Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senators vs. Sabres Thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Senators vs. Sabres Thread

Why didn't you start a thread for this? You were awfully confident bashing every other local team around these forums. Entering threads when teams were down to say how they weren't good.

"Team of Destiny"? lol, give me a break. Down 0-3 and ready to be swept. Here's some " " right back at ya buddy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    Why didn't you start a thread for this? You were awfully confident bashing every other local team around these forums. Entering threads when teams were down to say how they weren't good.

"Team of Destiny"? lol, give me a break. Down 0-3 and ready to be swept. Here's some " " right back at ya buddy
    I'm not even responding to you, because your team got shelled the same way we are by this Ottawa team.

But I will comment on our series:

Bottom line is, this team just collapsed on itself...Ryan Miller is the only one still showing up. Never seen anything like it. A complete choke job. Ottawa is really not doing anything great other than skating hard for 60 minutes...We have no PP and the PK hasn't been much better (which isn't a surprise, the Sens have a phenomenal PP unit). We all of a sudden forgot how to pass. Just 3 games of the most horrible hockey I have watched in a long time. Shame too...probably the best team we have had in 8 years just wasted...

I just want to see them go down fighting on Wednesday. I can't stand a 4th straight game of this trash.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    I'm not even responding to you, because your team got shelled the same way we are by this Ottawa team.
    We at least got a win on home ice.

You're ready to be swept on their ice.

Might need a broom to go along with that "destiny"...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom line is, this team just collapsed on itself...Ryan Miller is the only one still showing up. Never seen anything like it. A complete choke job.
    They've had that kind of history last 2 years, although last year they kinda got robbed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    They've had that kind of history last 2 years, although last year they kinda got robbed.
    Yeah, but they had it coming last year...with all of the injuries they were plagued with, I never expected them to be in that game 7 position...That was amazing to me.

I still have a small gimmer of hope that we can steal one on Wednesday, but tonight's game didn't really give me too much to look forward to...I will still watch it, I am as diehard as they come, but it has been a disappointing couple of games to say the least.

A lot has changed for me since the start of the playoffs...I wish I could say that hockey is as big of a part of my life now that it was a month and a half ago...I can only wish that it was the Sabres that keep me awake at night...After the wife's MC two weeks ago, it has been hard to be happy about anything.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could say that hockey is as big of a part of my life now that it was a month and a half ago...I can only wish that it was the Sabres that keep me awake at night...After the wife's MC two weeks ago, it has been hard to be happy about anything.
    Honestly, sorry to hear that Ken. But basically, I was just zinging you back for some comments you had in the last Devils thread that rubbed me the wrong way.

Hope everything works out with you and your wife. We're all Jets fans in the end anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, sorry to hear that Ken. But basically, I was just zinging you back for some comments you had in the last Devils thread that rubbed me the wrong way.

Hope everything works out with you and your wife. We're all Jets fans in the end anyway.
    Yeah, I know, its cool....I don't get upset about that kind of stuff...its just fans giving rival teams fans a hard time...I expected it...

Just hard to see this team go down without a fight. They really let down Ryan tonight...he played superb, and noone looked like they cared...

About the MC, i appreciate it...as you know, its been a really tough month coming from the Job situation to the MC like that...

I just keep saying that something has got to give here soon, because it can't get much worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    There are more important thing than sports. Take care of your family.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ken - What happened to the Sabres in the post-season? Not just the Senators series. Buffalo never looked too motivated against the Islanders or Rangers, either. Is there a Buffalo Sports Curse with the Bills and Sabres?

P.S. My sister had two MCs. Now she has three kids - two girls & a boy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    Ken - What happened to the Sabres in the post-season? Not just the Senators series. Buffalo never looked too motivated against the Islanders or Rangers, either. Is there a Buffalo Sports Curse with the Bills and Sabres?

P.S. My sister had two MCs. Now she has three kids - two girls & a boy.
    I'll repost here what I posted on a Sabres forum:

I might be in the minority here, but after taking a night to think on this, I really think that this has more to do with Lindy than we know...Watching this team is NOTHING like watching them in the regular season. When we watched this team during the season, even if the other team scored 4 goals, you just knew we were going to score 5. We had the "we are going to out-skate you, and just make your goalie look silly" attitude, and it won us the President's trophy.

This team we are seeing now? This is the same team that lost to Philadelphia on the last day of the season. They are playing back, they are playing tentative, and they are waiting for an opportunity to move the puck. An opportunity that will never arrive. I don't think they are playing not to get hurt, like they did in Philly, but they are playing so that they don't give up goals and don't give anyone the opportunity to blow them out.

Look at this team in the Ranger series...all series long, it was 1 goal games...playing defensively. not taking chances. And then when they needed to, in the last 2 mins of each game, they open it up and score a goal. All of this until their backs were against a wall in Game 6 in NY, and they blew lundqvist up. They gave up a bunch of goals, too but you know what? That is the Sabres team that we loved this year. Sure they gave up goals...But they are going to out-score you.

