Thread: A Wild Card Pick On Day 2...could this happen?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

A Wild Card Pick On Day 2...could this happen?

It's very unclear where michael bush is going to go because of his injury. It sounds pretty serious. There is a chance Bush will be sitting there when we pick in the 6th round depending on what teams know about his leg. If he's there this would be an incredible value pick because if he was healthy he could have been a 1st round pick easily. Do you think Bush will actually continue to slide?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=persiussa]It's very unclear where michael bush is going to go because of his injury. It sounds pretty serious. There is a chance Bush will be sitting there when we pick in the 6th round depending on what teams know about his leg. If he's there this would be an incredible value pick because if he was healthy he could have been a 1st round pick easily. Do you think Bush will actually continue to slide?[/QUOTE]

Not a chance he slides that far. Look at McFagee a few years ago. And his injury was MUCH worse for a RB than Bush's. That being said, I hope he falls to our 6th round Carolina pick and we have a three-headed beast of Jones/Leon/Bush.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doubt he falls that far, but if he does I'd be thrilled to see the Jets take him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things]Not a chance he slides that far. Look at McFagee a few years ago. And his injury was MUCH worse for a RB than Bush's. That being said, I hope he falls to our 6th round Carolina pick and we have a three-headed beast of Jones/Leon/Bush.[/QUOTE]

I would normally agree, but a few weeks before the draft he actually had to get the rod pulled out of his leg and have additional surgery on his leg. I think it's questionable whether he will be able to play this year at all. I think there is a slight chance something like this could happen but i'm not sure. I'm sure someone will let me know if some of my info is wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=persiussa]I would normally agree, but a few weeks before the draft he actually had to get the rod pulled out of his leg and have additional surgery on his leg. I think it's questionable whether he will be able to play this year at all. I think there is a slight chance something like this could happen but i'm not sure. I'm sure someone will let me know if some of my info is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Bones heal MUCH quicker than ligaments or tendons. Taking a rod out is invasive, sure, but it's not the same as having your knee rebuilt. I didn't realize how recently Bush's last surgery was. If he slid to our slot in the 6th, I'd have no problem if we grabbed him and had him sit out for a year a la McFagee.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see a DT or O-Linemen fall to our 6th round pick or trade up and take one.

If we traded J-Mac for a 4th would you take

1. DeMarcus 'Tank' Tyler
    2. Quinn Pincock
    3. O-Line (Beekman or Tackle)
    4. Wide Reciever