Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Horry suspended games 5,6 - Stoudemire, Diaw game 5

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The game would be so much more interesting to watch if they suspended none of them, except maybe Horry. Stoudemire suspension is a joke and thats why I dont take the nba seriously anymore.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHAT A TOTAL JOKE.

If Diaw and Amare get suspensions, where's the suspension for Duncan? He left the bench area during the 2nd quarter.

Where's the suspension for Cheap Shot Bruce?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets
    Translation: I just watch sportscenter not the whole games.
    Yeah since Nash was that good with less talent around him. Kobe is the goat with the worse talent ever around him.
    could you stop hijacking threads with your nonsense already?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a HORRID decision, justified ONLY because it was enforced the same way back sometime in the 90's against the Knicks. It was a bad ruling THEN, and a worse ruling now. Being consistant ISN'T the issue here. It has to do with the punishment fitting the crime.

SA commits the crime, and Phoenix pays the price. SA loses a guy who plays at the most 20 minutes a night, and the Suns loses 2 starters including their best player. FOR what, stepping 2 feet beyond an arbitrary line. The NBA is going to win ZERO friends with this ruling.

If I were Phoenix I wouls send out my 11th and 12th players on the bench to legwhip David and Mano. Take them right out of the game...then let Sterns suspend them. So What.

I wrote this post partially to let the NBA know they lost a customer. Tell their sponsors that they will have at least one less fan watching their sad excuse for a playoffs. Its a shame, they just made a mockery of the BEST playoff series they are likely to have.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    has kobe raped anyone recently?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken
    This is a HORRID decision, justified ONLY because it was enforced the same way back sometime in the 90's against the Knicks. It was a bad ruling THEN, and a worse ruling now. Being consistant ISN'T the issue here. It has to do with the punishment fitting the crime.

SA commits the crime, and Phoenix pays the price. SA loses a guy who plays at the most 20 minutes a night, and the Suns loses 2 starters including their best player. FOR what, stepping 2 feet beyond an arbitrary line. The NBA is going to win ZERO friends with this ruling.

If I were Phoenix I wouls send out my 11th and 12th players on the bench to legwhip David and Mano. Take them right out of the game...then let Sterns suspend them. So What.

I wrote this post partially to let the NBA know they lost a customer. Tell their sponsors that they will have at least one less fan watching their sad excuse for a playoffs. Its a shame, they just made a mockery of the BEST playoff series they are likely to have.
    Bowen tried to kick a guy to injure... no foul... i stopped watching fauxball after kings/lakers... which inspired nader to write a letter to stern about baseketbal being fixed.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duncan can back it up. Nash can't. Nash fights like a girl. DId you see him trying to fight Kobe last year?
    Your just angry because the suns keep taking the lakers out!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone in the series deserves to get suspended its Cheap-Shot Bruce.

Kneeing a man in the nuts, taking another's legs out (which he's been known to do). Give me a break.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    From ESPN.Com. Could not have said it better

I love the NBA. I have my team but follow everything league wide. I have purchased League Pass. I have purchased playoff tickets. And I seriously do not know what to do. Last year the Finals were ruined by very, very suspicious calls. It left me totally bummed out and depressed. It left me wondering, 'why put this much time into watching if the end is so ... so ... questionable?' So you know what? I didn't buy League Pass this year ... and everything was fine. Then these suspensions will very probably ruin this year's playoffs. If Phoenix loses the next game and then loses the series. How, how can I take the NBA seriously? Bruce Bowen not suspended? Baron Davis, for god's sake,.. not suspended. Yet Amare and Diaw?!?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...ions-Post.html
    I don't know whether or not to take the NBA serious now. If the Suns do not win tonight, I seriously don't know if I can.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSFAN_viaAZ
    From ESPN.Com. Could not have said it better

I don't know whether or not to take the NBA serious now. If the Suns do not win tonight, I seriously don't know if I can.
    I'd like to feel sorry for you, I really would, but I can't. Not with what happened to the Knicks in 1996 against the Heat.

Ever since that terrible, tragic day when Stern came out with his bull**** punishments, I hoped and prayed EVERY team would have it happen at some point to them.

Try beating the old Heat teams without Ewing, Starks, Oakley, etc., which is what the Knicks dealt with.

Losing Stoudemire is tough for you guys, but the Suns still can win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    I'd like to feel sorry for you, I really would, but I can't. Not with what happened to the Knicks in 1996 against the Heat.

