View Poll Results: Will the Yanks Win the AL EAST?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 41.18%
  • No

20 58.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Will The Yanks catch the Sox and win the AL EAST?

OT: Will The Yanks catch the Sox and win the AL EAST?

yes or no?

Hall Of Fame
    They ALWAYS do, so why should this year be any different?

Veteran
    I hope so, it's still May the Yankees will be playing plenty of crappy teams this whole summer, hopefully we turn this 2 game win streak into a nice run to 10 games over .500.

Hall Of Fame
    ill play along...who are they catching? red sox? tigers? white sox? the yankees dont have the pitching to win like they have to in order to catch those guys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    ill play along...who are they catching? red sox? tigers? white sox? the yankees dont have the pitching to win like they have to in order to catch those guys.
    I think the big misconception about the Yankees is there lack of pitching. They don't lack pitching. They lacked healthy pitching. Right now there 1-2-3 is finally healthy (knock on wood) With the return of Clemens, Hughes I just can't understand why people think they don't have pitching. This is all without mentioning Clippard.

In 2 weeks, baring no more injuries (knock on wood) you will see the rotation set as.

Wang
    Pettitte
    Clemens
    Mussina
    Hughes (If Clippard continues to pitch well the Yankees wont rush Hughes back)

and Clippard, DeSalvo, Wright to fill in barring an injury (knock on wood) I'm not sure when Karstens comes off the DL, I still like him.

The Yankees need to start hitting. April they couldn't pitch because of injuries. May they couldn't hit for God knows why. It is time to get both of them going. The last 2 days, they have.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-22-2007 at 05:29 PM.

Veteran
    Come on....It's the Yankees

Hall Of Fame
    I'll say no for now, but I wouldn't put money against it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I think the big misconception about the Yankees is there lack of pitching. They don't lack pitching. They lack healthy pitching. Right now there 1-2-3 is finally healthy (Knock on wood) With the return of Clemens along with Hughes I can't understand why people think they don't have pitching. This is all without mentioning Clippard.
    Even though I still think he needs more time to develop, we have another young arm in Matt DeSalvo.

Once the rotation fully comes together, every starter should be capable of giving 6-7 quality innings each time out.

Yanks will catch the Red Sox some time in July.

Veteran
    My guess is that this poll, if given again in 2 days, would be completely different.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesQB718
    Even though I still think he needs more time to develop, we have another young arm in Matt DeSalvo.

Once the rotation fully comes together, every starter should be capable of giving 6-7 quality innings each time out.

Yanks will catch the Red Sox some time in July.
    DeSalvo doesn't have as good stuff as other Yankee prospects. He scares me on the mound. Maybe I'll be wrong, I was with Wang. Anyways, Hughes and Clippard are legit prospects with high ceilings.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-22-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesQB718
    My guess is that this poll, if given again in 2 days, would be completely different.
    Good call!

but you gotta believe

Hall Of Fame
    Doubt it.

I think the Yanks will finish up with 92-95 wins, I don't know if that is good enough for the WC though, Cleveland or Detroit is going to have to cool off.

Nope.

Banned
    Not with Mussina on the mound consistently only throwing 85-88 mph on the radar gun. If that is all he can do, I'd rather see a kid sent up.

Yankees proceed to take another step back. Yankees wasted opportunity's to score run.s
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-22-2007 at 10:35 PM.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

I don't see the Saux flopping again like last year, although the Yanks will play better and a Wild Card is within reach.

All Pro
    Yes I think they will catch the sux. Once the pitching is healthy, that will be plenty to win and the offense will definitely come around. I think the sux will start to slump a little bit because they don't have a very strong offense anymore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88
    Yes I think they will catch the sux. Once the pitching is healthy, that will be plenty to win and the offense will definitely come around. I think the sux will start to slump a little bit because they don't have a very strong offense anymore.
    I don't know if you noticed, but we don't have a very strong offense anymore. I'm really afraid this team doesn't have the players to come back late in games like we always had in years past.

If the Sox rotation stays healthy, that's going to be tough. I do think the Sox will fall off a bit though as their pitching won't be as good as it has been - both their starters and their pen.

Fact is, starting around June 15th, I fully expect the Yankees to have the best pitching in baseball with Wang, Pettitte, Clemens, Moose, and Hughes (and I think Hughes will be the best pitcher of that group). The hitting will start (already has to an extent).

Do I think it'll be enough to catch the Sox? Not so sure. I think it's going to be a very close race to get in the playoffs and we will sneak our way in, somehow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    If the Sox rotation stays healthy, that's going to be tough. I do think the Sox will fall off a bit though as their pitching won't be as good as it has been - both their starters and their pen.

Fact is, starting around June 15th, I fully expect the Yankees to have the best pitching in baseball with Wang, Pettitte, Clemens, Moose, and Hughes (and I think Hughes will be the best pitcher of that group). The hitting will start (already has to an extent).

Do I think it'll be enough to catch the Sox? Not so sure. I think it's going to be a very close race to get in the playoffs and we will sneak our way in, somehow.
    I am not a fan of Mussina right now and our hitting is being inconsistent and not coming through in big spots.

All League
    No they will not.

They will have to win the wild card. It will be tuff.

Tomorrow, is a huge game. A must win (what else is new)!