Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OT: Lebron.....holy crap

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Run along now, K24J, this is a conversation among adults about basketball.
    How you don't know anything.

LeBron admitting the trurth. Let the uneducated (smc, Rutgersjetsfan, jetstream...) haters hate.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J5GPZB0XCqo
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=AGY8T6jgSAM
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hl_HbwnjHLI
    Last edited by kobe24jets; 06-01-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets
    How you don't know anything.
    You're a 17 year old kid who has a fetish for Kobe Bryant and had never seen Jordan play for the Bulls. No one takes you seriously here. So, run along and play with the other kids.

Veteran
    Kobe>LeBron, just accept it.
    I've seen MJ play for the Bulls a lot of times. He isn't anything specail.

LeBron even admits Kobe is better then him.

YOu failed at life.
    You failed at life

Jets Insider VIP

LeBron even admits Kobe is better then him.
    You were born June 12, 1990, right before the season in which Jordan won his first championship and 2nd MVP award. Jordan played his last game with the Bulls on June 14, 1998, 2 days after your 8th birthday.

Explain how you saw "a lot" of MJ games with the Bulls between watching Pokeman, Rugrats and Sesame Street?

Dumb **** the Lakers werent healthy when the biggest ballhog in sports (lebron james) played the Lakers. Kobe could do what Lebron did last night and better. Kobe is consitent unlike the most overrated player in the game today Lebron Hames. Kobe>LeBron, just accept it. Kobe does this all the time in the playoffs LeBron doesn;t.

Lakers starters
    Kobe the best player in the league
    Smush Parker
    Luke Walton
    Lamar Odom
    Kwame Brown

Lebron scrubs>kobe scrubs, just accept it.

Dwade> LeBron, just accept it.
    The biggest ballhog in sports? That doesn't even make sense - he's 5th in the league for the playoffs, and top 15 for the regular season. He creates shots for his team.
    I do believe Kobe is better right now. But you just come off as ignorant, which may actually be your goal, I'm not really sure.

IF there was anybody who took you seriously, you just ruined it with that statement.

Going forward, Lebron is the ideal franchise player but if I had to win right now, I'd take Kobe. Better #1 scorer, better shooter, better defender, better free throw shooter. Lebron has narrowed more of the gap than i thought he would, though

i still think that right now, kobe and duncan are better than lebron, hes not the best player in the game.

but 3 years or so from now, lebron could/should be at the top of the list.
    Last edited by ambxc22; 06-01-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    The only thing this compares to is AI carrying the 76ers to the finals in 2001. That was another hidious team carried to the finals by one guy.
    But last night was simply unreal.
    They also had Larry Brown coaching them though.

Mike Brown is a terrible coach, just awful. That team is completely disorganized on both sides of the court at all times.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    You failed at life
    Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    They also had Larry Brown coaching them though.

Mike Brown is a terrible coach, just awful. That team is completely disorganized on both sides of the court at all times.
    I dont know if there are many good coaches in the NBA anymore(or maybe the players just dont listen), but Brown isnt awful. His offensive schemes are bad, but defensively he has done a very good job with spare parts. None of those guys on that team are good defenders, but hes done a very good job getting them to play proper position and rotate nicely to work as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Going forward, Lebron is the ideal franchise player but if I had to win right now, I'd take Kobe. Better #1 scorer, better shooter, better defender, better free throw shooter. Lebron has narrowed more of the gap than i thought he would, though
    Totally agree. I dont like Kobe and I think his attitude rubs alot of guys the wrong way, but his game level is much higher than anyone in the NBA right now other than Duncan who is a totally different style of player. Its shocking that the Pistons didnt just hack James everytime he drove last night. There were at least 5 spots where they should have just knocked him to the ground. He cant make free throws consistently. But Kobe is a better player right now, though Im not sure he ever had a performance as good as James' yesterday. Lebron played as well as Jordan, Miller, and Barkley in their best games last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    I dont know if there are many good coaches in the NBA anymore(or maybe the players just dont listen), but Brown isnt awful. His offensive schemes are bad, but defensively he has done a very good job with spare parts. None of those guys on that team are good defenders, but hes done a very good job getting them to play proper position and rotate nicely to work as a unit.
    Jason, Mike Brown is awful. His defensive scheme is good, but, as you mentioned, his offensive schemes are hideous and he is a horrible in-game coach. He makes at least 3 bone headed decisions a game in a sport where the HC only needs to make about 5 the whole game.

His time out with 30 seconds left in game 5 was asinine and lucky it didn't cost them the game. Marv, Kerr and Collins have been dumbstruck by his calls in the series and it is rare that announcers would openly question so many HC decisions.

His technical at the end of game 2 was horrendous. LeBron didn't get the foul call, but they were still down by 1. With free throws, they'd be down by 3 with 2.2 seconds left. Instead, idiot Brown gets a technical and the team is down by 4, game over.

These are just 2 glaring examples. We'll all watch game 6 and see Brown make more boneheaded decisions.
    Last edited by SMC; 06-02-2007 at 10:16 AM.

Jason, Mike Brown is awful. His defensive scheme is good, but, as you mentioned, his offensive schemes are hideous and he is a horrible in-game coach. He makes at least 3 bone headed decisions a game in a sport where the HC only needs to make about 5 the whole game.

His time out with 30 seconds left in game 5 was asinine and lucky it didn't cost them the game. Marv, Kerr and Collins have been dumbstruck by his calls in the series and it is rare that announcers would openly question so many HC decisions.

His technical at the end of game 2 was horrendous. LeBron didn't get the foul call, but they were still down by 1. With free throws, they'd be down by 3 with 2.2 seconds left. Instead, idiot Brown gets a technical and the team is down by 4, game over.

These are just 2 glaring examples. We'll all watch game 6 and see Brown make more boneheaded decisions.
    Brown's clock management sometimes is mind boggling and he's been doing that all year. He's like the basketball version of Herm Edwards. He's starting to strike me as one of those coaches that doesn't know what to do, so he winds up outthinking himself half the time when in reality coaching playoff basketball comes down to common sense.

His defensive schemes are above average at best, and there's two reasons they've been able to keep up with Detroit:

1. Lebron
    2. Flip Saunders has been doing just as bad of (if not worse) coaching job as Brown. I'm convinced that someone wrote a book called "How not to use Chauncey and Rip against the Cavs," and Saunders read this book and said to himself, "You know what? I'm going to give this stuff a try."

Also it took him way too long to play his best point guard on the roster, in fact, he only has one true point guard on the entire team and it took him until game 3 to realize how to use him at all.

Further, they run the same play all game on offense, and they still can't get it right.

Remember when kobe used to write full sentences?

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Remember when kobe used to write full sentences?
    you've gotten lazier

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Someone else please tell me they witnessed that.
    my ppl have witness him takin steroid and him and david donaghy stern doin some brokeback moutain stuff

thats all i gotta say

kobe cant see yall haters cuz tha larry obrien trophys in tha way