Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: An Inquiry...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

An Inquiry...

An Inquiry directed at our most active Political Board Members.

How many posts do you put up on the Main (Jets Landing Strip) Forum per week, on average?

And what is your percentage split between this Board and the Main Board over say, a year?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]An Inquiry directed at our most active Political Board Members.

How many posts do you put up on the Main (Jets Landing Strip) Forum per week, on average?

And what is your percentage split between this Board and the Main Board over say, a year?[/QUOTE]

I honestly have no idea as far as a concrete number. My average post count is getting pretty high, and that's probably due to some of the hotter topics on the Politics board.

I will say this, when I log on I sometimes hit the politics board before the landing strip. On an average week I probably post more on the landing strip, but sometimes it's close enough to be a toss-up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    44 looks (and counting) and only one reply?

Seems we have a number of folks just now realizing they all-but-live on a Jets Fan Website....and never, ever actually post about the Jets......
    Last edited by Warfish; 05-01-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]44 looks (and counting) and only one reply?

Seems we have a number of folks just now realizing they all-but-live on a Jets Fan Website....and never, ever actually post about the Jets......[/QUOTE]

Is that a bad thing?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect112row36]Is that a bad thing?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion? Yes.

This forum here is here ONLY to keep these controversial topics off the main board. The fact that it has so-called Jets fans on it who never have a word to say on the main board, and likely don't even read it at all? Yea, I'd call that bad. Thats my opinion, nothing more. I just find that fact very interesting.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]In my opinion? Yes.

This forum here is here ONLY to keep these controversial topics off the main board. The fact that it has [B]so-called Jets fans [/B] on it who never have a word to say on the main board, and likely don't even read it at all? Yea, I'd call that bad. Thats my opinion, nothing more. I just find that fact very interesting.[/QUOTE]

I think I fit your description here so here goes...
    A - Any correlation to quantity of posts to quality of fan is ridiculous. In your opinion, a fan watching the game on TV, posting as the game goes along and adding post game posts, is a better fan than someone who goes to the games and who by the time he logs on a day or two later (not everyone here logs on every day) every detail on the Jet forum has been discussed and critiqued ad nauseum.
    B- I can only speak for myself, but I doubt you can correlate the number of posts in a forum to the amount of time spent in a forum.
    C - Some of us older posters who used to know all the key college players and all the players around the league dont have the same amount of time to keep up on these things, go to the Jet boards to attempt to keep up. Unless its a blockbuster pickup like Jones, when the Jets pick up a FA, I usually have nothing to add to a post because in all liklihood, Ive never heard of him, but certainly read all the posts to pickup whatever I can from some of our more knowledgeable posters. Yet I'm in my seat week after week BEFORE the game starts and AFTER it ends usually with no voice left.
    Just an opinion from a so-called fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect112row36]...dont have the same amount of time to keep up on these things, go to the Jet boards to attempt to keep up...[/QUOTE]

I understand what your saying sect112...

I don't post much on the main boards because usually after a topic has been up for 10 minutes...alot has already been said. It's hard enough just trying to keep up with reading most of it.

What I like about the main board is that if I hear something Jet related on Sirius or something..they will only talk about it for 10 seconds or so, they are like that when it comes to the Jets. when I get home and hop on the computer, I know I can read about that 10 second news soundbite in 5 different threads and see it discussed from EVERY angle possible. There are alot of really well informed posters there that can fill me in on everything Jets related better than anything else around. I don't even bother reading ESPN or NFL.com anymore...it's pointless when I have 1,000 die hard Jet fans who will do it for me.

Besides...you can't get banned here :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This forum here is here ONLY to keep these controversial topics off the main board. The fact that it has so-called Jets fans on it who never have a word to say on the main board, and likely don't even read it at all? Yea, I'd call that bad. Thats my opinion, nothing more. I just find that fact very interesting.[/QUOTE]

During the offseason, my ratio of Politics posts to Jets posts is probably 9 to 1. During the season, it's probably 1 to 1 or 1.3 to 1 or something.

Why do you think that people who don't post on the main board a lot also don't read it? I read the main board every time I log on here; it's a great source for breaking news. I find things out here like Keyshawn being released or if I want to know who this Revis kid is. It's a GREAT resource for stuff like that. The problem, IMO, there is that there are so many posters and so many posts and threads of low quality on that board that I just don't give a sh*t enough to post every time someone starts a thread about the Pats or Pennington, or about draft grades or how bad Rich Cimini is, or how smart Tangini is or who the Jets warrrom mole is, etc. As the season gets closer and camp starts and preseason starts, I post about the Jets. I am just not consumed by Jets football 12 months out of the year and am not much of a draftnik, I guess...I also don't really follow college football and am just not interested to the same extent as others are about some of the topics on that board, valid and germane though they are and insightful as some posts are. For example, something like the "Top Ten players not drafted" doesn't interest me at all.

I don't go to many forums or chat rooms online. Basically, JI is it for me. So, I go here for Jets and politics - two things I am equally passionate about and they are both in one place, which is good for me. And I know enough people here and they know me and it's great, I enjoy it tremendously.

