Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Senate committee again fingers Mr & Mrs Plame as liars....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Another Senate committee again fingers Mr & Mrs Plame as liars....

[QUOTE][B]Fact-Checking Valerie Plame Wilson, Pt. 1[/B]

The Senate Intelligence Committee has just released a new report as part of its continuing investigation into prewar intelligence. In the report, the committee's vice chairman, Republican Sen. Christopher Bond, has included a set of "additional views" in which he provides new evidence contradicting some of the public testimony Valerie Plame Wilson gave before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform in March.

In that testimony, Mrs. Wilson flatly denied playing a role in choosing her husband, Joseph Wilson, for a fact-finding trip to Niger. "I did not recommend him. I did not suggest him," she testified. She said that an earlier Senate Intelligence Committee report, which concluded that she had indeed suggested her husband for the trip, was simply wrong. In particular, what she called a "quick e-mail" describing her husband's qualifications for the trip was "taken out of context" by the committee to "make it seem as though I had suggested or recommended him."

Now, Senator Bond has released the entire text of Mrs. Wilson's February 12, 2002 memo. In the memo, which was headlined "Iraq-related Nuclear Report Makes a Splash," she referenced a February 5, 2002 CIA intelligence report about Niger, Iraq, and uranium that had been circulating in the previous week:

[I]The report forwarded below has prompted me to send this on to you and request your comments and opinion. Briefly, it seems that Niger has signed a contract with Iraq to sell them uranium. The IC [Intelligence Community] is getting spun up about this for obvious reasons. The embassy in Niamey has taken the position that this report can't be true — they have such cozy relations with the GON [Government of Niger] that they would know if something like this transpired.

So where do I fit in? As you may recall, [redacted] of CP/[office 2] recently approached my husband to possibly use his contacts in Niger to investigate [a separate Niger matter]. After many fits and starts, [redacted] finally advised that the station wished to pursue this with liaison. My husband is willing to help, if it makes sense, but no problem if not. End of story.

Now, with this report, it is clear that the IC is still wondering what is going on… my husband has good relations with both the PM and the former minister of mines, not to mention lots of French contacts, both of whom could possibly shed light on this sort of activity. To be frank with you, I was somewhat embarrassed by the agency's sloppy work last go-round, and I am hesitant to suggest anything again. However, [my husband] may be in a position to assist. Therefore, request your thoughts on what, if anything, to pursue here. Thank you for your time on this.[/I]

The memo seems to show that Mrs. Wilson did indeed suggest her husband for the Niger mission. And it sheds new light on why Mrs. Wilson was involved in the Niger uranium matter to begin with. The conventional wisdom has always been that she suggested her husband's name in response to an inquiry from Vice President Dick Cheney about the Iraq Niger uranium story. But her memo, written on February 12, seems to show that she suggested her husband's name before the vice president asked his question on February 13. In addition, committee investigators found a cable in which Mrs. Wilson wrote that "both State and DOD have requested additional clarification" on the Niger matter. She added that "indeed, the vice president's office just asked for background information on the Niger report." The cable was dated February 13 at 3:42 p.m. — the day after she suggested her husband for the Niger mission.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzUyMzgyZmVjZDUzYWRjYTU2YmM1MWEwZDYzNTI3OGQ=[/url]

let's see if Fitzpatrick has the balls to bring purgury charges against her for lying to congress (I am assuming the testimony was under oath)...

I tend to think the liberal media which sweep this under the rug....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/Dwight_sheriff.jpg[/IMG]

Nothing gets by you CBTNY. Will Libby be calling you as a witness for his sentencing?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    sharp picture-

this is cr726 graduating from traffic school to tackle a pressure career in law and picture as he's always brags about....he stole the deputy badge from a kid's toy since the town wouldn't give him one...

[QUOTE=cr726][IMG]http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/Dwight_sheriff.jpg[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-26-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://lifeintheoffice.com/wp-content/images/characters/Dwight2.png[/IMG]

This is the military to CBTNY, sacrifice is for suckers.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    almost on cue....

[QUOTE][B]Media Ignore New Revelations About Valerie Plame Wilson’s Possible Perjury[/B]

If the Senate released a major study on Friday with information suggesting that a key Republican might have committed perjury, would the media report it?

Probably every hour on the hour, with front-page headlines Saturday morning, correct?

Well, the Senate issued a lengthy analysis on pre-Iraq war intelligence Friday, and in it was information contradicting Valerie Plame Wilson’s sworn testimony before the House in March.

