Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Rudy gets what he deserves...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy gets what he deserves...

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18846870/[/url]

A reading assignment and some education re: 9/11

Dr. Paul for President!

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius][url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18846870/[/url]

A reading assignment and some education re: 9/11

Dr. Paul for President![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Paul said it was irresponsible of Giuliani and other leaders to not examine the motivations of al Qaeda and other radical Islamic groups.[/QUOTE]

Rule # 1 of war is to know your enemies

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i like this paul guy!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if it is true that alQueda is against us only because we have troops in "their territory" don't you have to ask why they are upset? First they were upset that we have a presence in Saudi Arabia, then they cry that we don't hate Israel then they complain about Iraq but their true war cry is that all infidels must die. Anyone that isn't Muslim and their type of Muslim no less. You act as though if we pulled out of Iraq alQueda would close up shop and build a peaceful country.

What exactly do you think they would be doing if we leave? They will be terrorizing everyone that doesn't think women should be treated like dogs, any man that doesn't have a big scraggly beard and so on. These are not reasonable people. And don't give me the crap about them being poor and oppressed. Bin Laden and his cronies are rich and use the poor little people as their pawns to advance their own goals.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades]What exactly do you think they would be doing if we leave? They will be terrorizing everyone that doesn't think women should be treated like dogs, any man that doesn't have a big scraggly beard and so on. These are not reasonable people. [/QUOTE]

who cares? there are dozens of s--thole countries in the world, it's not the USA's job to fix them.

In fact there was a time when Clinton was in office that GOP were against nation building. Now it's all we do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]who cares? there are dozens of s--thole countries in the world, it's not the USA's job to fix them.

In fact there was a time when Clinton was in office that GOP were against nation building. Now it's all we do.[/QUOTE]

but we do it so well, so why not! :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]who cares? there are dozens of s--thole countries in the world, it's not the USA's job to fix them.

In fact there was a time when Clinton was in office that GOP were against nation building. Now it's all we do.[/QUOTE]

I never said "who cares".

Yet the same dems that want to cut and run in Iraq are weaping over why we don't go into Darfour. Can't have it both ways. There were a million reasons to go into Iraq beyond the threat of WMDs but that is the only one that people bring up. I have to assume that no one else has ever been wrong. Not to mention that there is a good chance that any evidence of WMDs were brought into the surrounding nations before we found them. There are also a million reasons to stay one of the biggest is that the people of the world that want to be or to stay free need to see that there is someone out there to protect them. We need to be the light in a dark world.

What about the fools in south Jersey that were going to attack Fort Dix. What was their motivation? Was it that we went to Yugoslavia to protect muslims from genocide and then allowed them to come and live in our great country?

So you also feel that we shouldn't try to help the people that are oppressed in the world? Sounds similar to the Americans that felt we shouldn't enter WWII before Pearl Harbor. I feel as the example of freedom in the world it IS our responsibility to help people that need our help. I guess you feel we should just sit back and reap the rewards of being an American, the hell with the other people? So as a democrat you denounce Bush for supposed Nation Building yet denounce Clinton era republicans for disliking Nation Building. Which is it?

9-11 was today's Pearl Harbor. It was the breaking point, they brought the war to us. The funny thing is many dems hated Bush because he was thought to be an isolationist before his first term. 9-11 created his foriegn policy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    paul ----->:thwak:<-------Rudy
    Last edited by LI2OH; 05-25-2007 at 09:44 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i like this paul guy![/QUOTE]

Bit, I am beginning to like him more and more. He seems to have his head screwed on straight!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely agree with him on at least one point: at this moment in time, Rudy is not qualified to be President.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades]I never said "who cares".[/quote]

no but I did. Who cares what form of government they operate in Iraq?

[QUOTE=Trades]
    Yet the same dems that want to cut and run in Iraq are weaping over why we don't go into Darfour.[/quote]

if the oil that is under Iraq was under Darfour im sure we'd find a way to be there.

[QUOTE=Trades]
    I have to assume that no one else has ever been wrong.[/quote]

If Bush apologized, maybe it would be a different issue. but he doesn't and won't. In fact he just jokes about it at coorespondants dinners. He pisses on the graves of the fallen soldiers and he wipes his butt with the US Constitution.

[QUOTE=Trades]
    What about the fools in south Jersey that were going to attack Fort Dix.
    [/quote]

that's what we SHOULD BE doing more of - actually protecting the country from threats from the inside out. There is no connection between the Fort Dix Six and Iraq.

[QUOTE=Trades]
    Was it that we went to Yugoslavia to protect muslims from genocide and then allowed them to come and live in our great country?[/quote]

so are you saying because Bill Clinton ran an illegal war it's ok for Bush? I thought GOPers were about making sure the President was better than Clinton, not just as bad. Oh and by the way no US Servicemen died in Yugoslavia conflict.

[QUOTE=Trades]
    So you also feel that we shouldn't try to help the people that are oppressed in the world?[/quote]

Only after we solve all the problems in America first.

