Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankees got screwed tonight

Banned

Yankees got screwed tonight

By the 2nd base umpire. He was out by 2 ****ing feet!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    By the 2nd base umpire. He was out by 2 ****ing feet!
    Good God, i just saw the highlight. That ump must be blind, you guys did get screwed.

All League
    Without that awful call, it's doubtful Beltre sees the plate in the 9th.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    Of course it changed the whole outcome of the game.

Things like that should NEVER happen.

There should be an official in a booth watching the game at all times.

And when an on field umpire blows a call... Make sure they get it right.

All Pro
    That was a horrible call. I don't understand why no one argued it either. Cano has to say something there or Mattingly has to get off his a$$ and question that call. He was out by at least a foot and a half. I wish they could have got the kid a win too. He pitched great.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    Beltre is on my fantasy team and I hate the Yankees more then I hate getting kicked in the nuts so while it was a TERRIBLE call; I'm not complaining.

All League
    Bar none. THE WORST CALL AT 2nd BASE I HAVE EVER SEEN.

He was out by 2 feet! How can that umpire not be overruled by the crew chief, any of the umps could have saw that!? That was a DISGRACE.

Banned
    Didnt see it, heard it was a pretty rough call.

Oh well though, everything's deserved after the Jeter "flip" where Giambi was actually safe in 2001

Banned
    ahhh, big deal.....bad calls happen sometimes. i'd say half the time a bad call goes for you and hlaf the time a bad call goes against you......it's part of the game

look at the mets, twice in the last couple of games the mets opponents have been given homeruns that were not.........

imo, giving a team a homerun when they didn't actually hit one is alot worse than just blowing a call at 2nd base, but f*ck it i'm not complaining.....sh*t happens

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    ahhh, big deal.....bad calls happen sometimes. i'd say half the time a bad call goes for you and hlaf the time a bad call goes against you......it's part of the game

look at the mets, twice in the last couple of games the mets opponents have been given homeruns that were not.........

imo, giving a team a homerun when they didn't actually hit one is alot worse than just blowing a call at 2nd base, but f*ck it i'm not complaining.....sh*t happens
    What about the game against Washington when the same first base umpire called two Mets out at first (Reyes once and Shawn Green once) when they were so clearly safe (Willie got tossed after the 2nd one) and then later called a Washington player safe at first when he was clearly out by a step?

One guy ..... 3 calls. That was horrendous. Even the commentators who are supposed to discuss what they see of course but also try to remain neutral where saying how the Umpires Commmission is going to come down hard on that guy as they (the commission) keep a close eye on things like that.

Veteran
    I just don't understand why Cano didn't argue more..is there any way that he wasn't sure he tagged him out?? It was obvious to the rest of the stadium.

Veteran
    The blown call was a pretty big deal, but so was Rivera giving up another home run in the 9th. I'm getting pretty worried about his ability to consistently close games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44
    The blown call was a pretty big deal, but so was Rivera giving up another home run in the 9th. I'm getting pretty worried about his ability to consistently close games.
    Beltre wouldn't have been at the plate if that call was made correctly. But I know what you are saying...

All Pro
    Ump basically said after the game when people get tagged in the ass he assumes their hands are on the base.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon

Wasn't that inning awful last night, stupid Shawn Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Ump basically said after the game when people get tagged in the ass he assumes their hands are on the base.
    You would think that an umpire would know where the base was ...but hey, that's just me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Wasn't that inning awful last night, stupid Shawn Green.
    Shawn Green is having a great year at the plate, but i seriously question his ability to run and catch the ball at the same time.

Id expect that difficulty from a Little Leaguer, but a guy in the majors should have that difficult skill down pat.

Its one thing if his arm is weakened from wear and tear and from surgery. If he doesn't have the legs to track down a ball in the gap, thats cool. We signed on for that. But to not be able to catch a line drive after running a short distance to it is ridiculous. Probably cost us the game yesterday.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Been that way for years...high tags dont ever get the call.

Veteran
    for those who havent seen it .....

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/media...e=v_free&_mp=1

man that was a bad call!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    Shawn Green is having a great year at the plate, but i seriously question his ability to run and catch the ball at the same time.

Id expect that difficulty from a Little Leaguer, but a guy in the majors should have that difficult skill down pat.

Its one thing if his arm is weakened from wear and tear and from surgery. If he doesn't have the legs to track down a ball in the gap, thats cool. We signed on for that. But to not be able to catch a line drive after running a short distance to it is ridiculous. Probably cost us the game yesterday.

actually easley's error happened first, so all in all it was just a bad inning.......but even before that molina was given a homerun on what was really a double......oh well, bad games will happen in a 162 game season......no use in complaining, that goes for the yankees fans as well....it the call happened to the mariners you guys would be saying, "oh well, things like that happen sometimes"