Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rrraaannnggggeeeerrrrrsssss!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Rrraaannnggggeeeerrrrrsssss!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! What a GREAT GREAT game! OMG! We needed that badly

Sabres played GREAT but we were the better team!!!

All League
    I like the outcome, but the officiating SUCKED...!

Sabres hardly played great, at their PP looked like absolute garbage the whole game.

Hall Of Fame
    Congratulations. Good game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81
    I like the outcome, but the officiating SUCKED...!
    Louuud Zebra's SUCK chant.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Sabres hardly played great, at their PP looked like absolute garbage the whole game.
    I know, but the excitement of the game was AMAZING.

All Pro
    Miller carried Buffalo beyond belief

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Without a DOUBT! Great under-rated goalie.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Other than the first game, the Rangers have outplayed the Sabres for the majority of the time...they just have had 2-4 minute lapses when the Sabres cash in.

I hope this game was a turning point in the series!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Yeah. So much for 'soft'.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Without a DOUBT! Great under-rated goalie.
    USA in the 10 Olympics, Miller and Dipietro. We could medal not that it matters now

Ill repost here what I posted in another thread in the NHL forum.

Like it or not, his ankle turned when trying to stop at the same time that the puck hit off of his skate...It constituted a kicking motion...as for the Shanny call, it was borderline, but he had his stick out and pushed...

We played our absolutely, positively worst game of the year. Anyone who has seen the Sabres play this year could see that. We didn't check, we didn't skate, and we certainly didn't pass. We played Avery's game tonight, and spent more time going after him than the puck.

And it still took 5 periods to beat us.

Miller played outstanding again, as did Lundquist.

You can be sure that you will get a much more solid Sabres team in game 4. Congrats on the win, though...The Rangers certainly deserved it today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81
    Other than the first game, the Rangers have outplayed the Sabres for the majority of the time...they just have had 2-4 minute lapses when the Sabres cash in.

I hope this game was a turning point in the series!
    Def. We need to win Tues.

The rangers kicked the **** out of the slugs physically. And avery is definitely having an affect on Roy. And dont say the sabres weren't playing well. I dont think youd do to well if you had people hitting you everytime you touched the puck. CALLAHAN IS A BEEEEEAAAAASSSSSTTTTT

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    Ill repost here what I posted in another thread in the NHL forum.

Like it or not, his ankle turned when trying to stop at the same time that the puck hit off of his skate...It constituted a kicking motion...as for the Shanny call, it was borderline, but he had his stick out and pushed...

We played our absolutely, positively worst game of the year. Anyone who has seen the Sabres play this year could see that. We didn't check, we didn't skate, and we certainly didn't pass. We played Avery's game tonight, and spent more time going after him than the puck.

And it still took 5 periods to beat us.

Miller played outstanding again, as did Lundquist.

You can be sure that you will get a much more solid Sabres team in game 4. Congrats on the win, though...The Rangers certainly deserved it today.
    I totally disagree on the disallowed goal. A player is allowed to redirect the puck with his skate, so turning his ankle is a non-factor. Redirecting the puck and a distinct kicking motion are two entirely different things. I saw NO kicking motion whatsover. What I saw was a player turning his ankle/skate (whether it was to help stop himself or redirect the puck is irrelevant), a defensive player putting a body on him from behind and the force of both players moving forward that propelled the puck past Miller. Rachunek was starting to fall backward and his leg naturally pushed the puck forward. But it was NOT a distinct kicking motion. Wrong call and everyone agreed.

Yes, the Sabres did not play their best but I think a lot of that had to do with the way the Rangers played and the atmosphere at MSG. Game 4 should be a doozy and I expect the Rangers to come out strong. Aside from a big win, this game infused confidence into this team and showed that they can play with the mighty Sabres. The Rangers have outplayed the Sabres in 7 of the 11 periods thusfar.

Awesome, well deserved win by the Blueshirts. The officiating was absolutely horrendous and has been the whole series. Absolute nonsense by Ken O'Brien #7 that the Sabres played their worst game of the year. Give the Rangers credit to that end. Might the defensive effort put forth by the Rangers have something to do with the win?
    I can't wait until Tuesday-I'm going to the game and the place will be rocking!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mario8723
    Awesome, well deserved win by the Blueshirts. The officiating was absolutely horrendous and has been the whole series. Absolute nonsense by Ken O'Brien #7 that the Sabres played their worst game of the year. Give the Rangers credit to that end. Might the defensive effort put forth by the Rangers have something to do with the win?
    I can't wait until Tuesday-I'm going to the game and the place will be rocking!
    Exactly. Cant just say we won. We were better.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Exactly. Cant just say we won. We were better.
    How exactly is this nonsense? I gave your team credit, I said you deserved to win. How many Sabres games have you watched this year? How much have you followed them? My guess is that you have seen a maximum of 7 Sabres games this year, and they all involved your team.

WE PLAYED OUR WORST GAME OF THE YEAR. From someone who has followed every game they have played, you should at least respect that when I say it. I credited the Rangers. They came out tough, and they played a great, physical hockey game, in which they vastly outplayed Buffalo tonight. We couldn't pass to ourselves when the Rangers were not even around...We did not dump the puck AT ALL, even though you could hear Ruff yelling for it from the bench. We played sloppy, and it was our worst showing of the year.

So unless either of you have watched 30 plus Sabres games this year, and care to comment on which game was Buffalo's worst, I suggest that you both keep your mouths shut on that subject.

You say they played their worst game. I say the Rangers forced them to play their game. You say tomato...

Bottomline: there is going to be one hell of a game on Tuesday night. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by mario8723
    You say they played their worst game. I say the Rangers forced them to play their game. You say tomato...

Bottomline: there is going to be one hell of a game on Tuesday night. Guaranteed.
    I will agree to that...Like I said, they spent more time trying to get under Avery's skin than trying to put the puck in the net...And it cost them. They got away from their game. Not to mention that noone put a body on Jagr during the OT goal...why we just let him stand there in front of the net is beyond me.

You can guarantee that about the game on Tuesday....We play really well after a loss...I don't think that this team has what it takes to sweep a team...Whatever the reason, they just need that loss to kick them in the ass and get it going.

Should be a real good one. We played lights out against NYI after the loss, I wouldn't expect to see anything less on Tuesday...

God knows I can't take more of the garbage playing I saw today.