Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Jimmy Carter almost calls Blair Bush's Poodle.

Veteran

OT Jimmy Carter almost calls Blair Bush's Poodle.

[url]http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/news_theswamp/2007/05/jimmy_carter_cl.html[/url]

What the hell is wrong with Jimmy C. Blair is the guy that stuck by us through thick and thin. Bush might be a shmuck , but I admire Tony B's guts and leadership. He has more balls than Carter(Iran hostage crisis).
    Last edited by LSJF; 05-19-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Veteran
    Some responses from others

Roman B, Carter is this nation's worst president ever. Sky-high unemployment, sky-high interest rates (double digits and approaching 20 percent compared to today's 5-6 percent); sky-high inflation (again, double digits); misery index (first time it ever applied to the U.S.); military weak and in shambles; and of course dozens of U.S. hostages held for more than a year while this dimwit did nothing but try diplomacy (and yeah, the most embarrassing military attempt in U.S. history).

Carter has been an embarrassment as an ex-president too: Coddles dictators like CHavez and Little Kimmie in North Korea, his brother was an emissary for Khadafy in late 1970s, early 1980s.

And this is just another embarrassment by Carter, nearly calling Blair "a poodle."

Posted by: John D | May 19, 2007 10:30:49 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jimmy carter THE worst president of all time. The only good thing is that he is EX president carter. Now he is vying for the worst ex president status. The audacity of an abject failure that presided over the worst economy and inflation in my memory, kissing the Ayatollah's ring as he took over and imposed Sharia over Iran, wringing his hands as our hostages were taken, declaring that North Korea and the problem were over as we "have peace in our time", boycotting the Olympics over human rights when he coddles North Korean, Cuban, and Iranian dictators,letting the CIA and all intelligence gathering entities deteriaorate is breathtaking. I am ashamed I ever voted for the stiff. Now the hypocrite wants to boost himself up by putting down other people. Yea Carter is a born again something however it isn't Christian

Posted by: Brian | May 19, 2007 11:08:03 AM

[QUOTE=LSJF]Some responses from others

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jimmy carter THE worst president of all time.

Posted by: Brian | May 19, 2007 11:08:03 AM[/QUOTE]

Bush is the worst President of all time, though Carter was not good himself.

[QUOTE=johnnysd]Bush is the worst President of all time, though Carter was not good himself.[/QUOTE]
    Cheney is worse

[QUOTE=wellingtonfljet73]Cheney is worse[/QUOTE]

So True!!!! And so wrong, sad and disgusting!!

Hall Of Fame
    I don't want to get this moved to the Political Forum, but chastizing Carter for not having the "balls" to solve the Iran Hostage Crisis is the single dumbest thing I've ever read on this board, and that's saying a ton.

I'm not a fan of him as a president either but Jesus that's a dumb thing to say.

He is getting old, i'm sure he will be croaking soon.....then we can all say goodbye to peanut boy, what a d*ck he is.

Hall Of Fame
    Carter is more than than just the worst President ever. Since his horrible administration, he has been the biggest a$$ clown ever as an ex-president.

[QUOTE=dmaynard]Carter is more than than just the worst President ever. Since his horrible administration, he has been the biggest a$$ clown ever as an ex-president.[/QUOTE]

He will be far surpassed come January 09 on Both accounts when a village in Texas gets their idiot back.

There are two bigger Idiots and both are Democrats!

That's laughable coming from that incompetent fuq.

Jimmah Libtard Carter is the reason for the Islamic fascism we see today.

He could have wiped it out in the late 70's, before it ever got a stronghold, but the typical liberal pu$$y cowered in the Oval Office under his desk in a fetal position sucking his thumb instead of confronting the Mullahs.

Jimmah Carter is a fuqing joke.....

Say what you want about Carter's presidency: He was dealt a tough hand with oil shortages that he had nothing to do with wrecking the economy.

That said, he is *by far* the best and most-productive ex-president ever. No one has done more --or even half as much-- to combat poverty, disease and to work for peace around the world.

If you compare his contemporaries like LBJ, Ford, Nixon, Reagan and Bush I, none of them accomplished --or even tried to accomplish-- a fraction of what Carter has done around the world.

