Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Barry Bonds: Does anyone else hope he tears his ACL?

All League

OT: Barry Bonds: Does anyone else hope he tears his ACL?

I don't even care about the steroids. I don't want him to break Hank Aarons record because he is the complete opposite of Hank. Hank exuded class, dignity, sportsmanship and was a gentleman. Bonds is the complete opposite. He is an arrogant, pompous, racist a-hole!!!

All Pro
    NO

Veteran
    Tearing his ACL is too good for him. Whatever the worst side effects are from taking the crap he took - I hope it hits him all at once while at the plate this series against the Mets.

"Bonds approaches the plate, and oh my look at him...his head doubled in size again, he has tumors all over his skin, he's more moody than ever screaming at the crowd, his balls are the size of peas, and he can't get an erection (although it's tough to get excited for a game at Shea)."

You hear this douchebag is stockpiling all the memorabilia and keeping it fromo the HOF people because he'll give it to his kids to sell at some point. When asked about it, he says something like "I don't worry about the HOF, I worry about me."

Guy is a total piece of

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

I've heard that he was quite the dick. What I've seen dosen't support this, however. Back when I saw the Mets eliminate the Gnats in the playoffs(I missed a home loss to the Steelers that day), Bonds was getting the normal razzing from the fans out in left field. I was surprised to see he was chatty and gave up foul balls to the crowd with a smile. Now this was the only time I encountered him, but I was sitting close to the field, and by the end of the day he and the crowd were actually having fun. That said I'll be there hoping he whiffs 4 times tonite. Get him, Ollie!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsound
    Tearing his ACL is too good for him. Whatever the worst side effects are from taking the crap he took - I hope it hits him all at once while at the plate this series against the Mets.

"Bonds approaches the plate, and oh my look at him...his head doubled in size again, he has tumors all over his skin, he's more moody than ever screaming at the crowd, his balls are the size of peas, and he can't get an erection (although it's tough to get excited for a game at Shea)."

You hear this douchebag is stockpiling all the memorabilia and keeping it fromo the HOF people because he'll give it to his kids to sell at some point. When asked about it, he says something like "I don't worry about the HOF, I worry about me."

Guy is a total piece of

I actually watched that on ESPN I think. He has like everything from each one of his milestones vacuum packed in his basement. Guy exemplifies the "Me" persona. Hard guy to like in my opinion. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but even I feel like if he dishonors this record. Kinda sad.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsound

Guy is a total piece of

I agree he is a piece of crap but I don't blame him for it, it is not like they are treating him well...not that I think they should but then they should not expect him to give up his stuff. He opted out of the MLB licensing agreement years ago in anticipation of his stuff being worth tons more if there is not a lot of it around.

Don't hold back tell us exactly how you feel.
    I have to agree. I am not a big baseball fan but still do not want to see him break this. What kid growing up during Hank's time did not want to be Hank. Guy should be tossed out of the game.

All League
    He is not playing for chowds, fish or bills -so my answer is NO

All Pro
    Hes not playing tonight, hes available to pinchhit.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen
    He is not playing for chowds, fish or bills -so my answer is NO
    You want one of them to tear an ACL?

I hope Bonds breaks the record, breaks it well past reachable and then never gets proven guilty of steroids. The useless hate on this guy is so stupid - just recognize, he's the greatest baseball player ever. Period. Be happy that you're alive to see him play, kinda like when Jordan was around.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    I hope Bonds breaks the record, breaks it well past reachable and then never gets proven guilty of steroids. The useless hate on this guy is so stupid - just recognize, he's the greatest baseball player ever. Period. Be happy that you're alive to see him play, kinda like when Jordan was around.

The greatest EVER?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    The greatest EVER?
    Yep.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan
    I don't even care about the steroids. I don't want him to break Hank Aarons record because he is the complete opposite of Hank. Hank exuded class, dignity, sportsmanship and was a gentleman. Bonds is the complete opposite. He is an arrogant, pompous, racist a-hole!!!
    Unfortunately, as his retirement evolved, Aaron became more of a prick. He has a major chip on his shoulder for two reasons. The money players are making today that he missed out on and race. Now I can understand both perspectives. However, there are a lot of players who can whine about the same things but don't.

