Thread: Respect.

Respect.

This forum needs it in a big way. It also needs a little less of the attack language that serves almost no purpose in debating the ideas we do in here. Frankly, there is far too much of it, from member sof both sides (and some in the middle too). How the hell are we ever going to truly debate issues on teh validity of the ISSUE if every post has "Defeatocrat" and "Scum Sucking Republican" in it?

Is it not possible to debate ideas, and let the ideas stand on their own? To defend your ideas with more ideas, instead of with childish attack language?

I know, I know.....most of you will say I am a ass-licking wanna-be-Mod, and thats the only reason i'm posting this. Well, if you truly believe that, great! But it isn't true (well, it's true I want to be a Mod, just not that I am ass-licking to get the job, lol).

This forum is an amazingly great place to vent our feelings and beleifs on the incredably important issues of the day, often in a way we could never get away with at our jobs and real lives. But if every thread gets down to "You Suck!" , "No YOU suck!" level, it's not doing anyone any good.

So I am asking each of us (myself included, cause I freely admit I fail at this as often as anyone...especially when talking to Ken, lol) to take a small step back and chill out with the attack language.

So with that said, flame away. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish]This forum needs it in a big way. It also needs a little less of the attack language that serves almost no purpose in debating the ideas we do in here. Frankly, there is far too much of it, from member sof both sides (and some in the middle too). How the hell are we ever going to truly debate issues on teh validity of the ISSUE if every post has "Defeatocrat" and "Scum Sucking Republican" in it?

Is it not possible to debate ideas, and let the ideas stand on their own? To defend your ideas with more ideas, instead of with childish attack language?

I know, I know.....most of you will say I am a ass-licking wanna-be-Mod, and thats the only reason i'm posting this. Well, if you truly believe that, great! But it isn't true (well, it's true I want to be a Mod, just not that I am ass-licking to get the job, lol).

This forum is an amazingly great place to vent our feelings and beleifs on the incredably important issues of the day, often in a way we could never get away with at our jobs and real lives. But if every thread gets down to "You Suck!" , "No YOU suck!" level, it's not doing anyone any good.

So I am asking each of us (myself included, cause I freely admit I fail at this as often as anyone...especially when talking to Ken, lol) to take a small step back and chill out with the attack language.

So with that said, flame away. :D[/QUOTE]

Took the words out of my mouth. I left this forum once due to the non-stop name calling and bickering and returned recently due to the boredom of the off-season and a couple of good threads, before they degenerated into what you are speaking of. I hope people can actually speak of thier ideas rather than just berate one another. It would make this a much better forum. It would be nice if Warfish could at least be a mod for the politics arena.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

fish, trust me; moderating = babysitting incorrigible maniacs, and it gets tiring fast. You think you spend too much time in here now? Wait until you put on the zebra shirt.

And besides, they started it. :argue:

[QUOTE=shakin318]fish, trust me; moderating = babysitting incorrigible maniacs, and it gets tiring fast. You think you spend too much time in here now? Wait until you put on the zebra shirt.

And besides, they started it. :argue:[/QUOTE]

I wont lie Shak, for all our past disagreements, I miss having you around here more often. But yea, I get you man.

[CENTER][B][SIZE=7][COLOR=Red]Warfish[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]'07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR=Green][B][SIZE=5]For JI Politcs Forum Moderator [/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 05-25-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Warfish, I totally agree with you. I posted what I posted about CBTNY because I was sick of seeing the threadlines he constantly tosses out. And it was worse when Jetdawgg was here and they were both doing it. It's spam, it's not political discourse. That was my point.

I had a boss one time who used to hold court with us in groups and talk extremely negatively about other employees who weren't in the room. Now I knew for a fact that he talked about me the same way when I wasn't part of his court. After awhile I realized the entertainment value of his rant's against other people when I was part of his court was worth the crap he was saying about me when I wasn't part of the court.

I think people should look at the insults as less personal and judge them based on entertainment value alone. I personally enjoy many of the insults both directed at me and at others.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=F-4 Phantom]Warfish, I totally agree with you. I posted what I posted about CBTNY because I was sick of seeing the threadlines he constantly tosses out. And it was worse when Jetdawgg was here and they were both doing it. It's spam, it's not political discourse. That was my point.[/QUOTE]

it's not political discourse as you don't agree with them....if there is not factual evidence/articles/etc attached to the thread with linkage then it is spam...hence there is not point to be made....

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

Sock It To Me!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
    Find out what it means to me
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T
    Take care, TCB

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]it's not political discourse as you don't agree with them....if there is not factual evidence/articles/etc attached to the thread with linkage then it is spam...hence there is not point to be made....[/QUOTE]

And it would be politcal discourse if I did agree??

Why would I want to respond to you when often you will resort to saying "typical libtard defeatocrat lies"?

I will admit that there are times you do debate the point that you have tried to make. But the way you lay out the threadlines is sensationalist, misleading and not conducive to actually discussing what you are claiming.

It makes for great talkshow soundbites and gets people hooked into the thread but is that what getting interested in political topics has come down to?

If Warfish wants there to be more respect on the political boards, I think the extremists are the ones who need to take the first step.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]

I think people should look at the insults as less personal and judge them based on entertainment value alone. I personally enjoy many of the insults both directed at me and at others.[/QUOTE]

Thats because youre an idiot.

[QUOTE=sect112row36]Thats because youre an idiot.[/QUOTE]

So true! Enjoy the weekend!