Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kobe: "West > Kupchak, just accept it."

Kobe: "West > Kupchak, just accept it."

Bryant told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that he wants the Lakers to bring West back to the organization and give him full authority. If the Lakers don't want to do that, Bryant said he wants to be traded.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Veteran
    Kobe knows whats up.

Who does Kobe think he is? Send him to Memphis

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Who does Kobe think he is? Send him to Memphis
    He isn't going anywhere. They are gonna get Jerry West then he is gonna bring KG or JO in and the Lakers will be the 07-08 Champs. Kobe also has a no trade clause so he gets to pick where he goes and it will be to the Bulls. That will make Kobe the greatest bull of all time to.

He isn't getting traded. Kobe needs to STFU, he hasnt done sh-t since Snaq left. He isnt and never will be as good as Michael.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    He isn't getting traded. Kobe needs to STFU, he hasnt done sh-t since Snaq left. He isnt and never will be as good as Michael.
    Are you serious? Kobe hasn't done "sh!t"...lol. Kobe has been the best player in the league since shaq left. He made it to the playoffs with teams that shouldn't have made the playoffs. They don't have anyone around him to help him out.

All Pro
    On AM570 on the Joe Grande Show they were discussing it and made a HUGE clarification. Kobe will ask to be traded IF the Lakers DO NOT pursue or attempt to get Jerry West back and offer him the job. So long as they offer West the job, Kobe will not ask for a trade,
    HUGE NEWS - Joe McDonald reported that although West is under contract until the end of June, so will be scouting as to who the Grizzlies will draft....once his contract is over Jerry West has told his close friends that he would talk to the Lakers and would be interested in discussing his return as the full time GM (not just an advisor).
    fire mitch.. he is the worse gm ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Kobe is amazing. Maybe the most talented basketball player in the world. Rich. Handsome. Intelligent. Well spoken. Married to a gorgeous woman.

And he risks it all to poke some fat cow in a Colorado hotel.

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets
    Are you serious? Kobe hasn't done "sh!t"...lol. Kobe has been the best player in the league since shaq left. He made it to the playoffs with teams that shouldn't have made the playoffs. They don't have anyone around him to help him out.

Hmm...my memory is not that good, but how many of those teams won the championship?

I think it was none....can anyone clarify that for me?

And didn't Shaq win a title with ANOTHER team before Kobe did? Huh...How about that.

They are gonna get Jerry West then he is gonna bring KG or JO in and the Lakers will be the 07-08 Champs.
    If Kobe was really the greatest of all time, why does he need Jermaine O'Neal or Kevin Garnett to win a championship? Shouldn't he be able to do that without a true big man like some other GOAT I know of?

Veteran
    The Chicago fans welcome Kobe.
    Since he's demanding a trade we will rake you over the coals in value.
    We'll only have to match about 14-15 of his 19 mil salary:

Ben Gordon
    Noce
    Duhon
    Sweetney/Allen
    2008 1 (top 3 protection)
    2009 1 (top 3 protection)

It replaces Kobe's point production with Gordons 20 and Noce's 15.

Hinrich/ Thabo
    Bryant/ Thabo
    Deng
    Wallace/Tyrus Thomas
    Hawes or Noah/ Wallace

That's another dynasty.

Hall Of Fame
    KOBE

simple question;

There was a Tim Duncan debate on ESPN radio recently, and they were trying to figure out where he fit in in the "post Jordan era"

Do you think there will ever be a "post KOBE era" mentioned ?

I say no, and its the simplest way to see the reason why KOBE isn't 1/2 the player Jordan was

From 2004

"He's going to be very selfish," Ray Allen said of Bryant, who scored 15 of his team's first 20 points and had 35 points in Tuesday's loss. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"I think the point production is not going to be so much what people are going to look at because (Tracy) McGrady did it in Orlando, Allen (Iverson) did it in Philly. Can you win a championship? I think that's the question. Carrying guys on your back and making everybody better."

Can Bryant do that?

"He has the talent, he can do it," Allen said. "But is his attitude going to allow him to take a back seat and let Lamar Odom shine and let Caron Butler have his nights and bring those big guys along with him?"

Allen said Bryant's ability and willingness to incorporate others will be the gauge for the Lakers' success. Bryant was re-signed for seven years at more than $130 million this summer.

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

Are you kidding me?

Ever heard of that 7'0 FT guy named Tim Duncan who only leads his teams to championships and can DOMINATE the game on both sides.

Kobe is the most taleneted player in the NBA but he isnt the best player IMO. Damn Rapist.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    Kobe is amazing. Maybe the most talented basketball player in the world. Rich. Handsome. Intelligent. Well spoken. Married to a gorgeous woman.

And he risks it all to poke some fat cow in a Colorado hotel.

Unbelievable.

She was fat? I've never saw a picture of her.

Veteran
    Who cares bout Kobe, he have'nt done nothing since Shaq left

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusher
    She was fat? I've never saw a picture of her.

Yes, they showed one picture of her from behind walking into court. Definitely a wide load.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    Hmm...my memory is not that good, but how many of those teams won the championship?

I think it was none....can anyone clarify that for me?

And didn't Shaq win a title with ANOTHER team before Kobe did? Huh...How about that.

If Kobe was really the greatest of all time, why does he need Jermaine O'Neal or Kevin Garnett to win a championship? Shouldn't he be able to do that without a true big man like some other GOAT I know of?
    Michael needed scotty to win a championship. And the reason the Lakers haveant one a championship since shaq left is because Kobe does not have any help. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    KOBE

simple question;

There was a Tim Duncan debate on ESPN radio recently, and they were trying to figure out where he fit in in the "post Jordan era"

Do you think there will ever be a "post KOBE era" mentioned ?

I say no, and its the simplest way to see the reason why KOBE isn't 1/2 the player Jordan was
    Slava Mevidinko is half the player jordam was.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    Are you kidding me?

Ever heard of that 7'0 FT guy named Tim Duncan who only leads his teams to championships and can DOMINATE the game on both sides.

Kobe is the most taleneted player in the NBA but he isnt the best player IMO. Damn Rapist.
    You an idiot that doesn't know anything by callin Kobe a rapist. Get a life serousily. Tim Duncan has people around him to help him. DO you understand that. I dont think you do. You dont seem to understand anything. -realtalk-

Hall Of Fame
    Michael needed scotty to win a championship. And the reason the Lakers haveant one a championship since shaq left is because Kobe does not have any help. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

And who do you think chased away Shaq? Jack Nickolson? How can you be a fan of that douchebag? I don't care how talented he is. He is the most self centered egotist in sports. He gives TO consultations.