Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am not very political

All Pro

I am not very political

I am not very poitical......but i think Guilani is the man and want to know where other people esp New Yorkers think about this guy running for office..........If hillary wins I think you might see some major protesting......again JMO

there is very little chance that a pro choice, pro gay rights, bald, former mayor of new york becomes president. Sorry bud that's the way it goes. There are several pictures of Rudy in Drag as well.

maybe if he was running as an independant or a democrat but as a republican he probably won't even win the nomination. Look for some generic white man like Huckaby to win the nom and then get crushed by the democratic nominee since Bush ran his administration into the ground and whoever runs on the GOP ticket will share the blame on that.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti]there is very little chance that a pro choice, pro gay rights, bald, former mayor of new york becomes president. Sorry bud that's the way it goes. There are several pictures of Rudy in Drag as well.

maybe if he was running as an independant or a democrat but as a republican he probably won't even win the nomination. Look for some generic white man like Huckaby to win the nom and then get crushed by the democratic nominee since Bush ran his administration into the ground and whoever runs on the GOP ticket will share the blame on that.[/QUOTE]

The democratic congress isn't approved of either and hasn't folled through on anything yet. I think both parties are on even ground at this point. I do agree though that Guliani probably has a slim chance of winning the primaries but he is doing pretty well in the polls right now and has a national presence due to 9-11.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti]there is very little chance that a pro choice, pro gay rights, bald, former mayor of new york becomes president. Sorry bud that's the way it goes. There are several pictures of Rudy in Drag as well.

maybe if he was running as an independant or a democrat but as a republican he probably won't even win the nomination. Look for some generic white man like Huckaby to win the nom and then get crushed by the democratic nominee since Bush ran his administration into the ground and whoever runs on the GOP ticket will share the blame on that.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. He would win all of the red states (he is not a typical conservative, but do you think they will vote for a Hillary or Obama instead?), and he could very well win New York or other blue states because he is not a typical conservative. He could very well win by a landslide. Winning the GOP will be harder for him then President.

this won't play in the bible belt.

[IMG]http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/2006-11-15_Rudy_Drag.jpg[/IMG]

force people to choose between two choices they hate they won't vote. the democrats don't need any red states and rudy probably couldn't even carry NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti]this won't play in the bible belt.

[IMG]http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/2006-11-15_Rudy_Drag.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Not like he does that in his personal life. It was a joke.

[QUOTE=Trades]Not like he does that in his personal life. It was a joke.[/QUOTE]

yeah im sure the good church going people of the deep south will see it that way

also we haven't had a bald prez since Ike and he was a war hero. in other words we haven't had a bald prez since the tv age started. it's not a coincidence. a general election is not about the issues it's about who girls think is cute (clinton, reagan) or who guys want to have a beer with (Bush II)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti]yeah im sure the good church going people of the deep south will see it that way

also we haven't had a bald prez since Ike and he was a war hero. in other words we haven't had a bald prez since the tv age started. it's not a coincidence. a general election is not about the issues it's about who girls think is cute (clinton, reagan) or who guys want to have a beer with (Bush II)[/QUOTE]

Then we may as close this forum because none of it matters. Just start a who is coolest thread. Obviously some people care about the country and elect more on platform and issues than looks. Sounds like a jaded outlook to me.

[QUOTE=bitonti]yeah im sure the good church going people of the deep south will see it that way

also we haven't had a bald prez since Ike and he was a war hero. in other words we haven't had a bald prez since the tv age started. it's not a coincidence. a general election is not about the issues it's about who girls think is cute (clinton, reagan) or who guys want to have a beer with (Bush II)[/QUOTE]

Rudy has as much hair as LBJ.

And I'd have a beer with Clinton. You know he'd get chicks.

You are just DESPERATE to believe that Rudy has no shot Bit. It is quite entertaining to see. :D

I happen to agree with you, Rudy will not even win his party nomination, much less the President. But his baldness and his drag-for-jokes pics aren't the reason at all.

All Pro
    see all you are or seem to be very political.......wheras i am not...do you think him dressing in drag one time as joke makes me not like him now........hell if that was the case then my football team in high school would all be gay.......because as a prep talk one day we decided to play a joke on our coach's and we put on the cheerleaders outfits and they put on our football uniforms.......so does that mean i am less of a man becuase I did that one time.........

truth is all I care about is someone who loves the country.....and after seeing Giulani in action i believe he loves this country more than any other and he knows how to get the most out of people.....hillary just wants the fame of being the first woman and to snub her nose at bill.....and that barrack guy I have no clue what he thinks he is doing other than to split the people more.......