As reported by Byron York of National Review (emphasis added):

[I]When Valerie Plame Wilson swore that she did not recommend or suggest her husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson, for a fact-finding trip to Niger in 2002, Sen. Christopher Bond took note. Wilson’s words, given in testimony before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, didn’t jibe with what Bond’s investigators had learned a few years earlier when they looked into the CIA leak matter. Now, we know why Bond was suspicious.

On page 205 of the newly released 226-page Senate Intelligence Committee report on pre-war intelligence, Bond has posted “additional views” that address the question of Plame’s testimony about her husband’s trip, the purpose of which was to check out reports Iraq had sought to buy uranium in Niger. The evidence Bond provides in his additional views contradicts Mrs. Wilson’s version of events.[/I]

York went through a very elaborate dissection of Bond’s views as compared to statements made in the past by Plame including in her sworn testimony to the House. I highly encourage the reader to take the time to view it in its entirety.

That said, it is interesting to note that no other media representative made this connection even though this report was highly covered, including by the NBC “Nightly News.” Here’s how Brian Williams began the show Friday (from closed-captioning):

[I]Good evening. We are only now learning that the Bush administration was warned by the U.S. Intelligence community four years ago that Iraq could unravel and turn disastrous no matter how quick, no matter how successful the initial invasion had been. This is all in a rather damning new report on Iraq by the Senate Intelligence Committee.[/I]

Of course, no mention of the new revelations concerning Plame Wilson.

And, there wasn’t a reference to Plame Wilson in this front-page article in Saturday’s Washington Post about the Senate Intelligence report.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/25/AR2007052501380.html[/url]

Even more curious was this front-page article in Saturday’s New York Times which did mention Bond’s addendum to the report, but elected to not share the details, or that Plame Wilson might have lied during her House testimony:

[I]But Mr. Bond, along with two Republican colleagues, still added to the report a 17-page addendum rehashing a favorite issue of their own: the role of Valerie Wilson, the former Central Intelligence Agency officer, in arranging a prewar trip to Africa by Joseph C. Wilson IV, her husband and a former ambassador, to investigate possible Iraqi uranium purchases.[/I]

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/26/washington/26intel.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin[/url]

Comically, this occurred on the same day that prosecutors asked U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton to sentence I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby to upwards of three years in jail for his role in the Plame affair.

A Google News search identified 205 outlets covered that story, including this article by the New York Times. Yet, only one reported the new revelations about Plame, and that was Byron York of National Review.

Color me unsurprised. [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta deflect somehow. Suggestion and having the power to assign are two different things. Plame unlike the majority of GOP morons actually knows how to testify. She explained in her testimony that another CIA person brought it up to her first and then she relayed it.

Maybe Libby should of done what Berger did? Be smart enough to take a plea, but then again people like you and the party you love soo much think they are smarter than everyone else.

Arrogance + Arrogance doesn't equal the truth.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]almost on cue....[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    it's pathetic the way you feebly try and justify liar joe plame and his wife without even comprehending your own post....

[QUOTE=cr726]You gotta deflect somehow. [B]Suggestion[/B] and having the power to assign are two different things. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][I]When Valerie Plame Wilson swore that she did not recommend or [B]suggest [/B] her husband[/I], former ambassador Joseph Wilson, for a fact-finding trip to Niger in 2002, Sen. Christopher Bond took note.[B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Plame unlike the majority of GOP morons actually knows how to testify. She explained in her testimony that another CIA person brought it up to her first and then she relayed it. Maybe Libby should of done what Berger did? [/QUOTE]

aka- skillful lying....

[QUOTE]Be smart enough to take a plea, but then again people like you and the party you love soo much think they are smarter than everyone else.

Arrogance + Arrogance doesn't equal the truth.[/QUOTE]

stupid is as stupid does....

I realize in your sad state of mind you still hold out hope Karl Rove or someone else in the WH may be attached to this bunch of BS or may still be indicted, yet as usual you can't face the facts at hand- plame and liar joe where the only two people who lied in this investigation about the topic at hand....

again- let's see if purjury charges are brought up against plame and if they dig deeper into the real cause of mr. plame's trip to Niger...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-26-2007 at 01:13 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could care less about Rove. Everyone knows he is a skillful POS.

Plame being charged? I guess destroying her career wasn't enough? Have at it.

