Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: "The Mets Own This Town"

Banned

OT: "The Mets Own This Town"

"The tower atop the Empire State Building will glow blue and orange for a few hours this evening. The Mets earned that honor by winning the first two games of their series against the Yankees."

Anybody see it? They just showed it on the local news, I wasn't aware of this...

Banned
    The series is over. Time to post these in the MLB forum.

Veteran
    they got lucky on friday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    The series is over. Time to post these in the MLB forum.
    It's not about the series, it's about an event that happened tonight.

Someone sounds upset about the series though

All Pro
    Who cares, own the league then come back to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    It's not about the series, it's about an event that happened tonight.

Someone sounds upset about the series though
    It ended on a high note. Yankees are hitting well and it showed again tonight.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    "The tower atop the Empire State Building will glow blue and orange for a few hours this evening. The Mets earned that honor by winning the first two games of their series against the Yankees."

Anybody see it? They just showed it on the local news, I wasn't aware of this...
    they had the north and south sides blue and white for the yanks and east and west sides lit up orange and blue friday and the winner of the series team colors were gonna be lit up on the whole top of the buildin tonight...anybody have pictures

All Pro
    It ended on a high note. Yankees are hitting well and it showed again tonight.
    the Mets did seem to wake their offense up

Veteran
    How you own the city when you havent done nothing since the 80' s.............yeah yeah i know the come back is the Yanks havent won since 2000, but you do the math. Mets will always be runner- up until they when a title in 2000's.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets
    they got lucky on friday.
    Gilbert arenas>>>>>Kobe just accept it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    Thats a low blow....Your ban for rest of week LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Who cares about "owning the city"? Really, big deal, All I care about is first place, making the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs, you do that then you'll own the city, not by winning 2/3 May games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Who cares about "owning the city"? Really, big deal, All I care about is first place, making the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs, you do that then you'll own the city, not by winning 2/3 May games.
    Well spoken , by a Met fan who gets it..

Banned
    I agree, but that's how they led in and captioned the pic of the blue & orange tower--"the Mets own this town."

Banned

All Pro
    I am the biggest opponent to interleague play, I dont think it should be on the schedule, I think its a waist of time and it is very unfair to teams.

Buttttt...Yankee/Met games are fun and are more energetic than a normal May game...I go to about 30 games a year and there arent any regular season games that have the energy and hype that the Met Yank game has.

I dont consider the Yanks a rival at all and beating the Braves is alot more important to me but it is a fun weekend of **** talkin between friends and what not...

I kinda like the empire state thing...I like how the whole city gets involved in the Drama...even if it really doesnt mean a thing

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    TOO much weed for you tonight?

Banned

^Only Yankees vs Mets games that meant anything!

Veteran
    i really cheered for the mets all those losing years and now that the mets are a good team most met fans i know turned arrogant, and seemed obsessed about "owning this town".

the mets are better team than the yankees right now but i really cant stand most their fans anymore. mets will always be second class to the yankees

All Pro

^Only Yankees vs Mets games that meant anything!
    funny like ive been saying the baseball forum how yankee fans and Pats fans have the same line of thinking when it comes to the inferior team catching up(jets) and passing(mets) them