Ever since that terrible, tragic day when Stern came out with his bull**** punishments, I hoped and prayed EVERY team would have it happen at some point to them.

Try beating the old Heat teams without Ewing, Starks, Oakley, etc., which is what the Knicks dealt with.

Losing Stoudemire is tough for you guys, but the Suns still can win.
    Not the same situation, the Knick players faught, Amare and Diaw were not aggressive in anyway

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yisman
    Can you log off you computer and get laid already?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...Funny when someone has absolutely nothing to say for a comeback and reaches.

Ok, I'll just say what I know you're going to, I'm gay and need to get a life. Well said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yisman
    Kobe doesn't hijack threads. Threads hijack Kobe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give him one of your girls

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...Funny when someone has absolutely nothing to say for a comeback and reaches.

Ok, I'll just say what I know you're going to, I'm gay and need to get a life. Well said.
    Um I wasnt talkin to you son. Read the quote to who I was talkin to. Got Damn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Simmons take on the incident

He comes up with a lot of great points:

1. Let's say you're one of the best seven players on the Phoenix Suns. You love Nash -- he's your emotional leader, your meal ticket to the Finals, the ideal teammate and someone who makes you happy to play basketball every day for a living. He's killing himself to win a championship. His nose was split open in Game 1. His back bothers him to the point that he has to lie down on the sidelines during breaks. He's battling a real cheap-shot artist (Bruce Bowen) who's trying to shove and trip him on every play. But he keeps coming and coming, and eventually everyone follows suit. Just as things were falling apart in Game 4 and you were staring at the end of your season, he willed you back into the game and saved the day.

Suddenly, he gets body-checked into a press table for no real reason on an especially cheap play. You're standing 20 feet away. Instinctively, you run a few steps toward the guy who did it -- after all, your meal ticket is lying on the court in a crumpled heap -- before remembering that you can't leave your bench. So you go back and watch everything else unfold from there. Twenty-four hours later, you get suspended for Game 5 because your instincts as a teammate kicked in for 1.7 seconds.

Think about how dumb this is. What kind of league penalizes someone for reacting like a good teammate after his franchise player just got decked? Imagine you're playing pickup at a park, you're leading a game 10-3, your buddy is driving for the winning layup, and some stranger clotheslines your buddy from behind and knocks him into the metal pole. Do you react? Do you take a couple of steps toward him? I bet you do.
    2. One of the running debates of these playoffs: Is Bruce Bowen a cheap player? I love the fact that anyone's actually debating this -- if your answer is "no" or your answer is "I'm not sure," then you've obviously never played basketball in your life. Bruce Bowen is a cheap player. There's no debate. He's not some clumsy power forward who can't stay out of his own way (like Mark Madsen), or even some uncoordinated center who can't remember to keep his elbows near his body (like Shawn Bradley). He's a world-class athlete who has complete control over every inch of his body at all times.

Now here's where the NBA failed: For a league that professes to be concerned about dirty play and any situation that could lead to a brawl, the league has curiously looked the other way with the single dirtiest player in the league. If he pulled this crap on a pickup court, or even in college intramurals, somebody would have punched Bowen in the face and broken his jaw. In the NBA? He gets to keep doing his thing and putting other players in danger. In the Phoenix series alone, he tripped Stoudemire from behind on a dunk in Game 2, kneed Nash in the groin in Game 3 and tried to knock Nash off balance in Game 5 as they were running back upcourt (causing a frustrated Nash to elbow him in the chops). The league penalizes two Phoenix stars for instinctively running toward an injured teammate, but they don't penalize a perpetually dirty player who's eventually going to trigger an ugly brawl before the end of his career?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um I wasnt talkin to you son. Read the quote to who I was talkin to. Got Damn.
    Um, yeah I know. I was backing him up son.

Crap, am I going to get suspended for this?
    Last edited by JETSFAN_viaAZ; 05-17-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um, yeah I know. I was backing him up son.

Crap, am I going to get suspended for this?
    You fell into the trap of taking something kobe24colts says seriously..

My condolences for your recurring headaches that are sure to result ..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    You fell into the trap of taking something kobe24colts says seriously..

My condolences for your recurring headaches that are sure to result ..
    Yeah I know, that was my bad.

JetsFan_ViaAZ MAD! JetsFan_ViaAZ SMASH! JetsFan_ViaAZ GET REVENGE ON WORLD!