Thread: "Nose of God" Released from Hospital, Vows to Stay Clean, Fat

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

"Nose of God" Released from Hospital, Vows to Stay Clean, Fat

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...dlines&cc=5901
    Maradona says he no longer drinks
    Associated Press

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina -- Diego Maradona says he no longer drinks or uses drugs, and plans to return to playing small-scale exhibition soccer games.

"For my two daughters, I'm going to continue to the end," the 46-year-old Argentine soccer great said. "I'm alive and I want to keep living."

Maradona was noticeably thinner when he appeared early Tuesday on a popular TV show. He was released Sunday after spending 16 days in several local clinics to treat what doctors said was excessive alcohol consumption that led to a form of hepatitis.

Maradona has battled obesity and cocaine addiction since his 1997 retirement and has had eight serious hospitalizations in the decade since.

"I no longer drink alcohol and it's been 2 years since I've done drugs," he said. "I just drink juices."

He said he planned to return to playing "showbol," seven-a-side, small-field exhibition soccer, although he did not say when.

Maradona remains a beloved figure in Argentina. He captained the national team to the 1986 World Cup title and is considered among the greatest players in soccer history.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    NY Red Bulls should sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    hahahahahahah...

now thats what i call comedy...except for the fact that they probably will sign him...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at the Red Bulls roster, they have a squad by MLS standards. Reyna, Angel, Mathis, and Altidore is supposed to be ridiculous.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow this is the reason i stay off this forum, people just take hot shots at the MLS( in a Maradona thread of all places). The MLS has tons of YOUNG talent from all over the world, oh and Newsflash Beckham is still starting for Real Madrid a premier club.....as many other were that are in the MLS currently.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Yeah! Then make sure there's loads of cameras on his face when he has his heart attack.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StonerJet 63
    Wow this is the reason i stay off this forum, people just take hot shots at the MLS( in a Maradona thread of all places). The MLS has tons of YOUNG talent from all over the world, oh and Newsflash Beckham is still starting for Real Madrid a premier club.....as many other were that are in the MLS currently.
    nobody is knocking MLS as a league, just having a bit of fun at the Red Bulls expense...

though you do raise an interesting point...hasn't the MLS season started?..why are there no MLS threads yet?..are we all still stuck in Europe mode or something?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    nobody is knocking MLS as a league, just having a bit of fun at the Red Bulls expense...

though you do raise an interesting point...hasn't the MLS season started?..why are there no MLS threads yet?..are we all still stuck in Europe mode or something?

hey, come on now dr, speak for yourself... I was knocking MLS as a league.

That's true, though, ESPN has Thursday night soccer now, we should get some MLS threads going.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer

Dont ask me questions in this forum, I refuse to take part in an anti MLS soccer forum and if you can't see that you all hate the MLS you don't deserve an answer to your question!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont ask me questions in this forum, I refuse to take part in an anti MLS soccer forum and if you can't see that you all hate the MLS you don't deserve an answer to your question!

Who are you, Tony Meola?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meola was always solid in goal for team USA and in the MLS, not for the Jets at P.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meola was always solid in goal for team USA and in the MLS, not for the Jets at P.

indeed he was