Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: WestCoastO, loving this? #8 Warriors have a 3-1 series lead over #1 Mavs

OT: WestCoastO, loving this? #8 Warriors have a 3-1 series lead over #1 Mavs

The Warriors' run has been exciting so far. The whole Bay Area must be amped about probably the greatest first round upset ever, if it's completed...
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 04-30-2007 at 01:10 AM.

Insane, this might wind up being the biggest playoff upset ever. Dallas was almost a 70 win team this season!

In all honesty, I think Avery might be out the door if they blow this one. As much as I love him as a coach, between the collapse in the Finals last year and now this, there's just no way he'll live it down.

Veteran
    The 8th seeded nuggets with Dikembe was big too

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    The Warriors' run has been exciting so far. The whole Bay Area must be amped about probably the greatest first round upset ever, if it's completed...
    How about Larry Bird trading for shooters that play weak defense?

Nellie is insane; here he is bigger than madden even. Well, maybe not bigger, but Don Nelson walks on water out here. And now this; a coaching job of Parcellian proportions.

Speaking of which; RJF is dead right: this student isn't going to pass his teacher. It is a shame, because I have liked Avery Johnson since he was a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive
    How about Larry Bird trading for shooters that play weak defense?

Nellie is insane; here he is bigger than madden even. Well, maybe not bigger, but Don Nelson walks on water out here. And now this; a coaching job of Parcellian proportions.

Speaking of which; RJF is dead right: this student isn't going to pass his teacher. It is a shame, because I have liked Avery Johnson since he was a Warrior.

YUP... all the Warriors fans should send Larry Legend "Thank You!" cards and a complimentary bottle of wine for helping their team snap that playoff-less streak.

lord knows Bird is gonna need all that wine to drown his sorrows after he is forced to trade Jermaine O'Neal this summer, looks at his remaining team and wonders "What the **** did I just do???"

All League
    This is even bigger than when the Knicks went to the NBA Finals as an 8 seed in 99! I mean, that is one damn good team the mavs hvae.

To add to the difficulty and to be fair to the Warriors when the Nuggets and Knicks won as 8 seeds it was only best of 5. They only had to win 3 games. Much tougher to beat the top seed 4 times then 3. This alone has to make it the greatest NBA series upset.

.WTF!!!!!! i thought they were only up 2-1 and the next game was tonight?!!

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    To add to the difficulty and to be fair to the Warriors when the Nuggets and Knicks won as 8 seeds it was only best of 5. They only had to win 3 games. Much tougher to beat the top seed 4 times then 3. This alone has to make it the greatest NBA series upset.
    Bingo.

Also, no team as strong as Dallas is has ever been upset in the first round. Seattle was a great team that year but Dallas was one of the better regular season teams of the past 20 years or so this past season.

The knicks went all the way to the NBA finals that year.

unless the Warriors do that, its not as big.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002
    The knicks went all the way to the NBA finals that year.

unless the Warriors do that, its not as big.
    Knicks did it in a short season and peaked as the season was ending. They were a lot better than an 8th.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    And the love keeps flowing...

My good friend, who understands so much about sports, said "If it goes 6, Dallas wins. If it goes 7, Warriors should win it. It's on the table".

That's good prognosticating.

I'm loving this! I still have my Warriors season tix 10 rows off the court! Back in NY after 18 years by the Bay. Season tix for two teams...Jets and W's!

I'm flying back for one of these games. Thursday....next week. Bring it on!

Nothing like being Bi!....Bi-Coastal

One has to wonder what the Knicks would have become under Nellie if Ewing hadn't been such a crybaby.

I always found it someone ironic that they fell short of the Championship under JVG (Nellie's replacement) with Sprewell...whose was drafted and developed by Nellie.

What he did to turn around Dallas and now Golden State is a testimony to his greatness. Not to mention his runs with Milwaukee and the W's the first time around.

The Series isn't over, but just for fun!

History makes great bedfellows. Nellie could go up against JVG or Sloan in the next round. Remember...

Popovich was an assistant for Nellie at Golden State in the early 90's.

When Nellie became GM of the Warriors in '87...George Karl "Resigned" as coach under pressure from new GM in March of his second season. The Warriors were 20-62. Everyone new his days as coach were numbered....he left early. The Warriors would improve to 43-39 under Nellie the next year and sweep the Midwest division champs Utah 3-0 under Sloan, before losing to the Suns in 5.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21
    I'm loving this! I still have my Warriors season tix 10 rows off the court! Back in NY after 18 years by the Bay. Season tix for two teams...Jets and W's!

I'm flying back for one of these games. Thursday....next week. Bring it on!

Nothing like being Bi!....Bi-Coastal

One has to wonder what the Knicks would have become under Nellie if Ewing hadn't been such a crybaby.

I always found it someone ironic that they fell short of the Championship under JVG (Nellie's replacement) with Sprewell...whose was drafted and developed by Nellie.

What he did to turn around Dallas and now Golden State is a testimony to his greatness. Not to mention his runs with Milwaukee and the W's the first time around.

The Series isn't over, but just for fun!

History makes great bedfellows. Nellie could go up against JVG or Sloan in the next round. Remember...

Popovich was an assistant for Nellie at Golden State in the early 90's.

When Nellie became GM of the Warriors in '87...George Karl "Resigned" as coach under pressure from new GM in March of his second season. The Warriors were 20-62. Everyone new his days as coach were numbered....he left early. The Warriors would improve to 43-39 under Nellie the next year and sweep the Midwest division champs Utah 3-0 under Sloan, before losing to the Suns in 5.
    He also helped Mullin get straight; remember that? The Warriors had "character" guys like Chris Washington and JB Carroll. They were a complete joke. Nelson flushed all those big guys; for a while their center was 6'9"!

I thought Nelson needed more time in NYC. he was really upset by the shenanigans of Webber and his posse of Sprewell and the others. Long-term, Knicks fans would have enjoyed that era.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive
    He also helped Mullin get straight; remember that? The Warriors had "character" guys like Chris Washington and JB Carroll. They were a complete joke. Nelson flushed all those big guys; for a while their center was 6'9"!

I thought Nelson needed more time in NYC. he was really upset by the shenanigans of Webber and his posse of Sprewell and the others. Long-term, Knicks fans would have enjoyed that era.
    It's really hard to argue with Van Gundy's results, but you can't argue with Nelson's either. Nellie ball is sure more fun to watch. I can only imagine how the Garden would have been, and might still be rockin' if he had been given the chance.

The scene in Oaktown is crazy right now. Teams like the W's and Suns are what the NBA should be about.

Is there any doubt the free agents will want to go play for Nellie in that system? You can expect a lot more national games for this team next year. Baron Davis is the most underated player in the NBA bar none. When healthy, he's an elite player.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I've had a soft spot for Golden State since the days of Cazzie Russell and Rick Barry!

Nice to see them puttin' on the preannointed NBA Chumps!

Once again, Dirk is being exposed in the post-season. He is definitely not comfortable driving to the hoop to get buckets, something he should be quite adept at given his height. Anyone think Dirk could get traded in the offseason given his constant inability to show up in big playoff games?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan44
    Once again, Dirk is being exposed in the post-season. He is definitely not comfortable driving to the hoop to get buckets, something he should be quite adept at given his height. Anyone think Dirk could get traded in the offseason given his constant inability to show up in big playoff games?
    Dirk sucks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    Dirk sucks.

Is that what YOU think, or is that what Woody Paige thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Banks81
    Is that what YOU think, or is that what Woody Paige thinks?
    Its what I know.