Smith, etc... And Harris will be a day one starter and a star. He is the best pick in the draft value wise. This guy was a shade behind Willis and he is the perfect compliment to Vilma. He is great in the trenches, Vilma is great sideline to sideline. YOu complain our run defense is soft. Well these two additions just catapulted us into a scary defense. Can't run on us, can't pass on us. NOw, do you still miss an offensive Guard?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kellen Goldbrick]I hope you guys forget about what we didn't get and concentrate on what we did: Two solid starters. Revis can be left on an island, allowing more blitzing from Bowens, Thomas, Hobson, Rhodes, Smith, etc... And Harris will be a day one starter and a star. He is the best pick in the draft value wise. This guy was a shade behind Willis and he is the perfect compliment to Vilma. He is great in the trenches, Vilma is great sideline to sideline. YOu complain our run defense is soft. Well these two additions just catapulted us into a scary defense. Can't run on us, can't pass on us. NOw, do you still miss an offensive Guard?[/QUOTE]

Did you even read this thread?