Thread: Yet More Hypocrisy From A Liberal

Yet More Hypocrisy From A Liberal

[url]http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_5937218[/url]

[quote]State senator rear-ends Vallejo woman while talking on cell phone
    Medianews Group report
    Article Launched: 05/19/2007 08:46:15 AM PDT

A Vallejo woman reportedly suffered minor injuries Friday when her car was rear-ended by an SUV driven by a state senator talking on a cell phone while driving through Solano County.

State Sen. Carole Migden, D-San Francisco, was driving her new state-issued 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV at 10:40 a.m. on eastbound Highway 12 at Beck Avenue when she rear-ended Ellen Butawan, 31, of Vallejo, California Highway Patrol Officer Marvin Williford said.

Butawan's 2005 Honda sedan was slowing behind a 2003 GMC Savana van that had stopped at a red light, Williford said. The impact forced Butawan's car into the rear of the van, driven by Bob Jordan, 57, of Turlock.

Butawan complained of pain after the three-vehicle smashup and went to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield after the crash as a precautionary measure, Williford said.

Migden, 58, accepted blame Friday for the accident.

The collision remains under investigation, but it appears Migden took the wrong exit, inadvertently going on the eastbound I-80 connector onto eastbound Highway 12, Williford said. She was looking for a way to get back onto the freeway when she crashed into Butawan's vehicle, he said.

Migden's sobriety was verified by officers using a hand-held

breath-testing unit, even though there was nothing to indicate she had been drinking, Williford said.

"It was just a precaution," he said.

Her SUV, which she recently swapped for her taxpayer-funded 2005 Cadillac STS, sustained a dented front grill that kept the hood from closing properly. It was towed to the Fairfield CHP office, where officers used a coat hanger and duct-tape to secure it, before Migden drove it away to a meeting in Marin County.

[b]Migden last year voted for a new law that takes effect in July 2008 that will impose a minimum fine of $20 for anyone caught using a cell phone while driving without a headset, ear bud or other technology that frees both hands.[/b][/quote]

This from the do as I say not as I do, laws are for little people set.....

the law is not in effect, hence she didn't break it.

what's your problem?

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan][url]http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_5937218[/url]

This from the do as I say not as I do, laws are for little people set.....[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that only liberals were in favor of hands-free laws.

A woman driver on a cell phone, is anyone really surprised?

:D

[QUOTE=bitonti]the law is not in effect, hence she didn't break it.

what's your problem?[/QUOTE]

No, but she voted for it, last year.

Once again another thread that should be titled grasping for straws.

DeanPats continues to show why he is not worth responding to.

[QUOTE=pauliec]A woman driver on a cell phone, is anyone really surprised?

:D[/QUOTE

Pauliec- Everytime you say stuff like this it cracks me up. You remind me of all those Italian guys I grew up with in my family. "If she was in the house makin' Pasta Fajoli everything would have been all right". Women drivers! :D
    Last edited by chicadeel; 05-21-2007 at 07:03 PM.

All League
    Hey DeanPatsFan....

Even I as a conservative hate it when people post with the singular purpose of ridicule. It makes you look stupid and certainly does not lead to reasonable discourse over politics. Any moron can call people names and sit and toss stones all day, but it serves no purpose.

If you want to post crap like this (why you would want to when there is much more important crap to discuss), why not post it with it's original title and then discuss how you are mad that the people that pass the laws always seem to put themselves above them?

More might listen.

[QUOTE=Greenwave81]Hey DeanPatsFan....

Even I as a conservative hate it when people post with the singular purpose of ridicule. It makes you look stupid and certainly does not lead to reasonable discourse over politics. Any moron can call people names and sit and toss stones all day, but it serves no purpose.

If you want to post crap like this (why you would want to when there is much more important crap to discuss), why not post it with it's original title and then discuss how you are mad that the people that pass the laws always seem to put themselves above them?

More might listen.[/QUOTE]

Pointing out the hypocrisy of these people that liberals vote in to office serves no purpose?

These people who are constantly sponsoring laws for the rest of us to abide by but have no intention of abiding by these laws themselves?

You have the Democratic Gov. of New Jersey BREAKING the law that he wants enforced, then apologizing for breaking the laws and seeing the error of his ways, drives home from the hospital at 75 mph?

You have Al Gore and his carbon footprint bullsh*t using more electricity and natural gas in one month than the average American uses in a year, all while flying all over the globe in a private jet?

You have John Fonda Kerry and Teddy Kennedy (The Bay State Swimmer) constantly calling for alternative forms of energy yet DON'T want windmills built in their backyards?

You might think it's stupid to point out the hypocrisy of these azzholes in office who want to legislate laws for the rest of us but not themselves, but I don't.

All League
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]Pointing out the hypocrisy of these people that liberals vote in to office serves no purpose?

These people who are constantly sponsoring laws for the rest of us to abide by but have no intention of abiding by these laws themselves?

You have the Democratic Gov. of New Jersey BREAKING the law that he wants enforced, then apologizing for breaking the laws and seeing the error of his ways, drives home from the hospital at 75 mph?

You have Al Gore and his carbon footprint bullsh*t using more electricity and natural gas in one month than the average American uses in a year, all while flying all over the globe in a private jet?

You have John Fonda Kerry and Teddy Kennedy (The Bay State Swimmer) constantly calling for alternative forms of energy yet DON'T want windmills built in their backyards?

You might think it's stupid to point out the hypocrisy of these azzholes in office who want to legislate laws for the rest of us but not themselves, but I don't.[/QUOTE]

Now, in this reply you just made, you make many valid points that would prompt some discussion (I happen to believe as you do too).

I was criticizing HOW you went about it, not what you said. Basically you made up a title, posted an article that while it might emphasize your point is kind of 'weak' (using a cell phone while driving versus what Kennedy did?), and then made a single line statement bashing liberals (not that they don't deserve it)...all that does is immediately turn people off and refuse to discuss the topic, leading to more name-calling.

even though she voted for the law the fact remains it is not in effect yet. This is a non-story.

[QUOTE=chicadeel][QUOTE=pauliec]A woman driver on a cell phone, is anyone really surprised?

:D[/QUOTE

Pauliec- Everytime you say stuff like this it cracks me up. You remind me of all those Italian guys I grew up with in my family. "If she was in the house makin' Pasta Fajoli everything would have been all right". Women drivers! :D[/QUOTE]

Ooooh I love a good pasta fagioli... how's your recipe?

;) :D

Hall Of Fame
    Hands free cell phone laws are retarded. With the law your are still allowed to dial and talk on the phone while driving. The only thing the hands free thing does is stop people from driving with one hand. Am I gonna get pulled over if I smoke with one hand and drive with the other? What if I eat a hamburger and drive? The problem isn't people driving with one hand...its people who aren't qualified to drive in the first place doing so while distracted by a phone call...

[QUOTE=pauliec][QUOTE=chicadeel]

Ooooh I love a good pasta fagioli... how's your recipe?

;) :D[/QUOTE]

Just remember, it takes a great tomato to make a good gravy. ;)

[QUOTE=chicadeel][QUOTE=pauliec]

Just remember, it takes a great tomato to make a good gravy. ;)[/QUOTE]

:D excellent.