Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Lebron.....holy crap

Veteran
    that was probably the most incredible performance by one sole player to win a game. i mean to be the only guy to make a basket for the last 8 in reg. and both the first and second ot is godly. it wasnt only during the middle of the sessions too, he was knocking down huge shots. those 2 dunks at the end of the fourth were rediculous and those followed by some crazy j's including that 3 after the first and a circus layup to win. it was nice to see him give all who doubted him a big '**** you'

Even thought I don't follow basketball, I always like when someone who is suppose to be a superstar actually doesn't become a bust and is what everyone thought and hoped they where going to be. I root for the Lebron's, Crosby's, and Bush's of the world. Now I can only hope my boy Hughes will become what he has been projected to be.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-01-2007 at 01:18 AM.

Given the choice, I would much rather have James on my team than Bryant. James will only get better and while Bryant is an amazing talent, he is a despicable human being. 20 years from now, they wil still be talking about Magic, Byrd, Jordan and james. Kobe will be remembered as an excellent player but not in the same category.

All Pro
    i only caught some of it, so pissed I missed it now

Jets Insider VIP
    James >>>> Bryant

The NBA has been waiting a long time for a new "hero". Even a guy who scores 81 points in a game can't be considered the face of the league because of his countless human failings and crappy attitude. Jordan took the mantle from Magic/Bird....Kobe kinda filled a void for a little while but more than half the NBA fanbase hates the guy....LeBron is now the man!

LeBron = Next!

A legend was born tonight. You'll see the replay of that drive to the basket and layup for years to come, just like Jordan's switching the ball from one hand to the other in mid-air or his tongue-dragging dunk from the foul line. LeBron arrived tonight...big time! His post game interview was pure class.

Jets Insider VIP
    LeBron > Kobe, just accept it.

I'm glad clueless-ass Kobe24Jets is back. He whines about Kobe not having enough help, but the Lakers are a team of all-stars compared to the trash that LeBron plays with. Plus, Kobe has one of the greatest coaches of all time in the Zen Master while Mike Brown is one of the worst in the NBA.

LeBron's teammates are absolutely garbage. Of the 14 players on the roster, only 2 are worth anything: LeBron and Gibson, a rookie.

Gooden? Garbage
    Hughes? Garbage
    Pavlovic? Garbage
    Ziggy? Garbage
    That's the freaking 4 of the 5 starters!

Mike Brown is absolutely dreadful. Brown makes about 3 to 5 boneheaded decisions each game. It's hilarious listening to Yes!!!, Kerr & Bleached-Blond question each of Brown's dumbass moves.

Kobe couldn't do what LeBron did last night or in this series. LeBron is carrying 10 to 12 guys who wouldn't be in a rotation on any other team in the NBA. Kobe is home on the couch whining about not getting any help.

LeBron is younger, 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than Kobe. Plus, LeBron & his bums swept the Lakers this year and embarrassed Kobe in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    I don't know the exact time, but with around 2 and a half minutes to go in regulation, Lebron scored every single point with the exception of ONE after that and through double overtime.

Basically there's 2 results from the whole thing:

1. Lebron just turned in one of the greatest single game playoff performances ever.

2. He's on the verge of carrying possibly the worst team ever to reach the finals. Weak competition aside, he's literally won the last 3 games singlehandidly.

I almost have to catch my breath after watching that.
    The only thing this compares to is AI carrying the 76ers to the finals in 2001. That was another hidious team carried to the finals by one guy.
    But last night was simply unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    James >>>> Bryant

The NBA has been waiting a long time for a new "hero". Even a guy who scores 81 points in a game can't be considered the face of the league because of his countless human failings and crappy attitude. Jordan took the mantle from Magic/Bird....Kobe kinda filled a void for a little while but more than half the NBA fanbase hates the guy....LeBron is now the man!

LeBron = Next!

