Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Go screw, Bobby

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614

    Go screw, Bobby

    Go screw.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Abreu stinks this year but do you expect him to get a hit vs. K-Rod?

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,114
    i dont think you should single him out.......there are plenty guys on the yankees who deserve to go screw.

    P.S. i am not sure what it means to tell someone to "go screw"

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Abreu stinks this year but do you expect him to get a hit vs. K-Rod?

    I expect him to swing the bat, at the very least.

    The ump was absolutely pathetic though. Called striked 3 was LITERALLY in the other batters box. No joke.

    I dont put this game on Abreu.....but he's got to be shipped out, or benched at this point. He's been beyond horrible.


    (go screw means go screw yourself)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Abreu stinks this year but do you expect him to get a hit vs. K-Rod?
    Did you see the AB? The called strike 3 was literally 9-12 inches off the plate. It was literally in the other sides batter box. If Jeter was hitting, that pitch would have likely hit him (partially because he turns the wrong way on those inside pitches).

    Anyone that is blaming Abreu for not swinging at that pitch is an idiot. The 2nd strike pitch was a nasty slider that looked a little low, but might have crossed his knees. Either way, you wouldn't be able to do anything with that pitch.

    Fact is, had Abreu swung at that last pitch, he would have missed because he literally wouldn't be able to reach it. And then people here could have some real complaints.

    Most likely, the Yankees wouldn't have tied that game. They might have though, and I sure would have liked to see it actually unfold.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    I dont put this game on Abreu.....but he's got to be shipped out, or benched at this point. He's been beyond horrible.
    Benched in favor of who? Abreu is a career .300 hitter with a .400 OBP and was great for the Yankees last year. Great being an understatement. He'll come around.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Benched in favor of who? Abreu is a career .300 hitter with a .400 OBP and was great for the Yankees last year. Great being an understatement. He'll come around.

    And a career loser in Philly. He doesnt come up in big situations, never has.

    And what in the flying **** is Torre batting him leadoff for? I cant stand Torre, I just cant take it anymore.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    He was great for the Yanks last year - I don't understand

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    He was great for the Yanks last year - I don't understand

    He's been careless this year. I dont see any fire in this guy. He lacks the quality of being a gutsy winner, as corny as that sounds I think it is true. And it seems phillie fans who said the same have been right all along.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,616
    I can't fault a guy for taking a ball that was erroneously called a strike.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    And a career loser in Philly. He doesnt come up in big situations, never has.

    And what in the flying **** is Torre batting him leadoff for? I cant stand Torre, I just cant take it anymore.
    Career loser? That's just an asinine statement. What made him a loser on that team? The fact that the team didn't win? I guess he magically became a winner last year with the Yankees? Or did the Yankees not win the WS last year because he brought over his "career loserness" with him.

    Jeter should be batting leadoff. I can deal with Abreu leadoff though. It's a decision like taking Clippard out in favor of DeSalvo that is infuriating.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    He's been careless this year. I dont see any fire in this guy. He lacks the quality of being a gutsy winner, as corny as that sounds I think it is true. And it seems phillie fans who said the same have been right all along.
    Would you have said that same exact thing last year when he was with the Yankees? The guy hasn't played well this year. It has nothing to do with whether he is a "gutsy winner" or not. Not to mention, a team doesn't win because they are filled with "gutsy winners." They win because they have talented players. If it was the other way around, we should just fill our team with a bunch of Karim Garcia's. Or even better, lets bring back Clay Bellinger and Ricky Ledee because they knew how to pull out gutsy wins.

    Phillie fans are idiots.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    He was great for the Yanks last year - I don't understand
    Because if a guy isn't playing well, for many Yankee fans it's not because he is just going through a rough time. Instead it is because he isn't gutsy enough and he doesn't have any rings so he's not a winner.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Would you have said that same exact thing last year when he was with the Yankees? The guy hasn't played well this year. It has nothing to do with whether he is a "gutsy winner" or not. Not to mention, a team doesn't win because they are filled with "gutsy winners." They win because they have talented players. If it was the other way around, we should just fill our team with a bunch of Karim Garcia's. Or even better, lets bring back Clay Bellinger and Ricky Ledee because they knew how to pull out gutsy wins.

