Thread: OT: The Difference Between LeBron and Michael Jordan is ...

All Pro

OT: The Difference Between LeBron and Michael Jordan is ...

Last week, after the Cavs lost game number 5 at home to the Nets in the series that the Cavs have since won, I saw part of LeBron's press conference. He made a bunch of statements about how he wasn't that concerned because it was "just a basketball game" and how he "has a family at home" and that was more important.

After too many years of watching the Knicks lose to the Bulls in the playoffs each year, I thought to myself that Michael Jordan never would have made those kinds of statements. Jordan had a single-minded will to win that I have never seen in another player. You could see it in his eyes as he took over yet another big game in the fourth quarter. So besides the differences in their actual games, I suspect that LeBron will never be the player MJ was as it appears that fire simply is not there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan
    Last week, after the Cavs lost game number 5 at home to the Nets in the series that the Cavs have since won, I saw part of LeBron's press conference. He made a bunch of statements about how he wasn't that concerned because it was "just a basketball game" and how he "has a family at home" and that was more important.

After too many years of watching the Knicks lose to the Bulls in the playoffs each year, I thought to myself that Michael Jordan never would have made those kinds of statements. Jordan had a single-minded will to win that I have never seen in another player. You could see it in his eyes as he took over yet another big game in the fourth quarter. So besides the differences in their actual games, I suspect that LeBron will never be the player MJ was as it appears that fire simply is not there.
    Even though Jordan had great passion, in the grand scheme of things LeBron is right, it is just a game.

Jets Insider VIP
    The difference between LeBron and MJ is very simple.

Michael Jordan = 6 NBA Championships

LeBron James = 0 NBA Championships

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    The difference between LeBron and MJ is very simple.

Michael Jordan = 6 NBA Championships

LeBron James = 0 NBA Championships
    it also took jordan 6 years to win his first championship.

lebron is in his fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80
    it also took jordan 6 years to win his first championship.

lebron is in his fourth.
    Jordan was also 28 when he won his first championship. Lebron is only 22.

Veteran
    MJ>Lebron just accept it. Kobe>lebron just accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets
    MJ>Lebron just accept it. Kobe>lebron just accept it.
    MJ>Kobe just accept it.

Lebron mailed it in at times during the Nets series

Veteran
    HAHA. Lebron chokes again he cant even man up and take game winner.

HAHA. Lebron chokes again he cant even man up and take game winner.
    Is cause the pistons are too good.

All League
    i definitely aint a kobe fan, but kobe takes that shot. you need to be a ball hog in some spots, and that is one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    i definitely aint a kobe fan, but kobe takes that shot. you need to be a ball hog in some spots, and that is one of them
    it was a good play. he hits the shot, everyone talks about how great of a passer he is.

two words for you. john. paxson.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    it was a good play. he hits the shot, everyone talks about how great of a passer he is.

two words for you. john. paxson.
    no he is the star he takes the last shot. he doesn't want the pressure.

no he is the star he takes the last shot. he doesn't want the pressure.
    john. paxson.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    john. paxson.
    thats alot different.

thats alot different.
    How?

thats alot different.
    john. paxson.

I think its too early to make assumptions about his passion for the game, but I think he shows a problem with alot of the NBA players. There just isnt that sense of rivalry there used to be. Obviously that wasnt the case between San Antonio and Phoenix(the Spurs are the one true throwback teams in the NBA) but as a whole between free agency, agents, and the union there seems to be a much friendlier atmosphere in games and much less of a competitive nature. I dont need to see Vince Carter hug every single player, coach, trainer, etc... involved with the opposing team before every playoff game but that seems to be the case with too many NBA players these days.

As for Lebron its going to be hard to measure up to Jordan. Jordan was a once in a lifetime player. Ive already seen James just absolutely taken out of games by the Nets. You could never do that to Jordan at any age. Right now Kobe is the closest thing in the NBA to Jordan, but even he isnt there and probably never will be.