Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Election Suprise That Will Change Everything

The Election Suprise That Will Change Everything

In a Shocking Move, Presidential hopeful Fred Thompson declares early, at a massive Rally in CA, that Governator Schwartzineger will be his Choice for VP.

The Governator brings the three things Thomspn doesn't: Youth (relative term in Politics), Good Humour (Arnie can be very funny-apealing in disarmingly Reagan kind of way) and of course, a more Moderate, Mass-Appeal Set of Positions on many an issue.

Thompson/Arnold. The Crystal Ball says....just wait! ;) :D

if cloning ever becomes a reality we should create about a billion Ah-nolds and send them to the Middle East, all wearing sunglasses and leather jackets. That would solve the problem for good.

[QUOTE=bitonti]if cloning ever becomes a reality we should create about a billion Ah-nolds and send them to the Middle East, all wearing sunglasses and leather jackets. That would solve the problem for good.[/QUOTE]

You gotta admit Bit, Arnold brings to the table everything you claim Thompson is "unelectable" for, i.e. age and baldness. :P

preachin to the choir on this one, I like Arnold.

It's all theater. my dream ticket is probably Hulk Hogan with a Veep of Macho Man Savage. Hogan can come out there, say outlandish things like "Whatcha gonna do bin ladin, when the largest armed forces in the world, comes down on YOUUUU" he can flex and play the "I am a real American" theme song, Savage can pretend abuse the fair Elizabeth and say "ohhh yeah!" it would be great!

All Pro
    Can Arnold be Vice President? What if something happens to Thompson and Arnold has to take over? I thought that the US President had to be born in this country.

I might be inclined to vote for him strictly due to his performance in Days of Thunder.

[QUOTE=parafly]Can Arnold be Vice President? What if something happens to Thompson and Arnold has to take over. I thought that the US President had to be born in this country.[/QUOTE]

The President does, yes. At least, for NOW he does.... ;)

The VP is under no such restrictions. In a case of Presidential succession, it would skip over any Non-Native Born person, and go on to the next in line.

And that too could be used to revive a flagging Republican Base, let um know that yes, even Senate and House seats are hugely important with a non-native/Can't take Over VP.

[QUOTE=parafly]Can Arnold be Vice President? What if something happens to Thompson and Arnold has to take over? I thought that the US President had to be born in this country.[/QUOTE]
    It's funny too, because in the movie Demolition Man, they predicted all of this.

[QUOTE]Lenina Huxley: I have, in fact, perused some newsreels in the Schwartzenegger Library, and the time that you took that car...

John Spartan: Hold it. The Schwartzenegger Library?

Lenina Huxley: Yes. The Schwartzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor when you...

John Spartan: Stop! He was President?

Lenina Huxley: Yes! Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment which states...

John Spartan: I don't wanna know. President.
    [/QUOTE]

See?

According to Sly, it's possible.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish]The VP is under no such restrictions. In a case of Presidential succession, it would skip over any Non-Native Born person, and go on to the next in line.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, good to know. In any case, I fully support allowing a non-American born person to become President of the United States. Arnold would make a great President, IMO.

[QUOTE=bitonti]preachin to the choir on this one, I like Arnold.

It's all theater. my dream ticket is probably Hulk Hogan with a Veep of Macho Man Savage. Hogan can come out there, say outlandish things like "Whatcha gonna do bin ladin, when the largest armed forces in the world, comes down on YOUUUU" he can flex and play the "I am a real American" theme song, Savage can pretend abuse the fair Elizabeth and say "ohhh yeah!" it would be great![/QUOTE]
    Nope. Hogan can't be president, he was born in Canada.

[QUOTE=parafly]Thanks, good to know. In any case, I fully support allowing a non-American born person to become President of the United States. Arnold would make a great President, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, if Arnold somehow DOES get a VP nod, that issue will get looked at hard. Personally, for me, it an issue of a bygone time. For example, I was born in Scotland, but lived there only for a year. I'm over 30 now, so I've lived here for over 30 years, and been a citizen as long as I could be. By the time I turn 60 (a nice Presidential age), I will have lived here and been a citizem for over half a century.

Still going to question my loyalty to America then? Of course not.

[QUOTE=Warfish]The President does, yes. At least, for NOW he does.... ;)

The VP is under no such restrictions. In a case of Presidential succession, it would skip over any Non-Native Born person, and go on to the next in line.

And that too could be used to revive a flagging Republican Base, let um know that yes, even Senate and House seats are hugely important with a non-native/Can't take Over VP.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah... can you cite a non-partisan and unbiased source? ;)

Funny though... has this always been the case? Our first eight or so presidents were originally British citizens. Van Buren was our first real American president.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Trust me, if Arnold somehow DOES get a VP nod, that issue will get looked at hard. Personally, for me, it an issue of a bygone time. For example, I was born in Scotland, but lived there only for a year. I'm over 30 now, so I've lived here for over 30 years, and been a citizen as long as I could be. By the time I turn 60 (a nice Presidential age), I will have lived here and been a citizem for over half a century.

Still going to question my loyalty to America then? Of course not.[/QUOTE]
    60?

What I never understood is that while you are eiligible to be President at 35, we always seem to elect guys who, if they weren't in politics, would be making their final retirement preparations.

[QUOTE=finlee17]Oh yeah... can you cite a non-partisan and unbiased source? ;)

Funny though... has this always been the case? Our first eight or so presidents were originally British citizens. Van Buren was our first real American president.[/QUOTE]

I dont get the unbaised source joke. My bad. :(

As to the other issue, I believe Citizenship might have been conferred upon any (White? Male? Landowner?) Colonist who choose to stay, be loyal to the new nation, and wanted to be one.

But it's a good question....one I don't really know the answer to.

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]60?

What I never understood is that while you are eiligible to be President at 35, we always seem to elect guys who, if they weren't in politics, would be making their final retirement preparations.[/QUOTE]

Americas have trouble viewing anyone under 50 as "Presidential" it would seem.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Americas have trouble viewing anyone under 50 as "Presidential" it would seem.[/QUOTE]
    Clinton was 46 I believe.

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]Clinton was 46 I believe.[/QUOTE]

Aye, I think Kennedy was under 50 wasn't he? Looked it at least.

Excpetions ot the rule, who knows.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Aye, I think Kennedy was under 50 wasn't he? Looked it at least.

Excpetions ot the rule, who knows.[/QUOTE]
    Kennedy was the youngest elected president at 43.

Teddy Rooselvelt was the youngest to take office.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]It's funny too, because in the movie Demolition Man, they predicted all of this.

See?

According to Sly, it's possible.[/QUOTE]

That movie has the worst sex scene ever.

[QUOTE=pauliec]That movie has the worst sex scene ever.[/QUOTE]
    But the Taco Bell references make up for it ten fold, as does Wesley Snipes' bleached pseudo-mohawk.