Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A plea from an Iraqi-

A plea from an Iraqi-

"Don't [url=http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11792&Itemid=1] abandon [/url] us!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Who gives a crap what some stupid dumba*s Iraqi thinks? It's because of those retards who can't get their sh*t together that our soldiers have to stay longer than they ever should have. We shouldn't be forming some co-dependent welfare state over there. I really wouldn't shed much of a tear if every one of those backwards a*s sand jockeys dropped dead...

Why can't or won't they split the country in 3 and share the oil revenue? If they hate each other that much build a wall and let us get the hell out of there.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Who gives a crap what some stupid dumba*s Iraqi thinks? It's because of those retards who can't get their sh*t together that our soldiers have to stay longer than they ever should have. We shouldn't be forming some co-dependent welfare state over there. I really wouldn't shed much of a tear if every one of those backwards a*s sand jockeys dropped dead...[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[QUOTE=chicadeel]Why can't or won't they split the country in 3 and share the oil revenue? If they hate each other that much build a wall and let us get the hell out of there.[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=chicadeel]Why can't or won't they split the country in 3 and share the oil revenue? If they hate each other that much build a wall and let us get the hell out of there.[/QUOTE]

On the surface it sounds like such an easy idea. The truth of the matter is you will wind up with 3 countries at war, continually attacking each other's resources and there would be little to no production of the oil.

[QUOTE=asuusa]"Don't [url=http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11792&Itemid=1] abandon [/url] us!"[/QUOTE]

And for every plea for us to stay, there is aa plea for us to leave.
    Whats the point of your thread?

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]On the surface it sounds like such an easy idea. The truth of the matter is you will wind up with 3 countries at war, continually attacking each other's resources and there would be little to no production of the oil.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.
    Spliting up Iraq would be very difficult. You have to get all three sides to agree upon the terms of division. What are the chances that could be done peacefully?

[QUOTE=kennyo7]I agree 100%.
    Spliting up Iraq would be very difficult. You have to get all three sides to agree upon the terms of division. What are the chances that could be done peacefully?[/QUOTE]

What are the chances [I]anything [/I]in Iraq can be done peacefully?

It will get better right?

[QUOTE]"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." -- on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005
    V.P. Dick Cheney [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pauliec]What are the chances [I]anything [/I]in Iraq can be done peacefully?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]On the surface it sounds like such an easy idea. The truth of the matter is you will wind up with 3 countries at war, continually attacking each other's resources and there would be little to no production of the oil.[/QUOTE]

If they can't live separately and share the oil revenue, how could we expect them to live together and share the revenue? Separate the country into three "states" and have a set of controls in place to insure the revenue is equally divided and the first one who steps out of place gets fined.
    Last edited by chicadeel; 05-07-2007 at 02:36 PM.

what's in it for us?

[QUOTE=bitonti]what's in it for us?[/QUOTE]

What's in sacrificing to "fight" Global Warming for Me?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]The truth of the matter is you will wind up with 3 countries at war, continually attacking each other's resources and there would be little to no production of the oil.[/QUOTE]

Works for me.

[QUOTE=Warfish]What's in sacrificing to "fight" Global Warming for Me?[/QUOTE]

how is that relevant? no one is forcing you to sacrifice anything in the name of global warming. However we as American citizens are invested in Iraq, whether we like it or not.

[QUOTE=bitonti]what's in it for us?[/QUOTE]

If all the parties agreed to a three state type of union that let them control their own areas and share oil revenue perhaps the area would become more stable. I can't see a down side to a more stable area or region. To answer your question of whats in it for us. I would like to think that whats in it for us is the same basic need of the Iraqi people. The need for the killing to stop and to find an amicable solution to bring this to a conclusion.

[QUOTE=chicadeel][B]If all the parties agreed to a three state type of union that let them control their own areas and share oil revenue perhaps the area would become more stable.[/B] I can't see a down side to a more stable area or region. To answer your question of whats in it for us. I would like to think that whats in it for us is the same basic need of the Iraqi people. The need for the killing to stop and to find an amicable solution to bring this to a conclusion.[/QUOTE]

Right and if I win the lottery , i dont have to work any more.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Right and if I win the lottery , i dont have to work any more.[/QUOTE]

Ken- Do you think through some type of negotiation and diplomacy that these three groups of people could share the country?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Who gives a crap what some stupid dumba*s Iraqi thinks? ...[/QUOTE]

1st, did you read the linked article?

2nd, he's not some "dumba*s Iraqi"

[QUOTE]Hoshyar Zebari (or Hişyar Zębarî) (born 1953) is the current Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iraq. A Kurd originally from Aqrah, a city in Iraqi Kurdistan, Zebari holds a masters degree in sociology from the University of Essex in the United Kingdom and studied political science in Jordan. He was the foreign spokesperson for the Kurdistan Democratic Party in the 1990s and represented the party to both, the United Kingdom and the United States.

He was appointed Foreign Minister of Iraq in 2003 by the Iraqi Governing Council and held the post for the Iraqi Interim Government, Iraqi Transitional Government and the first permanent government.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=chicadeel]Ken- Do you think through some type of negotiation and diplomacy that these three groups of people could share the country?[/QUOTE]

At this point in time, No i do not.
    That is because both sides are not yet willing to come to the negotiating table. The Shia have suddenly become the most powerful of the Iraqis and they dont want to relinquish any of their power. The Sunnis have "lost it all" and want to get it all back. Neither group has shown they are willing to make the compromises necessary.

Down the road? Yes , i think ultimately there will be some negotiation , but only after the civil war is over ....and [B]we[/B] have no role in this civil war.