Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McGreevey teaching ETHICS at Kean University???

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

McGreevey teaching ETHICS at Kean University???

What the hell is wrong with this picture?

[QUOTE]N.J. ex-governor teaches ethics after sex scandal

Reuters
    Thursday, April 19, 2007; 4:06 PM

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Former New Jersey Gov. James McGreevey, who resigned his post amid a sex scandal, is teaching law and ethics at the state's Kean University, the school said on Thursday.

McGreevey is being paid $17,500 a year to work 15 hours a week as an "executive in residence," a position that combines teaching and consulting, the university said.

McGreevey has been teaching courses entitled "Ethical and Legal Issues" and "Management and Leadership" to business school students, said spokesman Daniel Higgins.

McGreevey announced, on a nationally televised news conference in August 2004, that he was stepping down as governor because he was "a gay American" and had been having an affair with a man he had hired as a homeland security adviser.

The man, Golan Cipel, has denied the affair took place and has said McGreevey sexually assaulted him.

McGreevey was accused of hiring Cipel on the basis of his relationship with the man, not on his qualifications.

McGreevey is getting divorced from Dina Matos, whose memoir is scheduled to be released on May 1. The former governor published his memoir, "The Confession," last year.[/QUOTE]

I find this to be particularly outrageous. He is exactly what's wrong with the state of NJ -- it's run by corrupt, dishonest, scumbag public officials.

Governor McSkeevey, the guy that made his gay lover the head NJ homeland security, even though he was an Israeli national, is teaching ethics? The guy that took family trips to Puerto Rico and Ireland that was paid for by Genovese labor union wiseguys and NJ taxpayers, respectively, is teaching ethics???

Here's a little opinion blurb from the Courier Post Online:

[QUOTE]This is a slap in the face of New Jersey residents. We urge readers to call contact Kean University and tell them they're disgusted the university is helping the disgraceful former governor further fleece the taxpayers of the state by boosting his pension at the school.

Call the school at (908) 737-KEAN. Or contact Robert Cole, the vice president for university relations, by calling (908) 737-4080 or [email]rcole@kean.edu[/email]">sending an e-mail. [/QUOTE]

I'm sending my email right now.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh damn, I meant for this to go in the Politics forum. My bad. :O

thank you mod :thumbup:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what was disgraceful, that he's gay?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe he's teaching the class, using himself as an example of what not to do?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green]what was disgraceful, that he's gay?[/QUOTE]

Uhh, no. He was one of the most corrupt governors this state has ever seen. And that's saying something. It has nothing to do with him being gay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Uhh, no. He was one of the most corrupt governors this state has ever seen. And that's saying something. It has nothing to do with him being gay.[/QUOTE]

o

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green]what was disgraceful, that he's gay?[/QUOTE]
    Secretly gay, yet married father as governor? Pretty f'in disgraceful. Don't be blinded by rhinestones. If McGreevey were GOP he'd be portrayed as the disgraced face of the party. Kind of like Rep. Foley was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=loluchka80]maybe he's teaching the class, using himself as an example of what not to do?[/QUOTE]

On a similiar note, Governor Corzine will be teaching Drivers Ed at Rutgers as soon as he gets out of his wheelchair.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx]On a similiar note, Governor Corzine will be teaching Drivers Ed at Rutgers as soon as he gets out of his wheelchair.[/QUOTE]

Now that's just a stupid post.

Also, he wasn't driving. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Now that's just a stupid post.

Also, he wasn't driving. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I think there's a coupon for a "sense of humor" in the Walmart flyer... you might want to hurry down there.
    Maybe buy 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx]I think there's a coupon for a "sense of humor" in the Walmart flyer... you might want to hurry down there.
    Maybe buy 2.[/QUOTE]

I have a sense of humor. Apparently you don't, as your post was flatly unfunny. Sorry.
    Last edited by JetFanTransplant; 05-02-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheney teaching a gun and hunting safety class.

GW teaching a public speaking course.

Mike Brown teaching a emergency management course?

[QUOTE=Phoenixx]On a similiar note, Governor Corzine will be teaching Drivers Ed at Rutgers as soon as he gets out of his wheelchair.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]I have a sense of humor. Apparently, you don't as your post was flatly unfunny. Sorry.[/QUOTE]I guess I could rant about a Governor hiring his unqualified gay lover to be the State's Head of [U]Homeland Security[/U].

I chose to point out the absurdity of the situation in a more subtle way.

And I agree. I too am sorry that you have no sense of humor.
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 05-02-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Cheney teaching a gun and hunting safety class.

GW teaching a public speaking course.

Mike Brown teaching a emergency management course?[/QUOTE]

See, now those would be an appropriate use of sarcastic humor as well.

I chose to focus on the New Jersey Gubernatorial aspect of things, however.

Because I'm absolutely certain that everyone of every political stripe can see the criminal dereliction of duty in McGreevy's actions.

Right??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    note he's teaching at Kean university a school i've never heard of before today.

if he was teaching at Harvard that would be a story. this is a non-story.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]note he's teaching at Kean university a school i've never heard of before today.

if he was teaching at Harvard that would be a story. this is a non-story.[/QUOTE]

He's teaching ethics at an accredited university. How is this a non-story? God forbid he was a Republican, every liberal on this forum would be up in arms.

Just because you've never heard of the place doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx][U]See, now those would be an appropriate use of sarcastic humor [/U] as well.

[COLOR=Green]Agreed for the underlined part.[/COLOR]

I chose to focus on the New Jersey Gubernatorial aspect of things, however.

[COLOR=Green]I understand where you were *trying* to go.[/COLOR]

Because I'm absolutely certain that everyone of every political stripe can see the criminal dereliction of duty in McGreevy's actions.

[COLOR=Green]I just think its poor taste to take a jab a people whilst they are still injured.
    If you would have left the "wheelchair" comment out, it would have had a more humorous tone.[/COLOR]

As for the politics of it... couldn't care less. CR726's were funnier.

Right??[/QUOTE]
    Of course, it's just my opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]He's teaching ethics at an accredited university. How is this a non-story? God forbid he was a Republican, every liberal on this forum would be up in arms.

Just because you've never heard of the place doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

kean university hired him for this exact reason - people like us who would never talk about it are in fact talking about it. It's a publicity stunt on the part of Kean and an attempt to return to normality for McGreevey. Either way it's a non-story. Compare this to the veto of the Iraq spending bill, that's a real story. This is a distraction story with no real issues involved and no real impact on the country as a whole. It's something to talk about instead of how bad Iraq is going.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Of course, it's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]The reason he is in a wheelchair is what makes the Driver's Ed joke.

This really shouldn't be that hard to understand.

And of course you care about the politics of it...that's why you can't simply agree with Paulie's original point of the absurdity of what McGreevy is doing.

But by all means, if it makes you feel better, slam Bush and Cheney. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I think McGreevey is trying to get enough retirement points throught the state by teaching at a NJ state university.

[QUOTE=bitonti]kean university hired him for this exact reason - people like us who would never talk about it are in fact talking about it. It's a publicity stunt on the part of Kean and an attempt to return to normality for McGreevey. Either way it's a non-story. Compare this to the veto of the Iraq spending bill, that's a real story. This is a distraction story with no real issues involved and no real impact on the country as a whole. It's something to talk about instead of how bad Iraq is going.[/QUOTE]