Thread: How many legal immigrants do we allow each year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

How many legal immigrants do we allow each year?

I've heard this number is fairly low but I haven't seen the data. If it is, why don't we allow more legal immigrants? They're gonna be here anyway, we might as well do background checks, register, etc. more than we already do. Then again, I bet union lobbyists have something to say about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will be *****ing long before any union when you complain that your tax money is being spent to let more immigrants in. Where is that money going to come from?

The money we are throwing at Iraq is making our homeland suffer and no one will figure that out until it is too late.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I've heard this number is fairly low but I haven't seen the data. If it is, why don't we allow more legal immigrants? They're gonna be here anyway, we might as well do background checks, register, etc. more than we already do. Then again, I bet union lobbyists have something to say about it.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Millions of illegal immigrants were here long before Iraq. The democrats and republicans have done nothing about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you read BB original post?

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]Millions of illegal immigrants were here long before Iraq. The democrats and republicans have done nothing about it.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I've heard this number is fairly low but I haven't seen the data. If it is, why don't we allow more legal immigrants? They're gonna be here anyway, we might as well do background checks, register, etc. more than we already do. Then again, I bet union lobbyists have something to say about it.[/QUOTE]

Here are some sources on the current immigration quotas:
    [url]http://www.immigralaw.com/english/immigrationquotas.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.kkeane.com/quota-faq.shtml[/url]