I joined this board 8 or 9 months before you did and have about 2,000 fewer posts. You post more than I do (and I post a lot), both on this board and on the Landing Strip. Good for you - you're a good poster and to be perfectly honest, I scan the Landing Strip looking for threads started by you or for your posts (and others, like YJF or Bitonti or Queens, etc). There are just so many people on that board and so many threads that (1) are high quality but about things that don't interest me, (2) pointless or (3) dominated by people who make stupid comments and (4) people I don't know.

I typically scan threads for posts by people I know and respect, like you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has nothing to do with number of posts.

Has nothing to do with CHOOSING not to post on the main board.

I think (and as stated, it's opinion only) that we have some posters in here who never (ever) read or post on the main board. That opinion wasn't aimed as an attack on anyone.....athough I DO find it somewhat odd personally.

If I'm wrong, so be it. Won;t be the last time, I am sure.

The point on the thread was to see a percentage of one vs. the other for most of us, and most of us apparently choose not to say......why, I have no idea....but I still think it's cause at least some realized post 99.999% of the posts here, not there. In reality, it makes no difference to me one way or the other, but I still found it an interesting enough thing to inquire on.

And for the record Sect, you were the last person I was thinking of when I wrote the thread. But considering your defensive reaction, it appears you have alot of sensativity over this fact. I apologize for apparently questioning your fandom, I hate when others do it, so I shouldn't do it either. But with that said, I stand by my belief that SOME of us in here do NOT read the main board, and THAT is why they do not post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]...at least some realized post 99.999% of the posts here, not there. In reality, it makes no difference to me one way or the other, but I still found it an interesting enough thing to inquire on...[/QUOTE]

I'm a V.I.P. Does that count for anything? :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I think (and as stated, it's opinion only) that we have some posters in here who never (ever) read or post on the main board. That opinion wasn't aimed as an attack on anyone.....athough I DO find it somewhat odd personally.[/QUOTE]

I always READ the main board but seldom post there because for each topic there's sometimes a gazillion responses. If I reply my response is inevitably simlar to other responses.

There was an OT on the main board a while ago "What's Your Favorite Type Of Pancake?" You wouldn't think a topic like pancakes on a JETS board could generate so many responses but surprisingly it did! It was funny!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

This forum here is here ONLY to keep these controversial topics off the main board. The fact that it has so-called Jets fans on it who never have a word to say on the main board, and likely don't even read it at all? Yea, I'd call that bad. Thats my opinion, nothing more. I just find that fact very interesting.[/QUOTE]
    Are you recruiting for the Anti-Chad Militia? Is that what this is?

I read more than I post there for a couple of reasons. a) I can't keep up football-wise with the draftniks and the squids of x's and o's. Much of that is awesome. b) When it comes to more conversational, easier-to-digest football matters, football often takes a distant backseat to personality. Don't feel like even reading, let alone contributing to that.

I forget how or why I started posting here, but I did and it's pretty good here.

Trust me, whatever your beefs are, they are not shared by JI brass. This is an active forum, thus a successful one. Turn your interest over to the study of interactive traffic and why messageboards are a great tool for end-users and webmasters. PatsFanTx, not a Jet fan, can probably get away with things that I can't - and I just shelled out for my season tickets!

Warfish, I hope you enjoyed this "things that make you go [I]hmmm[/I]" moment. And your post/thread is probably a bad thing, in my opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    depends on the time of the year.....

majority of my posts are here except draft season......I post more on the draft forum then the main board- too many psycho's over there....some of them make the jetdawg's and kennyo's look sane....

kennyo is consisntent though; he has no clue on the draft forum either....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-02-2007 at 09:06 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect112row36]I think I fit your description here so here goes...
    A - Any correlation to quantity of posts to quality of fan is ridiculous. In your opinion, a fan watching the game on TV, posting as the game goes along and adding post game posts, is a better fan than someone who goes to the games and who by the time he logs on a day or two later (not everyone here logs on every day) every detail on the Jet forum has been discussed and critiqued ad nauseum.
    B- I can only speak for myself, but I doubt you can correlate the number of posts in a forum to the amount of time spent in a forum.
    C - Some of us older posters who used to know all the key college players and all the players around the league dont have the same amount of time to keep up on these things, go to the Jet boards to attempt to keep up. Unless its a blockbuster pickup like Jones, when the Jets pick up a FA, I usually have nothing to add to a post because in all liklihood, Ive never heard of him, but certainly read all the posts to pickup whatever I can from some of our more knowledgeable posters. Yet I'm in my seat week after week BEFORE the game starts and AFTER it ends usually with no voice left.
    Just an opinion from a so-called fan.[/QUOTE]

oh really...prove it buddy

where are your seats?????????

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Warfish, I hope you enjoyed this "things that make you go [I]hmmm[/I]" moment. And your post/thread is probably a bad thing, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I did. And yea, you're probably right my friend. Such is life.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I did. And yea, you're probably right my friend. Such is life.[/QUOTE]
    No worries. Your thoughts are always a good read.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]

And for the record Sect, you were the last person I was thinking of when I wrote the thread. But considering your defensive reaction, it appears you have alot of sensativity over this fact. I apologize for apparently questioning your fandom, I hate when others do it, so I shouldn't do it either. But with that said, I stand by my belief that SOME of us in here do NOT read the main board, and THAT is why they do not post.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize, and I probably would have just past this thread over if you hadnt used the term "so called fans". I'm sure youre right that there are so who only post/read here, but I would guess those to be in the minority.

Now let me go over to the hockey forum--LEts go Rangers!!