A legend was born tonight. You'll see the replay of that drive to the basket and layup for years to come, just like Jordan's switching the ball from one hand to the other in mid-air or his tongue-dragging dunk from the foul line. LeBron arrived tonight...big time! His post game interview was pure class.
    I'm not convinced that LeBron is better yet. He will be, I think. But the bottom line is that Kobe plays MUCH better defense, and doesn't take off nearly as many games as LeBron does.
    I'm not clear who's better if they are both playing at their peak. However, LeBron has more potential in 5 years to be better, and he's clearly better at making his teammates better. I don't see what the big deal is, though, who's #1 and who's #2 right now. THey are both great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    I'm not convinced that LeBron is better yet. He will be, I think. But the bottom line is that Kobe plays MUCH better defense, and doesn't take off nearly as many games as LeBron does. I'm not clear who's better if they are both playing at their peak. However, LeBron has more potential in 5 years to be better, and he's clearly better at making his teammates better. I don't see what the big deal is, though, who's #1 and who's #2 right now. THey are both great.
    Batman, that's game-set-match right there. LeBron makes his pathetic excuse for teammates better while Kobe does not, although he has better teammates than LeBron.

I agree with you on the other point about defense, but that quality or lack thereof, hasn't stopped Steve Nash. LeBron does play better defense than Nash, but not as good as Kobe, but that alone cannot make Kobe better.

Making your teammates better which Nash and LeBron do is more important than being a better defender IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Batman, that's game-set-match right there. LeBron makes his pathetic excuse for teammates better while Kobe does not, although he has better teammates than LeBron.

I agree with you on the other point about defense, but that quality or lack thereof, hasn't stopped Steve Nash. LeBron does play better defense than Nash, but not as good as Kobe, but that alone cannot make Kobe better.

Making your teammates better which Nash and LeBron do is more important than being a better defender IMO.
    Kobe's temmates are nominally better than LeBron's, and Kobe does play in the West (But, again, if you want to see bad teammates, look at AI's Philly team in 2001 - good lord). I value defense quite a bit I think there's a huge gap between Kobe and LeBron there, also, the other big issue is taht LeBron simply takes too many plays and games off, and it's apparent.
    This is not to say LeBron has a bad attitude or anything of the sort, it's just that sometimes he kind of goes on cruise control. I'm not srue why, Actually seems like he has his head on pretty straight considering he's been called the nbext great one since he was 14, and there's never been a basketball league on any level that's ever really forced him to ramp up his game all the time.

1 on 1 game right now, unquestionably Kobe
    5 on 5 game right now, I lean towards Kobe, simply because I don't know when LeBrron will show up

5 on 5, 2 years from now (when LeBron is 24, mind you.... It's important to remember Lebron is lonly 22) LeBron, especially when he learns to play defense.

But last ngiht's game was for the ages. More impressive than anything Kobe has done (yes even more than his 81 point game) since that was 1) regular season, and LeBron also had 8 assists (creating another 16 points)

Jets Insider VIP
    Kobe's temmates are nominally better than LeBron's, and Kobe does play in the West (But, again, if you want to see bad teammates, look at AI's Philly team in 2001 - good lord). I value defense quite a bit I think there's a huge gap between Kobe and LeBron there, also, the other big issue is taht LeBron simply takes too many plays and games off, and it's apparent.
    This is not to say LeBron has a bad attitude or anything of the sort, it's just that sometimes he kind of goes on cruise control. I'm not srue why, Actually seems like he has his head on pretty straight considering he's been called the nbext great one since he was 14, and there's never been a basketball league on any level that's ever really forced him to ramp up his game all the time.

1 on 1 game right now, unquestionably Kobe
    5 on 5 game right now, I lean towards Kobe, simply because I don't know when LeBrron will show up

5 on 5, 2 years from now (when LeBron is 24, mind you.... It's important to remember Lebron is lonly 22) LeBron, especially when he learns to play defense.

But last ngiht's game was for the ages. More impressive than anything Kobe has done (yes even more than his 81 point game) since that was 1) regular season, and LeBron also had 8 assists (creating another 16 points)
    I don't disagree with the above, except for the 5 on 5 game right now and leaning toward Kobe. As you mentioned, LeBron dropped 48 points and nearly had a triple double. Kobe couldn't even dream of that. That production does more for his team than Kobe being a ball hog.

Plus, in the last 6 meetings between the Cavs and Lakers, with Kobe always having a better supporting cast than LeBron, the Cavs are 4-2, with a sweep this year.

