Thread: Fred Thompson will officially announce his campaign on the 4th of July...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Fred Thompson will officially announce his campaign on the 4th of July...

This should be verrrry interesting. After two very lackluster debates, I think the GOP has found its media darling. This guy has gotten more press than people who have actually already declared their intent [B]months[/B] ago. There are high expectations from Thompson, now we'll see if he can deliver.

[url]http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/800ccdc8-6e63-4540-a05e-350fa2cff93a[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/05/30/PH2007053000626.jpg[/IMG]

Is the GOP getting desperate? Thompson is a better actor than politician. Is the GOP hoping people will actually think he is a tough NYC DA?
    Last edited by cr726; 05-31-2007 at 01:34 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, no thanks. The CFR's operational goal is basically to subvert the Constitution in favor of World Government.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey]He's a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, no thanks. The CFR's operational goal is basically to subvert the Constitution in favor of World Government.[/QUOTE]

Yea a think tank with a diverse membership that debates the role of the US and foreign policy issues has a basic goal to subvert the Constitution. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]Yea a think tank with a diverse membership that debates the role of the US and foreign policy issues has a basic goal to subvert the Constitution. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Probebly better than the Bohemian Grove Club, right? At least the CFR doesn't dress in robes, do homo-erotic things and have a mock human sacrifice.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Fred Thompson will officially announce his campaign on the 4th of July...[/QUOTE]

Good.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Predictions?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have read a bunch of his blog entries and find myself agreeing with many of his stances. You also can't argue that he doesn't have the TV persona needed for politics today.

[URL=http://abcradio.com/Blog.asp?id=15663&m=5&y=2007]Thompson's Blog[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster]Predictions?[/QUOTE]

I'm all for Thompson. It would be a huge relief to finally have a President who can speak coherently on TV, not mangle the English language and not boil all the complicated problems in the world to three word catch phrases you can fit on a bumper sticker.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    One Thompson Blog I am sure you all will appreciate. :D
    [QUOTE]April 13, 2007

Plutonic Warming

Some people think that our planet is suffering from a fever. Now scientists are telling us that Mars is experiencing its own planetary warming: Martian warming. It seems scientists have noticed recently that quite a few planets in our solar system seem to be heating up a bit, including Pluto.

NASA says the Martian South Pole's ice cap has been shrinking for three summers in a row. Maybe Mars got its fever from earth. If so, I guess Jupiter's caught the same cold, because it's warming up too, like Pluto.

This has led some people, not necessarily scientists, to wonder if Mars and Jupiter, non-signatories to the Kyoto Treaty, are actually inhabited by alien SUV-driving industrialists who run their air-conditioning at 60 degrees and refuse to recycle.

Silly, I know, but I wonder what all those planets, dwarf planets and moons in our SOLAR system have in common. Hmmmm. SOLAR system. Hmmmm. Solar? I wonder. Nah, I guess we shouldn't even be talking about this. The science is absolutely decided. There's a consensus.

Ask Galileo.
    [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Probebly better than the Bohemian Grove Club, right? At least the CFR doesn't dress in robes, do homo-erotic things and have a mock human sacrifice.[/QUOTE]

And if they did, what would be wrong with it? Now that you mention it many people find foreign policy homo-erotic

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this guy has cancer, no?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey]He's a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, no thanks. The CFR's operational goal is basically to subvert the Constitution in favor of World Government.[/QUOTE]

Our current Administration is doing just fine at subverting our constitution, so I don't see this as any worse.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]this guy has cancer, no?[/QUOTE]

Not for a while (it's been in remission).

But don't vote for him bitonti! He's bald!! He'll make a terrible President!!1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy was great in [I]Die Hard 2[/I]. I'll give him that.

But [I]Aces: Iron Eagle III[/I]? Might say something about his judgment abilities....

:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Not for a while (it's been in remission).

But don't vote for him bitonti! He's bald!! He'll make a terrible President!!1[/QUOTE]

it's not about what I want it's about what will win a general election

look on the plus side at least he's not 100 pounds overweight like gingrich or gore

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Not for a while (it's been in remission).

But don't vote for him bitonti! He's bald!! He'll make a terrible President!!1[/QUOTE]
    George Hamilton for President- he's got a great tan!