Thread: just saw an earlier interview with Tannenbaum

just saw an earlier interview with Tannenbaum

and he said, after the trade up to get revis, that it was important that the jets still had 2 more picks on the first day of the draft. then they dealt one of them away. i'm wondering what changed from the mid first round to mid second round that made them feel comfortable dealing another 2 for 1. maybe harris was so high on their draft board and they didn't expect him to be there that they just had to do it, b/c they could get 2 guys they really wanted. thoughts......

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=augustiniak]and he said, after the trade up to get revis, that it was important that the jets still had 2 more picks on the first day of the draft. then they dealt one of them away. i'm wondering what changed from the mid first round to mid second round that made them feel comfortable dealing another 2 for 1. maybe harris was so high on their draft board and they didn't expect him to be there that they just had to do it, b/c they could get 2 guys they really wanted. thoughts......[/QUOTE]
    The fact that Harris was still available in round 2 in a spot they could realistically trade up to.

Harris carried a first-round-grade in a lot of places.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ICWT10]The fact that Harris was still available in round 2 in a spot they could realistically trade up to.

Harris carried a first-round-grade in a lot of places.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Supposedly, Harris was one of the players the Jets were targetting with the 25th pick. Thus, in their minds, they obviously saw it as drafting 2 first round players.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SMC]Exactly. Supposedly, Harris was one of the players the Jets were targetting with the 25th pick. Thus, in their minds, they obviously saw it as drafting 2 first round players.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...Not every day you add too young IMMEDIATE starters to your defense. And that is not by default. Harris is the best 3-4 LB on our team right now, and Revis is by far the most talented corner. Now, rooks are just that, rooks. But these two guys were the perfect fits for Mangini's def. They fit the mold and they are incredible football players.

Yeah, I hear you on the oline help, but I don't think its a priority. If we can add a better starter down the road, I'm sure we will, but our line is going to be better than it was last year just b/c of continuity...the most underrated aspect of an Oline.