    Phillie fans are idiots.

    When all the "talented" players you bring in only care about the paychecks, its a problem. Its not all about talent, you need some guts AND talent. Abreu has no guts, and he never shows up when the chips are down. That was his MO in philly, and its rearing its ugly head again in New York.

    Torre should be sent packing, first and foremost. Its about 3 years too late unfortunately, and he is not going anywhere until the season is over with.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Career loser? That's just an asinine statement. What made him a loser on that team? The fact that the team didn't win? I guess he magically became a winner last year with the Yankees? Or did the Yankees not win the WS last year because he brought over his "career loserness" with him.

    Jeter should be batting leadoff. I can deal with Abreu leadoff though. It's a decision like taking Clippard out in favor of DeSalvo that is infuriating.

    every phillies fan i know.....which is quite a few were happy as pigs in sh*t when they shipped abreu's a*s to the yankees........they said the same thing.......that the guy is a loser....now you see why

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    every phillies fan i know.....which is quite a few were happy as pigs in sh*t when they shipped abreu's a*s to the yankees........they said the same thing.......that the guy is a loser....now you see why
    See why? What I have seen from Abreu is the ability to be a great, great player. He was nothing short of fantastic last year when he got here. He played a huge role against Boston in that 5 game series too, although it seems many have forgotten that.

    This year he has been in the worst slump of his career. When he was with Philly, he never played like this. And, when he starts hitting like he did in Philly, nobody is going to think that.

    I've always wondered what makes a player a loser. Does that the team he plays for can't win the WS? It sure is weird how that team could use the production Bobby used to give them when he was there right now.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    When all the "talented" players you bring in only care about the paychecks, its a problem. Its not all about talent, you need some guts AND talent. Abreu has no guts, and he never shows up when the chips are down. That was his MO in philly, and its rearing its ugly head again in New York.

    Torre should be sent packing, first and foremost. Its about 3 years too late unfortunately, and he is not going anywhere until the season is over with.
    Yeah, all those Yankee players care more about the paychecks than the players on the other teams... That's the problem! I guess what the Yankees need are players that don't care about money. I'm sure those will be very easy to find.

    Yeah, Bobby didn't show up last year when "the chips were on the table." He played like absolute sh*t against the Red Sox in that crucial 5 game series. He was also the big problem against the Tigers in that playoff loss. I'm pretty sure he didn't hit .333/.412/.400 in that series or anything like that. Son of a *****!

    And in case you didn't notice, Bobby not hitting this year has nothing to do with him not hitting "when the chips are on the table." He's not hitting period. He's slumping in big spots and he's slumping in non-big spots. It's called a slump. It has nothing to do with his guts.

    It's amazing how Yankee fans have such short memories. Did you completely forget your feelings of Bobby last year? I guess you didn't watch the Yankees for the last few months of the season last year?

    I agree about Joe, although I don't think he should be fired during the year. I just don't think it will help the team. He should have been fired after the 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 seasons.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    613
    you guys blame him for getting called out on strikes when the ball was a good foot outside... look now the umpire made the right calls and he just walked in a big situation

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_87
    you guys blame him for getting called out on strikes when the ball was a good foot outside... look now the umpire made the right calls and he just walked in a big situation
    He probably should have swung at those pitches just in case the umpire was thinking of calling pitches a foot outside strikes again...

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    He's been careless this year. I dont see any fire in this guy. He lacks the quality of being a gutsy winner, as corny as that sounds I think it is true. And it seems phillie fans who said the same have been right all along.
    The thing with Abreu is this- although you're not seeing the real Abreu batting average-wise, you ARE seeing the real Abreu effort-wise. When Bobby was traded last year he got that initial "jolt" of new energy and actually exhibited some effort because he was on a new team, new fans (anyone is better than Philly fans) and a playoff team. That effort and that renewed energy resulted in him playing like the player he always should be. Then along comes season 2, and the guy is back to his lazy self that got him that reputation in the first place. Abreu is a nice rent-a-player. But he is not a building block.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us