Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT NBA Lottery #1 Por #2 Sea

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Kind of like the last 37 years for the Jets.

Pretty pathetic.
    Ah, there you are.

So let me ask you, are you sticking with the Celtics? Or did you pick up the more convenient Spurs, as they're the current dynasty in this sport (NBA)

Hall Of Fame
    Kind of like the last 37 years for the Jets.

Pretty pathetic.
    LAWLROTFLMAO

Let's move on.

Where'd you go, old timer?

This is your chance to prove you actually are loyal, and are a Celtics fan.

Or has the fact that they're the WORST team in the NBA and destined to continue to be **** made you SpursFanMA on Dallas Mavericks' messageboards???

I couldn't be happier. The Knicks would have picked 9th, which is no big deal since we are only moving back to 23. If Curry continues to develop, that's going to look like a good trade (especially if the Knicks can draft Derrik Byars with that 23rd pick).

And then, just to put a cherry on top to my biggest fear (Knicks getting the 1st or 2nd pick), the Celtics, who obviously tried to lose, don't only miss one of the first 2 picks, but they fall to 5th. It was great.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    Where'd you go, old timer?

This is your chance to prove you actually are loyal, and are a Celtics fan.

Or has the fact that they're the WORST team in the NBA and destined to continue to be **** made you SpursFanMA on Dallas Mavericks' messageboards???
    NBA basketball blows.

I don't follow any team.

Curry for Aldridge, Mike Conley and Mike Sweetney...

NBA basketball blows.

I don't follow any team.
    So even as a long-time, 30+ years or whatever it is fan you are of the NE Patriots, you don't even have a little part of you that pulls for the Celtics? All those NE home games you had season tickets for, you or your kids never wore any Celtics stuff or had any care for them?

I find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    I still dont get how anyone, other than Isiah Thomas, even tries to make excuses that this was a good deal. Everyone knew it when the deal was made. Curry just inst any good and they gave away what would have been either Aldridge or more likely Tyrus Thomas as well as what this year could be anyone from Roy Hibbert to Mike Conley to Al Thornton. Not to mention they gave up their 2nd rounder this year in what is a deeper draft where they could have plucked a decent PG or forward.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstrange
    I am happy because the knicks did not get one of the top three and the celtics landed as low as possible.
    i agree. it's awesome. Celtics weren't as bad of a team as the #2 worst record showed. Durant, and especially Oden could have put them into the playoffs in the East.

All League
    I don't know how bad of a deal it was. People forget that he is only 24 years old. He can still develop. Sweetney, who cares about him. Aldridge/Tyrus Thomas? How good are they really? And the 9th pick? Who knows how good they will actually be.

When it's all said and done, we could be talking about Eddy Curry for three guys that no one will be able to name in 15 years.

You still can't judge how the deal is, until we actually see how good Tyrus Thomas/Aldridge, two players the Knicks undoubtedly would have picked between, and whoever the #9 guy turns out to be. Maybe the Knicks would have taken that Chinese guy, and he ends up awful?

Quote Originally Posted by rep
    I don't know how bad of a deal it was. People forget that he is only 24 years old. He can still develop. Sweetney, who cares about him. Aldridge/Tyrus Thomas? How good are they really? And the 9th pick? Who knows how good they will actually be.

When it's all said and done, we could be talking about Eddy Curry for three guys that no one will be able to name in 15 years.

You still can't judge how the deal is, until we actually see how good Tyrus Thomas/Aldridge, two players the Knicks undoubtedly would have picked between, and whoever the #9 guy turns out to be. Maybe the Knicks would have taken that Chinese guy, and he ends up awful?
    But you already know Curry is awful. The team knew it when they traded for him. Hes in bad shape and hes lazy. What teams trade away good players with his size for unknown draft choices? The NBA is all about potential and Curry already reached his ceiling- good offensive rebounder with a nice little post game---in Chicago. You never trade away lottery picks for a player like that. Mid first rounders ok, but multiple lottery picks is insanity.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    But you already know Curry is awful. The team knew it when they traded for him. Hes in bad shape and hes lazy. What teams trade away good players with his size for unknown draft choices? The NBA is all about potential and Curry already reached his ceiling- good offensive rebounder with a nice little post game---in Chicago. You never trade away lottery picks for a player like that. Mid first rounders ok, but multiple lottery picks is insanity.
    He's 24. They gave up Mike Sweeey, Tyrus Thomas/Lamarcus Aldridge, and whoever the 9th pick is this year, which will probably be a bust, as most players at his position are. You don't know what Eddy Curry will develop into. When the Knicks use him effectively, he can dominate. He has shown this. The kid is 24 years old. People think of him as this 30 year old guy that won't improve.

Knowing what I know today. How crappy Sweetney is. And how ineffective Tyrus Thomas is, and the 9th pick, I'd make the trade again.

All Pro
    The faces of Ainge/Rivers at the lottery and at the press conference after were priceless.

He's 24. They gave up Mike Sweeey, Tyrus Thomas/Lamarcus Aldridge, and whoever the 9th pick is this year, which will probably be a bust, as most players at his position are. You don't know what Eddy Curry will develop into. When the Knicks use him effectively, he can dominate. He has shown this. The kid is 24 years old. People think of him as this 30 year old guy that won't improve.

Knowing what I know today. How crappy Sweetney is. And how ineffective Tyrus Thomas is, and the 9th pick, I'd make the trade again.
    You are crazy. You say that Curry is still young and has the potential to get better but are already writing off Ty Thomas. Thats rediculous. I would take the potential of the athletic 20 year old over the fat lazy 24 year old any time. And the fact you thnk the 9th pick will "probably be a bust" is just stupid.

In todays NBA a player that is 24 is probably at the peak of his progression as a basketball player. Hes been in the league for 6 seasons now and shown very little advancement his last few years. And how can you call Tyrus Thomas ineffective and a bust when in the same post you say you dont know what Curry is yet because he is young. FYI, their rookie seasons statistically are comparable.

A few 9th picks in the draft: Tracy McGrady, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, Andre Iguodola, and Amare Stoudamire. Thats 5 of the last 10 that have all turned out pretty good and all of whom are better than anyone on the Knicks roster right now.