Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Rangers!

JetsInsider.com Legend

Thank you Rangers!

This will be moved...but I want it to be seen.

First off Congrats to Buffalo on a great series win.

I want to say thank you to the Rangers. They had a GREAT year. Battled through it all, and made it to game 6 vs the Sabres....in the middle of the year people were saying how we have no playoff chance. And look at what happened.

The whole series vs Buff was great. OT games slapshots resulting in goals from the blue line. Great goalies on both teams. Miller and Lundqvist are NOW the best goalies in the Atlantic. And maybe the whole Eastern conference. Rangers you guys were awesome. I think the cup is ours next year.

Thanks Blue Shirts!

I agree, thank you Rangers, and can't wait for the next season to start again in October.

Maybe next year will be our year

[QUOTE=SBIIICHAMPS] Miller and Lundqvist are NOW the best goalies in the Atlantic. And maybe the whole Eastern conference. QUOTE]
    Miller can't be the best goalie in the Atlantic divisoion. Buffalo plays in the Northeast.

Hall Of Fame
    Very good season. Next year, play more young guys like Dawes, Pock, Callahan, Girardi, and Staal. No more Aaron Wards and Jason Krogs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=WoodyPaige]
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Miller and Lundqvist are NOW the best goalies in the Atlantic. And maybe the whole Eastern conference. QUOTE]
    Miller can't be the best goalie in the Atlantic divisoion. Buffalo plays in the Northeast.
    oops lol.... I forgot. My mistake...well in the EAST.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    Very good season. Next year, play more young guys like Dawes, Pock, Callahan, Girardi, and Staal. No more Aaron Wards and Jason Krogs.

I agree, lets get the young blood going, we know we have a great great great goalie between the pipes, lets see what our young guys can do

Hall Of Fame

I want to say thank you to the Rangers. They had a GREAT year. Battled through it all, and made it to game 6 vs the Sabres....in the middle of the year people were saying how we have no playoff chance. And look at what happened.

The whole series vs Buff was great. OT games slapshots resulting in goals from the blue line. Great goalies on both teams. Miller and Lundqvist are NOW the best goalies in the Atlantic. And maybe the whole Eastern conference. Rangers you guys were awesome. I think the cup is ours next year.

Thanks Blue Shirts!
    Classy. Good series. That is one hell of a goalie you guys got. Next we **** up Ottawa.

Congratulations to Buffalo on a hard-fought series.

As a Rangers fan, it's very bittersweet. The team played inspired hockey for the last 3+ months which makes it easy to be a fan. If the refs would have called things equally, we may have actually won this series. In the end, I think the experience can only help the young nucleus of this team going forward. I can't wait until next season!

All Pro
    It was a good season and I see a good future with players like Callahan and others.I am disappointed in Avery who was a no show in this series. He needs to produce more offensively and give the pest play a break some . I know that's part of his game , but he needs to concentrate more on scoring.We also need more stay at home big checkers on defense.
    Congrats to the Sabres.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I agree.

Let's hope Buffalo wins it all, and let's get ready for a great 2008 run.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    I agree.

Let's hope Buffalo wins it all, and let's get ready for a great 2008 run.

SAR I
    you sound like a met fan

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 023
    you sound like a met fan
    Nope. Like a Jets fan. Realistic, remember?

The Rangers had a chance to win this series 4-1, but they weren't nearly as good as the Sabres. The Sabres were faster, younger, and more physical. The Rangers did it all on guts and stellar goaltending.

This NHL postseason was just like last year's NFL postseason for me; let's see how an overachieving team in over its head does against a vastly superior opponent. The Rangers and Jets met my expectations. Valiant effort against a much better team, with great promise towards a successful future with a few more missing pieces falling into place.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by mario8723

As a Rangers fan, it's very bittersweet. The team played inspired hockey for the last 3+ months which makes it easy to be a fan. If the refs would have called things equally, we may have actually won this series. In the end, I think the experience can only help the young nucleus of this team going forward. I can't wait until next season!
    This Ranger team reminds me a lot of last year's Buffalo team in the way they play. They have got some good young talent, and an amazing tender...They should be only a couple of years away, but the Pens are really putting a good team together...The Atlantic will be a brutal division next year...Pens, Rangers, Islanders, Devils will all be really, really good...Philly will probably go "Daniel Snyder" in the offseason, so they might put up a fight too.

I've had Ranger season tix since 1978 and I was almost ready to give up on this team midway thru the season when they were blowing all those third -period leads - but they turned it around and were one of the best teams in the league for the last quarter of the year.

Lundqvist is a great goalie - I hope he spends the off-season working on his puck handling skills - that's his biggest weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by mario8723

The refs were awful a few times in the series but the Rangers were on the lucky side on some calls too. The better team won the series. It's hard to even dislike the Sabres. Much more fun to watch their style of hockey compared to a team like the Devils.

Rangers need a second line center and a D-man who might actually scare someone from rushing the zone. Sheldon Souray might do the trick. His 100 MPH shot can come in handy on the PP.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I want Briere to don the Red white and Blue next year.

I want Briere to don the Red white and Blue next year.
    I'd take Drury over Briere. Or Gomez for that matter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Rangers got the cup next year. I can feel it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky24
    I'd take Drury over Briere. Or Gomez for that matter.
    I was going to edit it to Drury. F Gomez.

Thanks Blue Shirts!
    I don't think you can say they are the best goalies in the East just yet. That guy Brodeur is pretty good.