Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CBNY = Political version of the National Enquirer

CBNY = Political version of the National Enquirer

Extremest rhetoric. Name-calling threadlines. Hate filled spamming of the political boards. Typically unproductive barb throwing conversations that go nowhere because it is all about who can continually spit in anger the most and the loudest.

Nice entertainment :rolleyes: , but it is completely ridiculous to try and have a sane political conversation. CBNY you are the political version of the National Enquirer on these boards. Sensationalism is fun :bangwall:

Though I have to admit without you the political boards wouldn't be nearly as active. Though I'm not sure why anyone at all even bothers to respond to you. I guess just like the other parts of this site, sometimes it is fun to feed the trolls. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Classic!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

yes- and you add much substance to this forum as does the sh!t strainer plumberkahn....

Hall Of Fame
    Update: National Enquirer to sue to F-4 Phantom for libel

Like CBTNY (and I do, although we disagree often enough and fought like cats and dogs when I first came here), this kind of "Callout" Personal attack post is completely unneccessary and inappropriate. This forum has rules on such threads, and those rules matter.....even in here.

Disagree with CB, or any other extreme poster (and we have plenty on the left to match our righties), great, debate them, point out their falacies, crush their positions and smash their arguments. It's not that hard.

But we have no need of personal attacks like this. Not on CBTNY, and not on his fpolitical opposites like Dawgg and Ken, or anyone else.

Post reported to Mods.

Edit: and before anyone even thinks of calling ME out, I defended Ken from a similar personal attack recently. My view on callouts like this is not Political in any form. Disagree with Ken as much as I do, I should would never approve of a thread calling him out like this either.
    Last edited by Warfish; 05-25-2007 at 09:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Like CBTNY (and I do, although we disagree often enough and fought like cats and dogs when I first came here), this kind of "Callout" Personal attack post is completely unneccessary and inappropriate. This forum has rules on such threads, and those rules matter.....even in here.

Disagree with CB, or any other extreme poster (and we have plenty on the left to match our righties), great, debate them, point out their falacies, crush their positions and smash their arguments. It's not that hard.

But we have no need of personal attacks like this. Not on CBTNY, and not on his fpolitical opposites like Dawgg and Ken, or anyone else.

Post reported to Mods.

Edit: and before anyone even thinks of calling ME out, I defended Ken from a similar personal attack recently. My view on callouts like this is not Political in any form. Disagree with Ken as much as I do, I should would never approve of a thread calling him out like this either.[/QUOTE]

But somehow it's ok for CBTNY to call liberals every name and insult in the book, DAILY?!?

So as long as people don't mention names specifically, we can throw around labels like Unamerican / Unpatriotic, defeatocrats, democrat party (which you said and meant as an insult), spineless, global warming lunatics, etc? I just lifted that from his or your words on the first page of threads alone

[QUOTE=Warfish]Like CBTNY (and I do, although we disagree often enough and fought like cats and dogs when I first came here), this kind of "Callout" Personal attack post is completely unneccessary and inappropriate. This forum has rules on such threads, and those rules matter.....even in here.

Post reported to Mods.

Edit: and before anyone even thinks of calling ME out, I defended Ken from a similar personal attack recently. My view on callouts like this is not Political in any form. Disagree with Ken as much as I do, I should would never approve of a thread calling him out like this either.[/QUOTE]

You want to be a moderator so bad, it's killing you. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]But somehow it's ok for CBTNY to call liberals every name and insult in the book, DAILY?!?

So as long as people don't mention names specifically, we can throw around labels like Unamerican / Unpatriotic, defeatocrats, democrat party (which you said and meant as an insult), spineless, global warming lunatics, etc? I just lifted that from his or your words on the first page of threads alone[/QUOTE]

again- the total hypocirsy of the left on this board is classic- it's only okay when they refer to conservatives, etc in the same manner....

[QUOTE=Tanginius]But somehow it's ok for CBTNY to call liberals every name and insult in the book, DAILY?!?

So as long as people don't mention names specifically, we can throw around labels like Unamerican / Unpatriotic, defeatocrats, democrat party (which you said and meant as an insult), spineless, global warming lunatics, etc? I just lifted that from his or your words on the first page of threads alone[/QUOTE]

Yes, that has always been the rules in here. Attacks on Politcal Parties, Politicians, Ideas, Positions, Religions (or lack thereof), Beliefs and any other non-personal topic have always been allowed in here.

However, calling out a specific poster and attacking him or her has never been permitted. And when we had active mods, they locked those threads down.