Make sure you send in your letter of support for Libby. He will need it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    yeh- I guess your right as you've been on the mark about everything with this case...who was involved, who would get indicted, right up to your prediction that the Libby case would never go to trial.... :thumbup:

[QUOTE=cr726]I could care less about Rove. Everyone knows he is a skillful POS.

Plame being charged? I guess destroying her career wasn't enough? Have at it.

Make sure you send in your letter of support for Libby. He will need it.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never predicted who else would be indicted. Libby is a absolute fool for going to trial. His defense was as lame as your jokes.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]yeh- I guess your right as you've been on the mark about everything with this case...who was involved, who would get indicted, right up to your prediction that the Libby case would never go to trial.... :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Valerie Plame is a liar and a political hack. And she made millions off this story, vastly more success and cash than she ever would have in her desk job at CIA.

So lets see:

--Deeply hurt her Political enemies, and is openly politically biased.

--Earned Fame vastly superior to her utterly anonymous former life.

--Earned Forture, and the Potential for even more Fortune down the road.

--Has been documented as a liar on various occasions (all linked by good old CBTNY) by the US Senate Subcomittees.

Yet no one ever seems to doubt her word round here. If here name was "Big Oil", and those same facts above were listed, we'd have a hundred threads calling her out. But she hurt Bush, and apparently anyone who hurts Bush cannot be bad, regardless of the facts.

It amazes me that the Conspiracy Mad Political left (selected not elected, Bush was behind 9/11, etc, etc, etc) cannot see even the POSSABILLITY of the Plames having ulterior motives here. Amazingly selective.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you get the assumption that Plame's career was a lame desk job?

[QUOTE=Warfish]Valerie Plame is a liar and a political hack. And she made millions off this story, vastly more success and cash than she ever would have in her desk job at CIA.

So lets see:

--Deeply hurt her Political enemies, and is openly politically biased.

--Earned Fame vastly superior to her utterly anonymous former life.

--Earned Forture, and the Potential for even more Fortune down the road.

--Has been documented as a liar on various occasions (all linked by good old CBTNY) by the US Senate Subcomittees.

Yet no one ever seems to doubt her word round here. If here name was "Big Oil", and those same facts above were listed, we'd have a hundred threads calling her out. But she hurt Bush, and apparently anyone who hurts Bush cannot be bad, regardless of the facts.

It amazes me that the Conspiracy Mad Political left (selected not elected, Bush was behind 9/11, etc, etc, etc) cannot see even the POSSABILLITY of the Plames having ulterior motives here. Amazingly selective.[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Where do you get the assumption that Plame's career was a lame desk job?[/QUOTE]

Various media reports indicated that she was not an active agent, i.e was not working under the specific department definition of "covert". That there have been no criminal charges brought against Richard Armitage, the man who is now publicly acquknowledged to have first leaked her name (outside of her Husband of course), supports the position that strictly and legally speaking, she was not a covert operative working int he field.

As such, (and at the time her name was made public, both by Armitage and by her Husband himself) she was working at CIA itself. I can only assume that they did not make her stand, and that indeed....she worked at a desk.

Now.....

But be that as it may.....please feel free to take the word "desk" out of my post if it makes you happy. That small redaction does not change the point at all. For a Political Group that seems to thrive on stories of Conspiracies, it amazes me that the Left finds nothing at all worthy of question with the Plames and their newfound fame and fortune, as well as their now vastly increased Political Power.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    CUMMINGS: Number two, the Identities Protection Act refers to travel outside the United States within the last five years. Let me ask you this question. Again, we don’t want classified information, dates, locations, or any other details. During the past five years, Ms. Plame, from today, did you conduct secret missions overseas?

WILSON: Yes I did, congressman.

CUMMINGS: Finally, so as to be clear for the record, you were a covert CIA employee and within the past five years from today, you went on secret missions outside the United States. Is that correct?

WILSON: That is correct, congressman.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Various media reports indicated that she was not an active agent, i.e was not working under the specific department definition of "covert". That there have been no criminal charges brought against Richard Armitage, the man who is now publicly acquknowledged to have first leaked her name (outside of her Husband of course), supports the position that strictly and legally speaking, she was not a covert operative working int he field.

As such, (and at the time her name was made public, both by Armitage and by her Husband himself) she was working at CIA itself. I can only assume that they did not make her stand, and that indeed....she worked at a desk.

Now.....