I just know like many other non-political people out thier that guilani can get the job done. So what do you say to guys like me that don't get swayed by all the instances you are talking about.....

I thinkn personally thier is more people in his corner than you think even if we are not very outspoken. again JMO

[QUOTE=dmaynard]Disagree. He would win all of the red states (he is not a typical conservative, but do you think they will vote for a Hillary or Obama instead?), and he could very well win New York or other blue states because he is not a typical conservative. He could very well win by a landslide. Winning the GOP will be harder for him then President.[/QUOTE]
    Agree 100%

[QUOTE=Breezy]Rudy has as much hair as LBJ.
    [/QUOTE]

LBJ was not elected, he assumed office after JFK was shot.

keep in mind i am not (nor have I at any point) expressed personal reasons or opinions about Rudy. Im just handicapping the field. the hair thing seems like a small deal but it isn't. the drag situation seems like a small deal but it isn't. the fact that he is pro choice and pro gay rights definately aren't good things if a person isn't trying to win the GOP nomination.

you can disagree with me all you want but keep in mind i am not expressing personal opinion i am framing this discussion with the goal of what will win a general election.

in many ways the race for presidency is a popularity contest. like it or not that's the way it goes.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade]see all you are or seem to be very political.......wheras i am not...do you think him dressing in drag one time as joke makes me not like him now........hell if that was the case then my football team in high school would all be gay.......because as a prep talk one day we decided to play a joke on our coach's and we put on the cheerleaders outfits and they put on our football uniforms.......so does that mean i am less of a man becuase I did that one time.........

[B]truth is all I care about is someone who loves the country.....and after seeing Giulani in action i believe he loves this country more than any other and he knows how to get the most out of people.....[/B]hillary just wants the fame of being the first woman and to snub her nose at bill.....and that barrack guy I have no clue what he thinks he is doing other than to split the people more.......

I just know like many other non-political people out thier that guilani can get the job done. So what do you say to guys like me that don't get swayed by all the instances you are talking about.....

I thinkn personally thier is more people in his corner than you think even if we are not very outspoken. again JMO[/QUOTE]

Thats not Guiliani, Ron Paul is the only candidate running for office that loves America and what America is at its roots. Guiliani is a socially liberal neoconservative meaning he believes in a world policing forgiegn policy and likes to spend A LOT of money this country does not have. If you watched him in the second debate he has never read the 911 commission report. He is a blind patriot, and that is not good for leading this country.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNvoaGfwZcc[/URL]

[QUOTE=bitonti]LBJ was not elected, he assumed office after JFK was shot.

keep in mind i am not (nor have I at any point) expressed personal reasons or opinions about Rudy. Im just handicapping the field. the hair thing seems like a small deal but it isn't. the drag situation seems like a small deal but it isn't. the fact that he is pro choice and pro gay rights definately aren't good things if a person isn't trying to win the GOP nomination.

you can disagree with me all you want but keep in mind i am not expressing personal opinion i am framing this discussion with the goal of what will win a general election.

in many ways the race for presidency is a popularity contest. like it or not that's the way it goes.[/QUOTE]

Kennedy wouldn't have been elected without LBJ on the ticket and LBJ when he ran as President did much better without Kennedy than Kennedy did with him. It was the biggest landslide in the country's history.

Hall Of Fame
    Rudy has as much chance as the Raiders have to win the Super Bowl this season...

maybe less actually now that I think about it

[QUOTE=bitonti]LBJ was not elected, he assumed office after JFK was shot.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thanks for that breaking news. :rolleyes:

LBJ was not elected??...........................
    Your phone is ringing. It's Barry Goldwater.
    He'd like a word with you.

[QUOTE=Breezy]Wow. Thanks for that breaking news. :rolleyes:

LBJ was not elected??...........................
    Your phone is ringing. It's Barry Goldwater.
    He'd like a word with you.[/QUOTE]

Defeating Goldwater didn't count for Bit, wasn't Goldwater bald?

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]Defeating Goldwater didn't count for Bit, wasn't Goldwater bald?[/QUOTE]

No..Goldwater was a silver haired fox.

That's where he hid those H-Bombs that would have blown up the Daisy Girl.

[QUOTE=Breezy]No..Goldwater was a silver haired fox.

That's where he hid those H-Bombs that would have blown up the Daisy Girl.[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://ap.grolier.com/images/cache/138/atbp1563.jpg[/IMG]

I agree he was pretty Silver haired but that looks like a pretty big fore head to me. :)