Thread: Your Day With The Cup

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Day With The Cup

Here is something fun to keep the NHL forum alive. I posted this on a Sabres board, and was interested to see what you guys would do.

You have just won the Stanley Cup for whatever team you play for. It is now your day with the Cup.

What is on the agenda?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome thread. Let me think....

I would eat every meal out of it and then at night bring it to my local pub and drink out of it all night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A local sports writer("The Faa" of the Jersey Journal), supposedly drove around with it sticking out of his trunk. Me, I'd pour nothing but the best from it: Newcastle Brown Ale.

I DID get my picture taken with it after a couple of times after Devils championships. The first time was during a WFAN fundraiser at The Atrium of the World Financial Center(Steve Sommers looks even uglier in person). The second was in the Hoboken Train Station. Nice thread.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 05-09-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    A local sports writer("The Faa" of the Jersey Journal), supposedly drove around with it sticking out of his trunk. Me, I'd pour nothing but the best from it: Newcastle Brown Ale. I DID get my picture taken with it after a couple of times after Devils championships. The first time was during a WFAN fundraiser at The Atrium of the World Financial Center(Steve Sommers looks even uglier in person). The second was in the Hoboken Train Station. Nice thread.
    I have a picture some where with me holding a replica of it up like I just won it in the Hockey Hall of Fame. It was identical. I also have a picture next to the real one that was behind glass.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-09-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I have a picture some where with me holding a replica of it up like I just won it in the Hockey Hall of Fame. It was identical. I late have a picture next to the real one that is behind class.
    You can't touch the real one. BTW, I learned at the Hoboken viewing that this is actually the 3rd or 4th Cup. Once they run out of room for the names they get a new one and start over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Awesome thread. Let me think....

I would eat every meal out of it and then at night bring it to my local pub and drink out of it all night.
    You know, the Rangers peed in that, right? Also, a horse ate out of it, and I think some player's baby emptied his diaper in it too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGreen222
    You know, the Rangers peed in that, right? Also, a horse ate out of it, and I think some player's baby emptied his diaper in it too.
    I'll scrub it down with some bleach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah...and they also have replicas of the real one, so that something is in the HOF while the real one is not there.

The best story yet I've seen is Brodeur taking it to the movies and using it as a popcorn bowl...tons of butter and salt just left there and dried up for 8 days....and then just leaving it that way for Jamie Langenbrunner to clean out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who was the player who took the cup in the pool with him and the cup surface had to be worked on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Who was the player who took the cup in the pool with him and the cup surface had to be worked on.
    Wasnt it someone from the Penguins that did that, like Bryan Trottier?