It's fine when debate gets heated, and we all sometimes fail and drop to personal attack with threads. And that alone is bad enough, something we should work to avoid.

And no, I do NOT approve of CBTNY's style of using the language he does to convey his ideas and beliefs, and he has long known that (not that my opinion matters to him, lol). I think his attack style loses more people than it converts, and in the forum of debate the purpose is to enlighten and convince, not simply offend.

I think the differnece between attacking an ideology and attacking an individual poster and pretty obvious and pretty clear.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]again- the total hypocirsy of the left on this board is classic- it's only okay when they refer to conservatives, etc in the same manner....[/QUOTE]

I wasn't complaining, I was pointing out Warfish's hypocrisy that he lets you and him say without objecting

[QUOTE=pauliec]You want to be a moderator so bad, it's killing you. :D[/QUOTE]

I have never hidden that fact my friend. :D And while the LEfties on the forum might not believe it, since they think me an evil righty these days, I know for a fact you couldn't ask for a more fair-handed Mod than me to oversee this forum. There is very little in here that requires Mod action frankly. But there is some things that do.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Yes, that has always been the rules in here. Attacks on Politcal Parties, Politicians, Ideas, Positions, Religions (or lack thereof), Beliefs and any other non-personal topic have always been allowed in here.

However, calling out a specific poster and attacking him or her has never been permitted. And when we had active mods, they locked those threads down.

It's fine when debate gets heated, and we all sometimes fail and drop to personal attack with threads. And that alone is bad enough, something we should work to avoid.

And no, I do NOT approve of CBTNY's style of using the language he does to convey his ideas and beliefs, and he has long known that (not that my opinion matters to him, lol). I think his attack style loses more people than it converts, and in the forum of debate the purpose is to enlighten and convince, not simply offend.

I think the differnece between attacking an ideology and attacking an individual poster and pretty obvious and pretty clear.[/QUOTE]

That's fine and understandable, however to me it's the same thing as he is clearly trying to verbally hit us on the left specifically, without use of names (most times)... at least a good percentage of the time

[QUOTE=Tanginius]That's fine and understandable, however to me it's the same thing as he is clearly trying to verbally hit us on the left specifically, without use of names (most times)... at least a good percentage of the time[/QUOTE]

Of course he is, in a similar (although admittedly more agressive IMO) manner utilized by a fair few of our Left-Leaning contingent.

Again, attack the Big Concepts all you wish, in any way you wish, and you're golden. Start attacking specific posters directly in this manner, and it just isn't appropriate, Right OR Left.

As I said, if this was reversed, and CBTNY started a thread exactly the same, but saying it about Ken (who I couldn't be more diametrically opposed to at times Politically) and my post would be the same.

Personal attack? Warfish, if this was a personal attack, man am I lame. :yes: I'm just noting his tactics which I find abhorent. I would lump Jetdawgg in here as well but he hasn't been around for a little while now.

Both have sensationalist views and attention grabbing threadlines for no other purpose than to gain attention.

You want me to get banned for this. Wow. Really, that's all I have to say. Wow.

shut up you commie libtard defeatocrat

why do you hate America? huh? ;)

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]yes- and you add much substance to this forum as does the [B] sh!t strainer plumberkahn[/B]....[/QUOTE]

Let's see, does Warfish have anything to say about this personal attack, hmm ....

[QUOTE=F-4 Phantom]Personal attack? Warfish, if this was a personal attack, man am I lame. :yes: I'm just noting his tactics which I find abhorent. I would lump Jetdawgg in here as well but he hasn't been around for a little while now.

Both have sensationalist views and attention grabbing threadlines for no other purpose than to gain attention.

You want me to get banned for this. Wow. Really, that's all I have to say. Wow.[/QUOTE]

Get Banned? :eek: Hell no!

One bad post does not equal a ban. Not even close. Reporting =/= Banning.

[QUOTE=F-4 Phantom]Let's see, does Warfish have anything to say about this personal attack, hmm ....[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's is completely and utterly uncalled for IMO. Without reservation.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Get Banned? :eek: Hell no!

One bad post does not equal a ban. Not even close. Reporting =/= Banning.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, my bad, :O I misinterpreted your original response to my post.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]yes- and you add much substance to this forum as does the sh!t strainer plumberkahn....[/QUOTE]

Well, isn't THAT special...
    [IMG]http://www.sethbarnes.com/blogphotos/sethbarnes/www/church_lady.jpg[/IMG]

I apologize...since I cannot hold a candle to the super inflated online ego and two page long thesaurus of put-downs that is CBTNY.

Freaking Classic...