Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June is Gay Pride Month

Hall Of Fame

June is Gay Pride Month

I open my company's website this morning and what do I see?

It is Gay Pride Month!!!

Wonderful. Great. I am f#ckin thrilled.

You know what? I surrender. They win. It is an "alternative lifestyle". There. I said it. I didn't call it the disgusting perversion that I usually do. We have Gay parades. TV shows with lovable Gay characters. Crappy Gay cowboy movies that win OSCARS. There is even a Gay channel on my cable now. Some people don't get the NFL Network, but let's make sure everyone gets the Gay and Lesbian somethingorother network.

I have never had anything against Gays. Adults can do anything they want with each other. Just stop this liberal all out blitz to make us all "accept" it. They won. Old fossils like me lose.

I don't understand something.

This week, Charles Nelson Reilly died. I used to watch old reruns of Match Game in college, and this guy was as flamboyant as they come. But he was a riot, and everyone loved him. He wasn't ashamed of his sexuality, and no one else was ashamed to share a stage with him. And this was 30 years ago, before the media started force feeding how normal homosexuality is to the public.

Look, we get it already. Some people are gay, so what? It wasn't an issue on a popular game show 30 years ago, so why is it such a big deal now?

Am I just being too simplistic, or what?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=dmaynard]I open my company's website this morning and what do I see?

It is Gay Pride Month!!!

Wonderful. Great. I am f#ckin thrilled.

You know what? I surrender. They win. It is an "alternative lifestyle". There. I said it. I didn't call it the disgusting perversion that I usually do. We have Gay parades. TV shows with lovable Gay characters. Crappy Gay cowboy movies that win OSCARS. There is even a Gay channel on my cable now. Some people don't get the NFL Network, but let's make sure everyone gets the Gay and Lesbian somethingorother network.

I have never had anything against Gays. Adults can do anything they want with each other. Just stop this liberal all out blitz to make us all "accept" it. They won. Old fossils like me lose.[/QUOTE]

When Larry the Cable Guy was on the radio in Orlando, he used to host the "Great to be Straight Parade" through the city. It happened smack in the middle of "Gay Days at Disney."

The parade always started at a Hooters and Ended at another one, promptly followed by a Bikini Contest. Good stuff. :yes:

When you let it bother you, even though it has absolutely no REAL effect on you, then they have indeed "won".

I know, being force-fed a belief-structure sucks, I fully agree. But everytime you let it bother you or even pay any attention to it, they are beating you.

So it's "Gay Pride Whatever". So what. What difference does that make to you, your daily activity or your life? I am betting none. Same as it makes no difference to me.

So why let it bother you? If they want to parade in the streets wearing Ballroom Dancing Gowns, so be it. It doesn't effect you unless you let it. And please, don't tell me it'll "make yer kids gay", cause that is patently rediculous. If they turn out gay, it wasn't cause they say the "Big Gay Al" episode of South Park, or some silly parade, okay.

As with most of these things, the effect is vastly blown out of proportion by the offense people take to it. Ignore it, it doesn't effect you. So why bother paying attention to it?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]When you let it bother you, even though it has absolutely no REAL effect on you, then they have indeed "won".

I know, being force-fed a belief-structure sucks, I fully agree. But everytime you let it bother you or even pay any attention to it, they are beating you.

So it's "Gay Pride Whatever". So what. What difference does that make to you, your daily activity or your life? I am betting none. Same as it makes no difference to me.

So why let it bother you? If they want to parade in the streets wearing Ballroom Dancing Gowns, so be it. It doesn't effect you unless you let it. And please, don't tell me it'll "make yer kids gay", cause that is patently rediculous. If they turn out gay, it wasn't cause they say the "Big Gay Al" episode of South Park, or some silly parade, okay.

As with most of these things, the effect is vastly blown out of proportion by the offense people take to it. Ignore it, it doesn't effect you. So why bother paying attention to it?[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right. And as I said, I have acepted it. They won.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pauliec]I don't understand something.

This week, Charles Nelson Reilly died. I used to watch old reruns of Match Game in college, and this guy was as flamboyant as they come. But he was a riot, and everyone loved him. He wasn't ashamed of his sexuality, and no one else was ashamed to share a stage with him. And this was 30 years ago, before the media started force feeding how normal homosexuality is to the public.

