Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Fitzgerald says Plame was a covert agent

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Fitzgerald says Plame was a covert agent

Too long to copy / paste, but should settle this

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18927332/site/newsweek/[/url]

In new court filings, special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald has finally resolved one of the most disputed issues at the core of the long-running CIA leak controversy: Valerie Plame Wilson, he asserts, was a “covert” CIA officer who repeatedly traveled overseas using a “cover identity” in order to disguise her relationship with the agency.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um....hate to break it to you, but he's been "asserting" that all along. Him re-asserting it now is hardly news.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reacharound time!!

Grease up the palms, boys!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the major claims by the Right is Fitzgerald never actually used the word COVERT during the trial.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Um....hate to break it to you, but he's been "asserting" that all along. Him re-asserting it now is hardly news.[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]One of the major claims by the Right is Fitzgerald never actually used the word COVERT during the trial.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've never heard that claim.

The claim I have heard is that Fitzgerald made the claim even though the judge had ordered him not to as that claim was "facts not in evidence" in the Libby trial, but that he said it anyway.

Regardless, Fitzgerald has said (outside court at least) all along that Plame was a Super-Secret James-Bond Super-Agent. Thats kinda the whole idea behind his endless investigations.....if he didn;t think she was covert, there is no crime for him to investiagte.

Of course, so far, there has been no convictions or trails for the actual crime of leaking her (covert agent) name. That is the interesting part, since I can only assume that A. She was Covert and B. Armitage leaked her name (an illegal act if she was Covert) then C. Armitage should be on Trial for it.

So.....why isn't Armitage on Trial then?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    She was SO covert, that it took Fitzy two seconds to determine that leaking her name was not a violation of the IIPA. And hey, Libby was neither accused nor convicted of [I]that[/I] crime, but should be sentenced as if he was, even though leaking Plame's name, which he didn't do, wasn't a violation of the IIPA. Makes sense to me.

Liberal myths die hard, I suppose....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]She was SO covert, that it took Fitzy two seconds to determine that leaking her name was not a violation of the IIPA. [B]And hey, Libby was neither accused nor convicted of [I]that[/I] crime, [/B] but should be sentenced as if he was, even though leaking Plame's name, which he didn't do, wasn't a violation of the IIPA. Makes sense to me.

Liberal myths die hard, I suppose....[/QUOTE]

and neither was anyone else for that matter, much to the dismay of liberals, who care so much about "justice" and are happy to put it all away once the matter is settled.... :zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The grand jury determined that, not Fitzgerald. It took a lot longer than 2 seconds because LIBBY was lying during the investigation.

Who asked for the investigation? George Tenet, who has blindly backed the President. Where is the liberal angle in this?

[QUOTE=jets5ever]She was SO covert, that it took Fitzy two seconds to determine that leaking her name was not a violation of the IIPA. And hey, Libby was neither accused nor convicted of [I]that[/I] crime, but should be sentenced as if he was, even though leaking Plame's name, which he didn't do, wasn't a violation of the IIPA. Makes sense to me.

Liberal myths die hard, I suppose....[/QUOTE]