But be that as it may.....please feel free to take the word "desk" out of my post if it makes you happy. That small redaction does not change the point at all. For a Political Group that seems to thrive on stories of Conspiracies, it amazes me that the Left finds nothing at all worthy of question with the Plames and their newfound fame and fortune, as well as their now vastly increased Political Power.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cummings: Did you, at anytime, request or reccomend your husband Joseph Wilson, for a fact-finding trip to Niger?

Plame: I did not reccomend him....

oooppsss......

[QUOTE=cr726]CUMMINGS: Number two, the Identities Protection Act refers to travel outside the United States within the last five years. Let me ask you this question. Again, we don’t want classified information, dates, locations, or any other details. During the past five years, Ms. Plame, from today, did you conduct secret missions overseas?

WILSON: Yes I did, congressman.

CUMMINGS: Finally, so as to be clear for the record, you were a covert CIA employee and within the past five years from today, you went on secret missions outside the United States. Is that correct?

WILSON: That is correct, congressman.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the Senate Intelligence Committee does not include in the report is the fact that Valerie's boss had asked her to write a memo outlining her husband's qualifications for the job. She did what any good employee does; she gave her boss what he asked for.

"The decision to send Joe Wilson on the mission to Niger was made by
    Valerie's bosses. She did not have the authority to sign travel
    vouchers, issue travel orders, or expend one dime of U.S. taxpayer
    dollars on her own. Yet, she has been singled out by the Republican
    National Committee and its partisans as a legitimate target of attack.
    It was Karl Rove who told Chris Matthews, 'Wilson's wife is fair game.'

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Cummings: Did you, at anytime, request or reccomend your husband Joseph Wilson, for a fact-finding trip to Niger?

oooppsss......[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cummings: Did you, at anytime, request or reccomend your husband Joseph Wilson, for a fact-finding trip to Niger?

[QUOTE=cr726]What the Senate Intelligence Committee does not include in the report is the fact that Valerie's boss had asked her to write a memo outlining her husband's qualifications for the job. She did what any good employee does; she gave her boss what he asked for.

"The decision to send Joe Wilson on the mission to Niger was made by
    Valerie's bosses. She did not have the authority to sign travel
    vouchers, issue travel orders, or expend one dime of U.S. taxpayer
    dollars on her own. Yet, she has been singled out by the Republican
    National Committee and its partisans as a legitimate target of attack.
    It was Karl Rove who told Chris Matthews, 'Wilson's wife is fair game.'[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the Senate Intelligence Committee does not include in the report is the fact that [B]Valerie's boss had asked her to write a memo outlining her husband's qualifications for the job. She did what any good employee does; she gave her boss what he asked for.[/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    your constant pathetic attempts to justify liar joe and his wife are comical...

[QUOTE]The report forwarded below has prompted me to send this on to you and request your comments and opinion. Briefly, it seems that Niger has signed a contract with Iraq to sell them uranium. The IC [Intelligence Community] is getting spun up about this for obvious reasons. The embassy in Niamey has taken the position that this report can't be true — they have such cozy relations with the GON [Government of Niger] that they would know if something like this transpired.

[B]So where do I fit in? [/B] As you may recall, [redacted] of CP/[office 2] recently approached my husband to possibly use his contacts in Niger to investigate [a separate Niger matter]. After many fits and starts, [redacted] finally advised that the station wished to pursue this with liaison. [B]My husband is willing to help, if it makes sense, but no problem if not. End of story.[/B]

Now, with this report, it is clear that the IC is still wondering what is going on… my husband has good relations with both the PM and the former minister of mines, not to mention lots of French contacts, both of whom could possibly shed light on this sort of activity. To be frank with you, I was somewhat embarrassed by the agency's sloppy work last go-round, and I am hesitant to suggest anything again. [B]However, [my husband] may be in a position to assist. [/B] Therefore, request your thoughts on what, if anything, to pursue here. Thank you for your time on this.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]What the Senate Intelligence Committee does not include in the report is the fact that [B]Valerie's boss had asked her to write a memo outlining her husband's qualifications for the job. She did what any good employee does; she gave her boss what he asked for.[/B][/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This means someone in the CIA approached Joe Wilson about Niger before, correct. No one disputes Wilson was in Niger in 99 and this was a sponsored CIA trip.

Answer this who sent Joe Wilson?

Who called Plame's career open game?

[QUOTE]As you may recall, [B][redacted] of CP[/B]/[office 2] recently approached my husband to possibly use his contacts in Niger to investigate [a separate Niger matter].[/QUOTE]