Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Joe Torre

Banned

Fire Joe Torre

I have had his back for a long time but every decision he makes blows up in his face. Time to move on. Please. Enough of this bull**** we need to stir things up.

I have lost all faith in him. The Yankees are done. Bye Joe, we had some good years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I have had his back for a long time but every decision he makes blows up in his face. Time to move on. Please. Enough of this bull**** we need to stir things up.

I have lost all faith in him. The Yankees are done. Bye Joe, we had some good years.
    How do you feel about Steinbrenner's statement the other day, basically putting all the pressure on Cashman and saying Torre will be the coach throughout the year?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    How do you feel about Steinbrenner's statement the other day, basically putting all the pressure on Cashman and saying Torre will be the coach throughout the year?
    I feel that they both deserve a lot of the blame, but more so Torre.

I will always give Cashman credit for our all of sudden, stellar farm system. Looks like he sacrificed 2007 for the future. Which isn't a bad thing. But Torre has to go.

This is not a championship team and it's time to realize that. Dump the garbage.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-27-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Banned

I will always give Cashman credit for you stellar farm system. Looks like he sacrificed 2007 for the future. Which isn't a bad thing. But Torre has to go.
    I've always had a lot of respect for Torre. He's not only a great coach but a great individual off the field with a lot of the things he does. And after the way last season ended for the Yankees, I was hoping for his own sake that he would just step down and leave on his own terms. I always thought he deserved to go out on his own rather than be fired by Steinbrenner. It's still a long season which doesn't look good for NY, but for the long term, I agree that the Yankees definitely need a change at the top ASAP.

All League
    He needs to be fired right now. And that is the truth.

He was booed today for the first time maybe ever. I think the fans in the crowd realized that Proctor had to be taken out after he walked Escobar, and certainly after the 1st ball to Figgins, except for Joe of course. And that cost us another run.

I have been saying that I don't think firing Torre at this stage would be the right move because I could see if having a negative effect on the team, but honestly, it's not like it can get worse.

Practice Squad
    Awww, everything will be all right in the world when the Rocket returns

I really dont blame Torre, after all, its the players on the field that are not performing, but if they need a scapegoat they can take out Torre.

BTW, if this team is in such a mess as some of those "die hard" Yankee fans say, why would you put Mattingly in now ?

Oh, if the Yankees really fall out of the race (and I personally think they could come back ), you will all of a sudden see 50 % of the "die hard" fans, start digging out those Mets T's and caps

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler
    Awww, everything will be all right in the world when the Rocket returns

I really dont blame Torre, after all, its the players on the field that are not performing, but if they need a scapegoat they can take out Torre.

BTW, if this team is in such a mess as some of those "die hard" Yankee fans say, why would you put Mattingly in now ?

Oh, if the Yankees really fall out of the race (and I personally think they could come back ), you will all of a sudden see 50 % of the "die hard" fans, start digging out those Mets T's and caps
    Who said anything about Mattingly? I do not think he is the answer. I want someone outside of the organization.

Also don't think this team is a mess. I believe they can bounce back next year and compete once again. They just need fresh faces at the top. Also go with the in the new and out with the old attitude. Younger and more athletic.

Practice Squad
    Who said anything about Mattingly? I do not think he is the answer. I want someone outside of the organization.

Also don't think this team is a mess. I believe they can bounce back next year and compete once again. They just need fresh faces at the top. Also go with the in the new and out with the old attitude. Younger and more athletic.
    They moved Mattingly to bench coach, to learn from Joe, to eventually groom him to become the manager. If the Yanks want to make a change for the rest of the season, maybe they should go with Girardi. He did a excellent job with the Marlins last year. I dont know if that was a fluke or he is that good of a manager.

I agree, the Yanks are not a mess at all. They have a great lineup, but that is underperforming right now. But there is panic all around, and IIRC , they were pretty bad a few years ago, and rebounded nicely

I feel for the REAL Yankee fans, NOT for the bandwaggoners from 96 on

Then I guess you give no credit to Torre for the 4 World Championships? Afterall, it was the players out there performing.

Who said anything about Mattingly? Either way, it can't get any worse with a new manager.

Not a chance in hell.

All League
    They moved Mattingly to bench coach, to learn from Joe, to eventually groom him to become the manager. If the Yanks want to make a change for the rest of the season, maybe they should go with Girardi. He did a excellent job with the Marlins last year. I dont know if that was a fluke or he is that good of a manager.

I agree, the Yanks are not a mess at all. They have a great lineup, but that is underperforming right now. But there is panic all around, and IIRC , they were pretty bad a few years ago, and rebounded nicely

I feel for the REAL Yankee fans, NOT for the bandwaggoners from 96 on
    I think you're right about Girardi. I have a feelin if the season plays out the way it's going right now, he'll be the next Yankees manager as soon as next year. When the Yankees were winning championships from 96 on, the major stars, like Jeter, Mo, Petitte, and Posada all came from the farm system. We had a few stars thrown in the mix, like Rocket, and Tino... and a bunch of lesser stars, more like role players, such as Brosius and O' Neill. All in all, the team just gelled.

It does not seem like it's happening right now. You can't pinpoint it on Torre, or Abreu, or Cashman... all you can do is just start clean. We have talented young players, but we also should look to dump one of the older guys for more entusiastic role players. It might sound stupid to get rid of a guy like Damon, or Abreu, but it's better to get something in return while they still have value.

And I'm no bandwagoner... I was only 9 when they won the first world series, and live 10 minutes away from the stadium... and I would say that most Yankee fans on this board are not bandwagoners, as it is the local team.