And LeBron's propensity to coast is definately an issue, but he has definately not coasted the last 3 games. I seriously doubt he'd coast from here on out, but if he does, I definately see that as a bigger issue than it is right now.

I don't disagree with the above, except for the 5 on 5 game right now and leaning toward Kobe. As you mentioned, LeBron dropped 48 points and nearly had a triple double. Kobe couldn't even dream of that. That production does more for his team than Kobe being a ball hog.

Plus, in the last 6 meetings between the Cavs and Lakers, with Kobe always having a better supporting cast than LeBron, the Cavs are 4-2, with a sweep this year.

And LeBron's propensity to coast is definately an issue, but he has definately not coasted the last 3 games. I seriously doubt he'd coast from here on out, but if he does, I definately see that as a bigger issue than it is right now.
    Agreed. In the end, I think that I think the coasting issue is bigger then you do... I guess this ends the Jets Insider PTI segment on LeBron Vs. Kobe.

Next up: Who's dirtier - Bill Lambeer in his prime or Bruce Bowen

Kidding.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed. In the end, I think that I think the coasting issue is bigger then you do... I guess this ends the Jets Insider PTI segment on LeBron Vs. Kobe.

Next up: Who's dirtier - Bill Lambeer in his prime or Bruce Bowen

Kidding.
    I hear you on the coasting issue. Unless he coasts from here on out in the biggest games of his life, I don't see it as a big issue.

And I know you were kidding on Lambeer and Bowen, but it is an interesting question which, IMO, turns on the eras they played in. Lambeer was allowed to get away with much more than Bowen has because the NBA allowed defenses to be much more physical than it is today. So if we're talking about dirtiness relative to the era, I would say they are about equal. But taking out the era, I would have to go with Lambeer because if he played today, he'd average about 37 ejections and 20 game suspensions a year.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56
    thats his first Jordanesque game
    Actually, that was his first Sleepy Floyd-esque game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive
    Actually, that was his first Sleepy Floyd-esque game.
    Yep, no one can forget the Sleepy Floyd game.

Another coaster who got the name "sleepy" because he used to coast through games.

Veteran

I'm glad clueless-ass Kobe24Jets is back. He whines about Kobe not having enough help, but the Lakers are a team of all-stars compared to the trash that LeBron plays with. Plus, Kobe has one of the greatest coaches of all time in the Zen Master while Mike Brown is one of the worst in the NBA.

LeBron's teammates are absolutely garbage. Of the 14 players on the roster, only 2 are worth anything: LeBron and Gibson, a rookie.

Gooden? Garbage
    Hughes? Garbage
    Pavlovic? Garbage
    Ziggy? Garbage
    That's the freaking 4 of the 5 starters!

Mike Brown is absolutely dreadful. Brown makes about 3 to 5 boneheaded decisions each game. It's hilarious listening to Yes!!!, Kerr & Bleached-Blond question each of Brown's dumbass moves.

Kobe couldn't do what LeBron did last night or in this series. LeBron is carrying 10 to 12 guys who wouldn't be in a rotation on any other team in the NBA. Kobe is home on the couch whining about not getting any help.

LeBron is younger, 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than Kobe. Plus, LeBron & his bums swept the Lakers this year and embarrassed Kobe in LA.

Dumb **** the Lakers werent healthy when the biggest ballhog in sports (lebron james) played the Lakers. Kobe could do what Lebron did last night and better. Kobe is consitent unlike the most overrated player in the game today Lebron Hames. Kobe>LeBron, just accept it. Kobe does this all the time in the playoffs LeBron doesn;t.

Lakers starters
    Kobe the best player in the league
    Smush Parker
    Luke Walton
    Lamar Odom
    Kwame Brown

Lebron scrubs>kobe scrubs, just accept it.

Dwade> LeBron, just accept it.
    Last edited by kobe24jets; 06-01-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Veteran

YOu failed at life.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    James >>>> Bryant

LeBron = Next!

Get LeBron's out of your mouth. Are you that blind that you cant see all the special treatment David Stern gives him? LeBron "does a not basketball move" and doesn't get suspeneded. LeBron had a charge at the end of the first over time and they a foul. The NBA is fixing so LeBron can get into the finals.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets
    YOu failed at life.
    Run along now, K24J, this is a conversation among adults about basketball.