Thread: Does anyone watch MLS?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone watch MLS?

Does anyone watch MLS on this site or am I the only one?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the Red Bulls tonight... pretty good game, I like that guy Angel, he's got a lot of skill.

If I knew they were playing at home tonigt, I probably would have went with a friend of mine. I'm sure I could have been able to buy tickets there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I watched the Red Bulls tonight... pretty good game, I like that guy Angel, he's got a lot of skill.

If I knew they were playing at home tonigt, I probably would have went with a friend of mine. I'm sure I could have been able to buy tickets there.
    It was a good game. Angel's played well in the the few games since hes come here. He still has spmthing left. The guy who impresses me most is Altidore. I think hes going to be great. Unfortunatly he turns 18 in November and I think theres a good chance hes in Europe by January.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    It was a good game. Angel's played well in the the few games since hes come here. He still has spmthing left. The guy who impresses me most is Altidore. I think hes going to be great. Unfortunatly he turns 18 in November and I think theres a good chance hes in Europe by January.
    If you are good, you are in Europe.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's two things about MLS that absolutely suck, and handcuff it from being a legitemate, fun league to watch:

1) Its communist bull****. Every team is owned by the league, give me a break.

2) It's invariably the AAA-class for Europe. Whenever a young player shows a lot of promise and growth, he's attracted by the glamour and big money of Europe (which stems from the communist bull**** of MLS).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like watching MLS but it's just not on enough to follow properly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    I like watching MLS but it's just not on enough to follow properly.
    Theres a game on every Thursday on ESPN2 and on Saturday on Fox Soccer Channel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red Bulls have a great line up this year. Altidore probably won't be gone for a few years and Angel is only 30 so he has a lot of good soccer in him. We need some Roman Abrohimavich(sp?) style owners and for MLS to ditch its strict cap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Red Bulls have a great line up this year. Altidore probably won't be gone for a few years and Angel is only 30 so he has a lot of good soccer in him. We need some Roman Abrohimavich(sp?) style owners and for MLS to ditch its strict cap.
    Red Bull woulf spend like that if they could.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet

The cap is what absolutely kills MLS. You know how many billionare American CEOs would probably salivate over buying a cheap professional sports team, and then go out of their way to scoop up flashy European names?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cap is what absolutely kills MLS. You know how many billionare American CEOs would probably salivate over buying a cheap professional sports team, and then go out of their way to scoop up flashy European names?
    To defend MLS, the level of play has been elevated greatly recently, its not the players fault for its follies, they play hard for every cent they earn.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    Theres a game on every Thursday on ESPN2 and on Saturday on Fox Soccer Channel.
    I didn't know about the Sat game but that's still only two games a week but at least it's a start.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried to...I find it slow and boring...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at that game. It was alot of fun and it was a good game.