Practice Squad
    And I'm no bandwagoner... I was only 9 when they won the first world series, and live 10 minutes away from the stadium... and I would say that most Yankee fans on this board are not bandwagoners, as it is the local team.[/QUOTE]

I have NO doubt that the vast majority of Yankee fans here are no bandwaggoners. Its the ones who think its their given right to be in their World Series,and how could you root for any team but the boys in the Bronx, and your team sucks because they did not win 26 WS ,type of fans that irk me. But those are the type of fans that will be the 1st ones to jump ship when things go bad.

All League
    What are the Yankees waiting for???.....

Dump Torre and Cashman..

Banned

I will always give Cashman credit for our all of sudden, stellar farm system. Looks like he sacrificed 2007 for the future. Which isn't a bad thing. But Torre has to go.

This is not a championship team and it's time to realize that. Dump the garbage.

lol.......almost 50 million for a japanese pitcher

20 million for clemens

220 million and you think he's sacrificing this year for the future???? i'm sorry but i don't see the logic there. the yankees are "built to win now" every year. they haven't sacrificed the present season for the future in a long, long time. just because they aree playing like sh*t right now, doesn't mean that they were just planning on rebuilding this year anyway. and, fwiw, why don't you guys try blaming some of the players on the team, i mean torre isn't the one pitching or getting on the batters box. you could have any manager you want in there, at some point the players have to execute or nothing the manager does is going to change anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    lol.......almost 50 million for a japanese pitcher

20 million for clemens

220 million and you think he's sacrificing this year for the future???? i'm sorry but i don't see the logic there. the yankees are "built to win now" every year. they haven't sacrificed the present season for the future in a long, long time. just because they aree playing like sh*t right now, doesn't mean that they were just planning on rebuilding this year anyway. and, fwiw, why don't you guys try blaming some of the players on the team, i mean torre isn't the one pitching or getting on the batters box. you could have any manager you want in there, at some point the players have to execute or nothing the manager does is going to change anything.
    I'll give all the blame to Cashman for Igawa but Clemens had nothing to do with him. That is 100% George.

Do you need realize the Yankees haven't traded a decent prospect in 5 years? I call that rebuilding for the future. They also traded away Johnson and Sheffield for prospects. They Yankees are a team that felt like they could still compete while building for the future. So far it hasn't worked out to well. The Yankees are really missing Sheffield in the middle of the lineup.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-28-2007 at 01:11 AM.

cashman is the one responsible for the current mess.

Do You realize his two best moves were people turning him down when he was shopping wang and cano? what else has the man done except ride on coattails? kevin brown? pavano? igawa? giambi? believe me, i can continue

Hall Of Fame
    How stupid do the Yanks and Clemens look now? A pro-rated $28M to pitch once every five games for a sub .500 team?
    HA!

Anyway, on to Cashman:

Get on him about the players he brought in all you want but I can't think of a single one; Pavano, Giambi, Sheffield, R.Johnson, Abreu, Kevin Brown, Johnny Damon, etc, etc who wasn't the "prize to get" at the time of their signing. Each and everyone of them were highly-sought-after by just about any team with money to spend and each and every one of you Yank-mees' fans got super-excited at the time of the signing and loved the move and thought it was the right thing to do, etc, etc.

Which of you didn't want Sheffield when he was signed? Who didn't want Pavano after the year he came off of? Who didn't want RJ one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball history coming off one of his best seasons ever? Who didn't want the perrenial MVP candidate Jason the Giambino? Which of you didn't jump through hoops and high-five each other in the streets when you saw you traded for Abreu last season?

Please. You loved every move that was made at the time it was made and every other GM in baseball who had a check book went after each and everyone of those players before the Yankees (and Cashman) won the bidding war.
    Last edited by JMJ; 05-28-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    and, fwiw, why don't you guys try blaming some of the players on the team, i mean torre isn't the one pitching or getting on the batters box. you could have any manager you want in there, at some point the players have to execute or nothing the manager does is going to change anything.

exactly

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    How stupid do the Yanks and Clemens look now? A pro-rated $28M to pitch once every five games for a sub .500 team?
    HA!

Anyway, on to Cashman:

Get on him about the players he brought in all you want but I can't think of a single one; Pavano, Giambi, Sheffield, R.Johnson, Abreu, Kevin Brown, Johnny Damon, etc, etc who wasn't the "prize to get" at the time of their signing. Each and everyone of them were highly-sought-after by just about any team with money to spend and each and every one of you Yank-mees' fans got super-excited at the time of the signing and loved the move and thought it was the right thing to do, etc, etc.

Which of you didn't want Sheffield when he was signed? Who didn't want Pavano after the year he came off of? Who didn't want RJ one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball history coming off one of his best seasons ever? Who didn't want the perrenial MVP candidate Jason the Giambino? Which of you didn't jump through hoops and high-five each other in the streets when you saw you traded for Abreu last season?

Please. You loved every move that was made at the time it was made and every other GM in baseball who had a check book went after each and everyone of those players before the Yankees (and Cashman) won the bidding war.
    To be fair, Sheff was a pretty good pick up for the Yanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    To be fair, Sheff was a pretty good pick up for the Yanks.
    I agree. They were all great pick ups at the time. Hindsight is always 20-20. I just love how all these Yankees fans want Cashman fired now for making the same moves that every other GM in baseball was trying to make and the same moves that made them themselves jump up and down ecstatic with happiness at the time it was made.

Check yourselves Yankees' fans .....