Having said that, I don't wish injury on Bonds. The guy is hard to like but I respect his talent. Steroids or not, they don't help anyone hit that little white ball.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    Unfortunately, as his retirement evolved, Aaron became more of a prick. He has a major chip on his shoulder for two reasons. The money players are making today that he missed out on and race. Now I can understand both perspectives. However, there are a lot of players who can whine about the same things but don't.

Having said that, I don't wish injury on Bonds. The guy is hard to like but I respect his talent. Steroids or not, they don't help anyone hit that little white ball.
    What he's on just helps him hang around a lot longer to "hit that little white ball". He cheated father time and in so doing skewed his feats. Personally I don't recognize anything he does. He should be in a separate category.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree that he may be the most talented player ever (but ARod is close behind if not passed him).

How many guys took steroids during Barry's era?

Belle
    Gonzalez
    Palmeiro
    McGwire
    Sosa
    Giambi
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.

You've heard the published reports. Hundreds upon hundreds of players during the years from around 1994-2003 were juicing their *sses off. Barry was better then all of them pre-juice and he has been better then all of them post-juice.

If hundreds upon hundreds of Major League Baseball Players were juicing during those days; why haven't any others done or accomplished close to what he has? The answer is because from a pure talent standpoint he is on a level so far superior to anyone else that they couldn't compare.

ARod on the other hand ..... he's done this all natural. Imagine what ARod's numbers would be if he was juicing for 3, 4, 5 straight seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy

Sure helps to avoid developing 'warning track power' in an aging athlete...

MLB is a joke. Shilling their cheaters all along the way...

Veteran
    If you think Bonds should tear his ACL, than what about Giambi, Sheffield, Mota or the hundreds of other guys who juiced and are still juicing. Bonds is one of the greatest players who ever lived, and when he was on, or maybe still on the stuff he became maybe the greatest hitter who ever lived. But you have to remember, pitchers were on it, other players were on it, and he dominated them all.

Why should his fate be worse than any of them. He has become the focal point of this era, because he was the best during the era, but he is not to blame, baseball is. The players owners, commish, and the player union, they wanted this, they allowed this, and this was the result. If he breaks the record, it is as legit as any record in any sport.

Each era in any sport has to be quantified, but the all time records get measured against all era's right or wrong, thats the way it is. Pitching records are the same even though the mound is 6 inches lower and harder to pitch now, but the presents pitchers stats get measured against the historical pitchers also. Is that fair?? What do you think Pedro's ERA would be if he has a higher mound. He might have thrown out stats that Koufax and Gibson couldn't dream of. But even though he had the disadvantage of throwing off a lower mound he is measured against those guys, That is the way it is.

Bonds record is not tainted he played in a juiced up Home run era, and he is measured against history, and eventhough all era's are different, history measures them equally.

All League

Are you drunk?

Cool

I agree 100%. I hope he puts it at 800 and beyond. I don't get why so many people hate on him. Because the media says so? Because he treats the media like the jack@sses they are and they rag on him for it? Because he's a black man who's richer than you and knows it? Because he refuses to kiss anyone's @ss? SO WHAT?! You don't have to like him. He's a baseball player, he gets paid money to play baseball at a high level, which he has done since 1990. Oh yeah, one more little fact that the Bonds haters seem to forget:

BARRY BONDS HAS NEVER TESTED POSITIVE FOR STERIODS. NEVER.

So therefore give the man the benefit of the doubt. Steriods can't help you hit the ball, they can't help you be a better outfielder. And since everyone else during the 90's was on the juice, wouldn't that have placed the pitchers on the same level playing field as Bonds? If he was juicing, so were they, so how can you call him a cheater when EVERYONE was cheating? And wouldn't it be funny if the other players were juiced up but Bonds was the one who was CLEAN? Wouldn't that make his accomplishments even more impressive?

Do we take away the Babe's homers b/c he didn't play against black players? Do we take away the homers that bounced over the wall from the outfield (now considered ground rule doubles)?

Barry Bonds will be the career home run king whether you like it or not. Accept it and let go of your hate. If anything, revel in the knowledge that he doesn't have a WS ring and probably never will. Feel better now?