Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Slimes Campaign to Acquit to Fort Dix Six Begins

Hall Of Fame

NY Slimes Campaign to Acquit Fort Dix Six Begins

New York Times already beginning its campaign to undermine the prosecution of the "Fort Dix Six", claiming entrapment. Instead of praising the investigation, they are taking shots at law enforcement techniques.

The Role of an F.B.I. Informer Draws Praise as Well as Questions About Legitimacy
    By DAVID KOCIENIEWSKI
    Published: May 10, 2007
    It was August 2006 when one of the young Muslim men accused of plotting to kill soldiers at Fort Dix first broached the idea, according to the authorities. Talking to an informer who was secretly taping the exchange, the young man said that he thought he could round up six or seven other men willing to take part, and that a rocket-propelled grenade might be the most effective weapon, the authorities said.

And he had one more notion: He wanted the informer to lead the attack, according to a federal complaint. “I am at your services,” the young man is quoted as telling the informer, who had presented himself as an Egyptian with a military background.

That moment, recorded on tape and submitted in federal court this week in Camden, N.J., as the authorities charged six Muslim men in the plot, captures something of the complexity of using informers in terror investigations. The informer, sent to penetrate a loose group of men who liked to talk about jihad and fire guns in the woods, had come to be seen by the suspects as the person who might actually show them how an act of terror could be carried off.

Indeed, over the months that followed, as the targets of the investigation spoke with a sometimes unfocused zeal about waging holy war, the informer, one of two used in the investigation, would tell them that he could get them the sophisticated weapons they wanted. He would accompany them on surveillance missions to military installations, debating the risks, and when the men looked ready to purchase the weapons, it was the informer who seemed to be pushing the idea of buying the deadliest items, startling at least one of the suspects.

Since 9/11, law enforcement officials have praised the work of such informers, saying they have been doing exactly what they should be doing — gaining access to the world of a possible threat, playing along to see just how far suspects were willing to go, and allowing the authorities to act before the potential terrorists did.

In the case of the men arrested this week, the authorities have been emphatic: The men were prepared to kill, and to die in the effort, and the informer was vital to preventing any loss of life.

“Their intentions and motivation were obviously well established before the investigation began,” said Michael Drewniak, a spokesman for the United States attorney in New Jersey, Christopher J. Christie, who announced the arrests of the men on Tuesday.

The authorities made the arrests and ended the operation, officials said, because the men were at last ready to acquire the weapons they had sought.

As the case goes forward, the role of the main informer will almost surely be contested. Over the years, informers in terror cases have become the focus of efforts by defense lawyers and others to call into question the legitimacy of the investigations. They have often sought to show that informers engaged in entrapment.

“The police are allowed to use some enticement in cases,” said Troy Archie, a lawyer for one of the six men charged, Dritan Duka. “But it depends how far they go.”

Full article [url]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/10/nyregion/10informer.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=nyregion[/url]
    Last edited by HDCentStOhio; 05-10-2007 at 10:16 AM.

when i first read the post i thought it was put up by CBNY.

NY Slimes??
    Come on man your better than that.
    How is this evidence of the Times trying to acquit the six. They are raising legitimate points.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]when i first read the post i thought it was put up by CBNY.

NY Slimes??
    How is this evidence of the Times trying to acquit the six. They are raising legitimate points.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it, we are supposed to wait until they get a legitimate ring leader before we get rid of the people who want to kill us.

Jets Insider VIP

NY Slimes??
    How is this evidence of the Times trying to acquit the six. They are raising legitimate points.[/QUOTE]

The investigation began because they wanted copies of a terroist training video. They were bad right there. Then they used an informer as an undercover guy to infiltrate the group, get more evidence as to thier plans and I am sure to see if they could see any of the bigger picture such as funding or external leaders. That is a good thing rather than just rounding up the small fish.
    The Times basically says that even though they talked about Jihad and everything it was the informer who pushed them along and alludes to entrapment. They came just short of saying the men should be released!

NY Slimes??

Legitimate points? Are you kidding?

Oh, we all feel so bad for the men plotting to raid an Army base and kill as many soldiers as possible. They were tricked by the FBI. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

NY Slimes??

and when reading the above post which once again tries to justify the Slimes standing on the side of terror, there was absolutely no doubt it was put up by you....

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Blame the NYT if you want but the truth is this will be a major part of the defense. The Times are just pointing this out and scooping their competition.

[QUOTE=Buster]Blame the NYT if you want but the truth is this will be a major part of the defense. The Times are just pointing this out and scooping their competition.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!
    The NYT is not commenting on whether this is wrong or right. They are merely saying that this is a defense that has been used in prior similar cases.They are not in any way making an endorsement of this practice that defense attorneys are already using.

The problem is that right wing mouthfoamers like HDCent and CBNY are so wrapped up in their hatred for the NYT that they fail to actually read the article and hence jump to wrong conclusions.