He may be a good person, but he was a lousy president. Bush was dealt a lousy hand to 9/11, oil proces going thru the roof, hurricanes but the economy is still growing. He could have done better that is for sure.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]He may be a good person, but he was a lousy president. Bush was dealt a lousy hand to 9/11, oil proces going thru the roof, hurricanes but the economy is still growing. He could have done better that is for sure.[/QUOTE]

Bush's biggest downfall w/o a doubt was his decision to invade Iraq. Not only was the decision to invade itself incredibly stupid, he conducted the war with incredible incompetence. His incompetance stems from his arrogance and stubborness and refusal to listen to ideas that go against his own. Another of his downfalls is his holding loyalty to a higher standard than competence. All this coupled with an incredibly secretive presidency with borderline illegal acts (ie illegal domestic wiretaps) has made his presidency one of the worst in history.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Funny thing....the peanut farmer has also ridiculed GWB for his enviromental policies and furthering global warming, from what I caught on the news...

yet it was during the peanut farmer's administration where the building of all nuclear facilities came to a grining halt after he capitulated (the theme of his presidency) to the lunatic enviromentalists who claimed nuclear energy was unsafe...the same lunatics who are now claiming we need alternative fuels (aka nuclear energy) to get away from fossil fuels!!! :shakehead

[QUOTE=dmaynard]Carter is more than than just the worst President ever. Since his horrible administration, he has been the biggest a$$ clown ever as an ex-president.[/QUOTE]

so where does that leave Bush? His approval rating is equal or worse to Carter's during the Iran hostage crisis.

ya know at least Carter created the Clean Air Act. What has Bush contributed to the nation and it's future? Time will tell.

[QUOTE=bitonti]s What has Bush contributed to the nation and it's future? Time will tell.[/QUOTE]

I believe he's killing terrorists every day.

Something no Democrat has the balls to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]...after he capitulated (the theme of his presidency) ....[/QUOTE]

nice to see the peanut farmer is a consistent pu$$y who capitulates at the drop of a hat........

[QUOTE][B]Jimmy Carter To Bush: Never Mind
    Former President Calls Remarks Against Bush Administration "Careless"[/B]

(CBS/AP) Former President Jimmy Carter said Monday his remarks were "careless or misinterpreted" when he said the Bush administration has been the "worst in history" for its impact around the world.

Speaking on NBC's "Today," Mr. Carter appeared to retreat from a statement he made to Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in which he said: "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history." The comment was in a story published in the newspaper Saturday.

Mr. Carter said Monday that when he made the comment, he was responding to a question comparing the Bush administration's foreign policy to that of Richard Nixon.

"I think this administration's foreign policy compared to president Nixon's was much worse," Mr. Carter said. But he said he did not mean to call it the worst in history.

"No, that's not what I wanted to say. I wasn't comparing this administration with other administrations back through history but just with President Nixon."

The White House on Sunday dismissed Mr. Carter as "increasingly irrelevant" after his harsh criticism. In response, Carter said: "Well, I don't claim to have any relevancy. I have a completely unofficial capacity. The only thing I lead is the Carter Center."

After the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette story appeared, Carter spokeswoman Deanna Congileo had confirmed his comments to The Associated Press.

"The overt reversal of America's basic values as expressed by previous administrations, including those of George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon and others, has been the most disturbing to me," the newspaper quoted Carter as saying.

In his comments Monday, Mr. Carter said he has not been timid about sharing his opinions directly with the president and other world leaders, but said he has been careful not to level personal criticism against Mr. Bush.

In the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette interview Mr. Carter came down hard on the Iraq war.

"We now have endorsed the concept of pre-emptive war where we go to war with another nation militarily, even though our own security is not directly threatened, if we want to change the regime there or if we fear that some time in the future our security might be endangered," he said. "But that's been a radical departure from all previous administration policies."

Mr. Carter, who won a Nobel Peace Prize in 2002, criticized Mr. Bush for having "zero peace talks" in Israel. Mr. Carter also said the administration "abandoned or directly refuted" every negotiated nuclear arms agreement, as well as environmental efforts by other presidents.

Mr. Carter also offered a harsh assessment for the White House's Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, which helped religious charities receive $2.15 billion in federal grants in fiscal year 2005 alone.

"The policy from the White House has been to allocate funds to religious institutions, even those that channel those funds exclusively to their own particular group of believers in a particular religion," Mr. Carter said. "As a traditional Baptist, I've always believed in separation of church and state and honored that premise when I was president, and so have all other presidents, I might say, except this one."

MMVII, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.[/QUOTE]

funny...but after he accused Israel of aparthied and was taken to task for it his comments were, "I didn't mean it....I didn't mean it!"

then again what do you expect from an anti-semite like carter whose defended nazi's against deportation frm this country???

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]I believe he's killing terrorists every day.

Something no Democrat has the balls to do.[/QUOTE]

if you kill one terrorist and create two what is the net result?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]if you kill one terrorist and create two what is the net result?[/QUOTE]

as opposed to not doing a damn thing about them, then watching them multiply by 100 every time they successfully hit a US target without fear of retribution???

time to relearn math......