Look, we get it already. Some people are gay, so what? It wasn't an issue on a popular game show 30 years ago, so why is it such a big deal now?

Am I just being too simplistic, or what?[/QUOTE]

this goes hand in hand with the Aussie gay bar...

we have:

Black Pride Month...
    Gay Pride Month....
    Every other Pride Month...

why don't we have a White Guy who works his ass off Pride Month???

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]this goes hand in hand with the Aussie gay bar...

we have:

Black Pride Month...
    Gay Pride Month....
    Every other Pride Month...

why don't we have a White Guy who works his ass off Pride Month???[/QUOTE]

White guys are boring, unless they're gay. :rolleyes:

You know what pisses me off: St. Patrick's Day Parades.

You're Irish and you like beer. We get it. Stop shoving it in our faces.

And, Christmas, I mean, enough already with the pine trees and chintzy music. You're Christian. I give up. You win.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]You know what pisses me off: St. Patrick's Day Parades.

You're Irish and you like beer. We get it. Stop shoving it in our faces.

And, Christmas, I mean, enough already with the pine trees and chintzy music. You're Christian. I give up. You win.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I thought you were being serious with the St. Patrick's Day thing.

One of my favorite quotes from the Sopranos is when Christopher gets shot and while he's in the hospital he dreams he had died and went to hell. "For us, Hell is an Irish bar on St. Patrick's Day."

[QUOTE=pauliec]Ha, I thought you were being serious with the St. Patrick's Day thing.

One of my favorite quotes from the Sopranos is when Christopher gets shot and while he's in the hospital he dreams he had died and went to hell. "For us, Hell is an Irish bar on St. Patrick's Day."[/QUOTE]

I'm kidding, of course.

But the point is that every culture/ethnicity/identity group occasionally boasts its pride to everyone else. Some of these are so normal to us --like commercialized religious holidays that last a month or St. Pats stuff-- that we don't even consider it in those terms.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]
    why don't we have a White Guy who works his ass off Pride Month???[/QUOTE]

cause White males oppressed all of the above groups from the beginning of time until right about... now.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]cause White males oppressed all of the above groups from the beginning of time until right about... now.[/QUOTE]

classic...from the person who screams about moral relativism....

btw: I oppressed no one, so these selective pride months discriminate against me...

[QUOTE=pauliec]Ha, I thought you were being serious with the St. Patrick's Day thing.

One of my favorite quotes from the Sopranos is when Christopher gets shot and while he's in the hospital he dreams he had died and went to hell. "For us, Hell is an Irish bar on St. Patrick's Day."[/QUOTE]

For us, Hell is the Olive Garden on the weekend. ;)

[QUOTE=bitonti]cause White males oppressed all of the above groups from the beginning of time until right about... now.[/QUOTE]

There are no white, racist homos?

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]classic...from the person who screams about moral relativism....

btw: I oppressed no one, so these selective pride months discriminate against me...[/QUOTE]

no one said life was fair. Im not saying it's right, you asked why and I gave an answer.

[QUOTE=Sean Ryan]For us, Hell is the Olive Garden on the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Christ, for ME, Hell is the Olive Garden on any day of the week. That food is terrible!

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Sean Ryan]For us, Hell is the Olive Garden on the weekend.[/QUOTE]

the Olive Garden is also hell for people who have any pride in their Italian heritage....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]the Olive Garden is also hell for people who have any pride in their Italian heritage....[/QUOTE]

I agree Italian fast food.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]classic...from the person who screams about moral relativism....

btw: I oppressed no one, so these selective pride months discriminate against me...[/QUOTE]

CBTNY,

I don't know how old you are, but there was once a 7-year pride event for angry white men like yourself: It was called "the Nixon Administration." They had a cool nickname (the "silent majority") that they put on bumper stickers, placards, and all that stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]CBTNY,

I don't know how old you are, but there was once a 7-year pride event for angry white men like yourself: It was called "the Nixon Administration." They had a cool nickname (the "silent majority") that they put on bumper stickers, placards, and all that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Nuu-I remember it well...

it was followed up by a 4-year pride event for ignorant and incompetent white men like yourself- it was called "the Carter Adminstration"...they later tried to cover up this incompetence by doing good works when nobody cared- yet they could not pry themselves away from their love of tyrants, dictators nor stop their anti-semitic activites...