[QUOTE=Trades]The investigation began because they wanted copies of a terroist training video. They were bad right there. Then they used an informer as an undercover guy to infiltrate the group, get more evidence as to thier plans and I am sure to see if they could see any of the bigger picture such as funding or external leaders. That is a good thing rather than just rounding up the small fish.
    The Times basically says that even though they talked about Jihad and everything it was the informer who pushed them along and alludes to entrapment. [B]They came just short of saying the men should be released[/B]![/QUOTE]

Whoa, how did you come to that conclusion? :eek:
    Where in the article does the author endorse this defense?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

don't forget...

it was the Slimes who claimed there was a "body of evidence" against the Duke lax players when the story first broke.....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]don't forget...

it was the Slimes who claimed there was a "body of evidence" against the Duke lax players when the story first broke.....[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with the article??????????????

Answer: Nothing.
    When CBNY knows he is wrong he changes topics. This has always been his MO.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Whoa, how did you come to that conclusion? :eek:
    Where in the article does the author endorse this defense?[/QUOTE]

To me the whole article has a "Oh those poor guys got entrapped" especially ending it with “The police are allowed to use some enticement in cases,” said Troy Archie, a lawyer for one of the six men charged, Dritan Duka. “But it depends how far they go.”

These lines bothered me in particular as they seem very consilatory to me:
    "The informer, sent to penetrate a loose group of men who liked to talk about jihad and fire guns in the woods, had come to be seen by the suspects as the person who might actually show them how an act of terror could be carried off."
    He would accompany them on surveillance missions to military installations, debating the risks, and when the men looked ready to purchase the weapons, it was the informer who seemed to be pushing the idea of buying the deadliest items, startling at least one of the suspects.

It seems like the author feels the only one that was at fault was the informer.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7]What does this have to do with the article??????????????

Answer: Nothing.
    When CBNY knows he is wrong he changes topics. This has always been his MO.[/QUOTE]

sorry dumbass...the topic and issue at hand is the NY Slimes and their campaign/agenda.....it is written in the title of the thread...

I'm just bringing to light their past lying history and one-sided bias....not that any of this will register with you....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]sorry dumbass...the topic and issue at hand is the NY Slimes and their campaign/agenda.....it is written in the title of the thread...

I'm just bringing to light their past lying history and one-sided bias....not that any of this will register with you....[/QUOTE]

Again $hit for brains, what does this have to do with the article.
    Please point out where in the article, the author is agreeing with the defense tactics. He is just pointing out that this defense has been used in the past. There is no opinion being offered by the writer. He is neither agreeing or disagreeing with this tactic. He is just stating a fact.

Its like if i report that on 9/11/01 two airplanes crashed into the WTC you conclude that somehow i am defending what they did.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Again $hit for brains, what does this have to do with the article.
    Please point out where in the article, the author is agreeing with the defense tactics. He is just pointing out that this defense has been used in the past. There is no opinion being offered by the writer. He is neither agreeing or disagreeing with this tactic. He is just stating a fact.

Its like if i report that on 9/11/01 two airplanes crashed into the WTC you conclude that somehow i am defending what they did.[/QUOTE]
    Would it be too much for the author to commend the work done by our federal agencies looking to protect us? The overall tone of the article is that the case is being overblown and that the FBI may have entrapped these six. The tone of the article expresses his opinion.

By the way, consider the title a tribute to CBNY. He cracks me up with some of his responses on this board.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buster]Blame the NYT if you want but the truth is this will be a major part of the defense. The Times are just pointing this out and scooping their competition.[/QUOTE]

QFT

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Again $hit for brains, what does this have to do with the article.

Its like if i report that on 9/11/01 two airplanes crashed into the WTC you conclude that somehow i am defending what they did.[/QUOTE]

I realize you are pathetically dense and there's no getting through to you; but the history of the Slimes and their reputation has everything to do with this thread....

is this too difficult for your simple mind to comprehend??? it must be....

the author is not "agreeing with the defense tactics" as none have been presented so far....he's throwing his opinion out there....

[QUOTE]As the case goes forward, the role of the main informer will almost surely be contested. Over the years, informers in terror cases have become the focus of efforts by defense lawyers and others to call into question the legitimacy of the investigations. [B]They have often sought to show that informers engaged in entrapment[/B].[/QUOTE]

where are the cases he is talking about???

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Would it be too much for the author to commend the work done by our federal agencies looking to protect us? The overall tone of the article is that the case is being overblown and that the FBI may have entrapped these six. The tone of the article expresses his opinion.

[/QUOTE]

QFT....

if you read past the portion you posted all this article does is attack the informer....

expected from the Slimes and the minions who follow along to this rag...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-10-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I stopped reading the NYT a loooong time ago. They are a joke and I laugh at anyone who takes them seriously. I couldn't give a sh*t less about this article. The NYT is pathetic, absolutely pathetic.