Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers not only have to battle the Sabres but...

Jets Insider VIP

Rangers not only have to battle the Sabres but...

they have to beat the refs and the video replay judges.

I don't want to sound like a whiner but it's ridiculous. It happened to the Islanders and now the Rangers.

The penalties that have gone uncalled against the Sabres in this series thusfar is astounding. And anything that resembles an infraction gets whistled against the Rangers.

The disallowed goal was unfathomable. The officials upstairs and/or in Toronto blew it! The entire broadcasting crew said it was the wrong decision, and rightly so.

I guess the NHL wants market-challenged Buffalo in the Finals in a crucial year in terms of commercialization for the league.

P.S. Hilarious, as I write this, two consecutive penalties against the Rangers.

Jets Insider VIP
    And now we go to OT due to a phantom cross-check by Shanahan. That would be penalty but only if one existed for "pushing." If Buffalo wins this game, might as well put some ribbon and a bow on it.

We'll get the home calls when we get back to the garden. Wait a minute we are the home team...

We can't beat buffy, the league, and the refs...

Why do I see empty purple seats in a double OT playoff game?

The Rangers win!

All Pro
    thank god

Like it or not, his ankle turned when trying to stop at the same time that the puck hit off of his skate...It constituted a kicking motion...as for the Shanny call, it was borderline, but he had his stick out and pushed...

We played our absolutely, positively worst game of the year. We didn't check, we didn't skate, and we certainly didn't pass. I can blame some of it on the bad ice, but not all of it.

And it still took 5 periods to beat us. Miller played outstanding again, as did Lundquist.

You can be sure that you will get a much more solid Sabres team in game 4. Congrats on the win, though...The Rangers certainly deserved it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    Like it or not, his ankle turned when trying to stop at the same time that the puck hit off of his skate...It constituted a kicking motion...as for the Shanny call, it was borderline, but he had his stick out and pushed...

We played our absolutely, positively worst game of the year. We didn't check, we didn't skate, and we certainly didn't pass. I can blame some of it on the bad ice, but not all of it.

And it still took 5 periods to beat us. Miller played outstanding again, as did Lundquist.

You can be sure that you will get a much more solid Sabres team in game 4. Congrats on the win, though...The Rangers certainly deserved it today.

I thought it had to be a "distinct" kicking motion.....His skates never left the ice nor was that a "distinct kicking motion" in my view......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    Like it or not, his ankle turned when trying to stop at the same time that the puck hit off of his skate...It constituted a kicking motion turning the ankle to redirect the puck does NOT constitute a kicking motion. that's a contradiction in terms. a player is ALLOWED to redirect the puck with his skate and that was NOT a kicking motion. ...as for the Shanny call, it was borderline, but he had his stick out and pushed...and all the borderline calls go against the Rangers while Buffalo gets away with the blatant ones.

We played our absolutely, positively worst game of the year. We didn't check, we didn't skate, and we certainly didn't pass.and the Rangers had nothing to do with any of that? give credit where credit is due. I can blame some of it on the bad ice, but not all of it.please. both teams played on "bad ice."

And it still took 5 periods to beat us.you mean, to beat you, the refs AND the video review officials. Miller played outstanding again, as did Lundquist.on that, I agree.

You can be sure that you will get a much more solid Sabres team in game 4.and you can bet the Rangers will be giving it right back. Congrats on the win, though...The Rangers certainly deserved it today.yes they did!
    The Rangers CAN beat the mighty Sabres. They may not be able to beat the Sabres AND the officials (on and off the ice).

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy

I don't want to sound like a whiner but it's ridiculous. It happened to the Islanders and now the Rangers.

The penalties that have gone uncalled against the Sabres in this series thusfar is astounding. And anything that resembles an infraction gets whistled against the Rangers.

The disallowed goal was unfathomable. The officials upstairs and/or in Toronto blew it! The entire broadcasting crew said it was the wrong decision, and rightly so.

I guess the NHL wants market-challenged Buffalo in the Finals in a crucial year in terms of commercialization for the league.

P.S. Hilarious, as I write this, two consecutive penalties against the Rangers.
    Dude, you sound exactly as I did about 3:30 PM this afternoon when I was ranting about the same things you are (almost verbatim I might add-scary!)