It's not like it is just 1 or 2 or even 3 guys that is preventing us from winning these games. It is the whole team, and it is this whole system and style of play. The highest scoring team just doesn't all of a sudden sit back on their heels in the playoffs unless they are being told to do so. Over the last 6 days, all I have heard in these interviews with players is "Well, we just need to come up with a different system" or "We just need to tweak something". To me, that's coaching. If it was just 1 or 2 guys, then yes, we can single people out...But it's everyone save for MAYBE 4 guys (Miller, Max, Zubie, and Mair)

Take a good hard look at these games, and then go back and look at how we played the Sens, or anyone else for that matter all year long...We look like a different team. Ryan Miller didn't have a GAA just under 3.0 for nothing. He didn't just let in a "softie" per game for nothing. We gave up odd man rushes, and we gave up breakaways, because we knew that most of the time, he could handle himself and we could turn it around and turn it into a rush going back the other way. This team doesn't play like that. Our defensemen now sit back instead of pinching, afraid to give up the rush. Our forwards are no longer physical enough to go after the puck in their zone, because they are playing scared to be out of position.

I really think that this whole thing is Lindy having his team play not to lose in the playoffs...We didn't dominate against the Isles. We surely didn't dominate against the Rangers. But, like I said, everyone here saw the last game of the Ranger series. We made Lundqvist look silly. And yeah, we gave up a bunch of goals in that game, too. But that is what got us here...Out-scoring people. We didn't play defensively and score 300 goals this year.

Not much left now...Strategy pretty much means nothing at this point. If they come out and just play to score goals, instead of playing not to lose, they will win tomorrow night. I have no doubt that this team CAN rattle 4 wins off against Ottawa and win the series. But unless Lindy takes the leash off, it won't happen.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I know, its cool....I don't get upset about that kind of stuff...its just fans giving rival teams fans a hard time...I expected it...

Just hard to see this team go down without a fight. They really let down Ryan tonight...he played superb, and noone looked like they cared...

About the MC, i appreciate it...as you know, its been a really tough month coming from the Job situation to the MC like that...

I just keep saying that something has got to give here soon, because it can't get much worse.
    K O'B...I'm very sorry for your lost. You are one of my favorite posters, keep at it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    K O'B...I'm very sorry for your lost. You are one of my favorite posters, keep at it.
    Thanks, SR, and likewise...although I see you are now banned...I hope it isn't permanant.

Looks like the 'ol Swords still have a heartbeat...for now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, SR, and likewise...although I see you are now banned...I hope it isn't permanant.

Looks like the 'ol Swords still have a heartbeat...for now.
    Saw that, and based on what you're saying has been going on in your life, I was at least glad for your sake.

But alas, due to all the **** talking between us back and forth over the year, I must hope Ottawa finishes them off eventually. That way you have nothing more to talk about . Good luck..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw that, and based on what you're saying has been going on in your life, I was at least glad for your sake.

But alas, due to all the **** talking between us back and forth over the year, I must hope Ottawa finishes them off eventually. That way you have nothing more to talk about . Good luck..
    LOL. Don't worry...the way I saw it, your team got knocked out and that was enough to handle without me even saying a word.

I was actually in an interview for a job yesterday, and the guys interviewing were based out of Newark...Somehow we started talking about hockey, and I said I was a Buffalo fan, so he says "Ah, I see. Surprised you are still a fan after the beatdown they are getting right now. I am a firm believer that the team that beats my team should win the cup, so sorry about the Sabres, but I'm rooting for Ottawa" I asked if he was a Devils fan, and he said yes, but what I was really thinking was...

"JETS_for_Life? Is that you?"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Don't worry...the way I saw it, your team got knocked out and that was enough to handle without me even saying a word.

I was actually in an interview for a job yesterday, and the guys interviewing were based out of Newark...Somehow we started talking about hockey, and I said I was a Buffalo fan, so he says "Ah, I see. Surprised you are still a fan after the beatdown they are getting right now. I am a firm believer that the team that beats my team should win the cup, so sorry about the Sabres, but I'm rooting for Ottawa" I asked if he was a Devils fan, and he said yes, but what I was really thinking was...

"JETS_for_Life? Is that you?"
    LOL, seriously? That's pretty damn hilarious...

Also, you would know it wasn't me if there wasn't a swearing-filled tirade about the last series, or anything in general. I tend to lose my cool easy if you couldn't already tell...have to remind myself it's just sports, just a messageboard, etc...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, seriously? That's pretty damn hilarious...

Also, you would know it wasn't me if there wasn't a swearing-filled tirade about the last series, or anything in general. I tend to lose my cool easy if you couldn't already tell...have to remind myself it's just sports, just a messageboard, etc...
    Yeah, it was pretty funny...I swear, I am on this board way too much...I can't even try to get a job without thinking of this place.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guarantee: The Ottawa Senators threw game 4 under order from the NHL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    Guarantee: The Ottawa Senators threw game 4 under order from the NHL.
    That is the most rediculous thing I have ever read.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is the most rediculous thing I have ever read.
    Yeah, I don't quite get that one...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, let me backpeddle but just a little bit. Ottawa looked like they spotted the Sabres the first goal - 10 seconds into the game. Then it was up to Ottawa to overcome that goal but couldn't especially since Buffalo scored two more. 10 seconds???????

The first Buffalo goal looked way too contrived to me!