[QUOTE=Trades]
    Sounds similar to the Americans that felt we shouldn't enter WWII before Pearl Harbor.

9-11 was today's Pearl Harbor. It was the breaking point, they brought the war to us.[/quote]

please define 'they' - the difference is that Pearl harbor was an act of war committed by a country with flags, borders and uniforms. World Trade Center was a terrorist (criminal) act and the people that perpetrated it are dead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]no but I did. Who cares what form of government they operate in Iraq?
    .[/QUOTE]
    People that care about attrocities in the world care.

[QUOTE=bitonti]
    if the oil that is under Iraq was under Darfour im sure we'd find a way to be there.
    .[/QUOTE]
    Just like all of the Yugolavian and Agghani oil?

[QUOTE=bitonti]
    If Bush apologized, maybe it would be a different issue. but he doesn't and won't. In fact he just jokes about it at coorespondants dinners. He pisses on the graves of the fallen soldiers and he wipes his butt with the US Constitution.
    [/QUOTE]
    That is nonsense.

[QUOTE=bitonti]
    that's what we SHOULD BE doing more of - actually protecting the country from threats from the inside out. There is no connection between the Fort Dix Six and Iraq.
    .[/QUOTE]
    Last I checked there hasn't been a successful attempt on American soil since 9-11. What exactly haven't we been doing?

[QUOTE=bitonti]
    so are you saying because Bill Clinton ran an illegal war it's ok for Bush? I thought GOPers were about making sure the President was better than Clinton, not just as bad. Oh and by the way no US Servicemen died in Yugoslavia conflict.
    .[/QUOTE]
    Not even close, I personally liked Clinton. I am not a GOPer I am a moderate that slants slightly to the right. I fell Yugoslavia was justified not illegal. Stopping genocide is never wrong. Plus you missed the point, my point was the Fort Dix Six were Muslim want to be terrorists the majority of which were liberated from Yugoslavia by US troops.

[QUOTE=bitonti]
    Only after we solve all the problems in America first.
    .[/QUOTE]
    Not realistic.

[QUOTE=bitonti]
    please define 'they' - the difference is that Pearl harbor was an act of war committed by a country with flags, borders and uniforms. World Trade Center was a terrorist (criminal) act and the people that perpetrated it are dead.[/QUOTE]
    Al Queda and anyone who harbors terrorists. I know that there is no direct evidence of Iraq harboring terrorists but there was sufficient evidence of human atrocities and WMDs to make the President and much of congress to feel that the war was justified. It is only those with the clear 20/20 hindsight that blame it all on Bush which is ridiculous. Plus all of those that perpetrated 9-11 aren't dead. Do you really think they were acting autonomously? They had funding and outside help.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades]Al Queda and anyone who harbors terrorists. I know that there is no direct evidence of Iraq harboring terrorists but there was sufficient evidence of human atrocities and WMDs to make the President and much of congress to feel that the war was justified. It is only those with the clear 20/20 hindsight that blame it all on Bush which is ridiculous. Plus all of those that perpetrated 9-11 aren't dead. Do you really think they were acting autonomously? They had funding and outside help.[/QUOTE]

ALQueda is a pannational underground organization. there is AlQueda in Germany, Spain, UK, Saudi, Pakistan maybe we should invade those countries as well?

the problem here is that supporters of the President, and the President himself fail to realize you can't fight an unconventional war using conventional means.

[quote]

Last I checked there hasn't been a successful attempt on American soil since 9-11. What exactly haven't we been doing?[/quote]

that proves nothing. there were no domestic incidents between 1993 and 2001 does that mean Clinton was a great terrorism fighter? AlQ moves on a different time scale than USA politics. They bide their time, a lack of major incident doesn't prove policies are working.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]ALQueda is a pannational underground organization. there is AlQueda in Germany, Spain, UK, Saudi, Pakistan maybe we should invade those countries as well?

the problem here is that supporters of the President, and the President himself fail to realize you can't fight an unconventional war using conventional means.

that proves nothing. there were no domestic incidents between 1993 and 2001 does that mean Clinton was a great terrorism fighter? AlQ moves on a different time scale than USA politics. They bide their time, a lack of major incident doesn't prove policies are working.[/QUOTE]

Nor does it prove that they aren't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades]Nor does it prove that they aren't.[/QUOTE]

honestly I have a far easier time dealing with Bush' domestic policies than his foreign policies, even ones like Patriot Act. Truth be told they appear to be doing a better job preventing terror attacks in the nation. But this is in spite of the failed war in Iraq, not because of it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, since when does the do-it-yourself capitalistic party want to help all the poor little people out there? It's a complete contradiction. It's funny that the dem.(Bit) is saying who cares while the GOP's are shouting human rights and democracy. The wheels keep spinning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation]Hmm, since when does the do-it-yourself capitalistic party want to help all the poor little people out there? It's a complete contradiction. It's funny that the dem.(Bit) is saying who cares while the GOP's are shouting human rights and democracy. The wheels keep spinning.[/QUOTE]

agree completely although technically i am registered independent.