I don't want it to sound like sour grapes, but Jordy is spot-on. There were way too many questionable calls in the Islander series, and it's getting to the point where it's ridiculous. It seems like any time the Rangers so much as breathe the wrong way on a Sabre player, the referee is raising his arm.

Yet, Ranger players are being hooked, slashed and tripped on a regular basis and unless it happens directly in the ref's line of sight, the whistle is mysteriously silent.

As a matter of fact, being the conspiracy theorist that I am, if you have been watching these games closely, doesn't it seem the refs are almost always in the Rangers players way? I've watched a lot of hockey over a lot of years and I've never seen as many refs in one team's way as I have during the Sabres last two series. Islander fans will know that which I speak of.

In spite of all that, the Rangers won. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by mario8723
    Dude, you sound exactly as I did about 3:30 PM this afternoon when I was ranting about the same things you are (almost verbatim I might add-scary!)

I don't want it to sound like sour grapes, but Jordy is spot-on. There were way too many questionable calls in the Islander series, and it's getting to the point where it's ridiculous. It seems like any time the Rangers so much as breathe the wrong way on a Sabre player, the referee is raising his arm.

Yet, Ranger players are being hooked, slashed and tripped on a regular basis and unless it happens directly in the ref's line of sight, the whistle is mysteriously silent.

As a matter of fact, being the conspiracy theorist that I am, if you have been watching these games closely, doesn't it seem the refs are almost always in the Rangers players way? I've watched a lot of hockey over a lot of years and I've never seen as many refs in one team's way as I have during the Sabres last two series. Islander fans will know that which I speak of.

Even as a Ranger fan, I think Buffalo is creating many of the penalties because of their explosiveness...We have to work so damn hard to stop Buffalo everytime they start carrying the puck through the neutral zone, theyre just bound to get more calls than we are. Buffalo, on the other hand, is just a much more relaxed team defensively- they dont have the pressure on them like we do of stopping a powerful offensive rush. Theyre not getting penalized because they dont really have to use thier sticks to hook and slash as much as we do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by mario8723

Ya know, after reading what you wrote, I definitely noticed that as well. I was at game 3 of the Isles/Sabres series and i had the same fleeting thought on more than 1 occasion. I chalked it up to simply watching the game live as opposed to on tv (I hadn't been to a game in a couple of months), but I definitely noticed it.

Im not much of a conspiracy theorist myself, but its pretty clear that the Sabres are getting most of the borderline calls so far. I guess we can now add more referee assistance as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    Im not much of a conspiracy theorist myself, but its pretty clear that the Sabres are getting most of the borderline calls so far...

Brett Hull's skate WAS in the crease...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan
    Brett Hull's skate WAS in the crease...
    I've always liked Brett Hull but doesn't he seem a bit TOO cocky these days as a studio analyst? He gives no respect to Bill Clement.

I've always liked Brett Hull but doesn't he seem a bit TOO cocky these days as a studio analyst? He gives no respect to Bill Clement.
    For as much dislike as I have had towards the Brett Hull situation over the years, I really do like him now...I thought it was completely unprofessional on Sunday when Clement backed him into a corner about the 99 SC playoffs...he handled it well, though, and he has NEVER badtalked any Sabres fan asking him about the goal...

And honestly, if you had just scored your Cup winning goal with your foot in the crease, would you tell the refs "It was no goal, drop the puck."?

I wouldn't.

I don't want to sound like a whiner but...
    If only you had stopped there, you would have achieved your goal...

Shocking how little talk there is on this thread when the cheap no-goal call helps the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Shocking how little talk there is on this thread when the cheap no-goal call helps the Rangers.
    Don't get crazy, brother...we DESERVED to lose that game...

Jets Insider VIP
    If only you had stopped there, you would have achieved your goal...
    But, unlike you, I actually made a solid point, your selective copy and paste job notwithstanding.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who's whining now? It was the right call. Did you see the puck cross the line? I didn't think so. Take a look at the picture Ken O'Brien #7 posted in another thread and then tell me it was a cheap call.

P.S. It's funny I was thinking the other day how little talk there is from Islander fans (other than crasherino, who knows his hockey).
    Last edited by Jordy; 05-03-2007 at 07:54 PM.