Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i know the yankee fans will kill me...

Hall Of Fame

i know the yankee fans will kill me...

but i am watching the sox step on the yankee throat tonight as much as i am watching the mets game.....its too great of a show not to watch.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    but i am watching the sox step on the yankee throat tonight as much as i am watching the mets game.....its too great of a show not to watch.
    I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to thank you for proving the point I've been trying to point out for over a week: Mets fans are pathetic.

Much obliged

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino
    I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to thank you for proving the point I've been trying to point out for over a week: Mets fans are pathetic.

Much obliged
    come on now dont be mad....if you saw a swan bleeding in the water and the aligator was going in for the kill wouldnt you stop and watch? the poor thing knowing there is no getting away just reflecting on what could have been.

P.S. and the swan has the highest payroll in baseball!

Hall Of Fame
    Meh, I could care less about the Yankees. They Yankees were knocked out of contention for the Division a Week ago as far as I'm concerned.

Hall Of Fame

Much obliged
    No, this one is, though.

Much obliged
    Nice generalization jack@$$. It's rooting for a team that has won 26 championships makes you a better person doesn't it? Stop acting like Yankee fans are any better than Met fans it's a stupid generalization, every team has their good fans and bad fans.

Hall Of Fame
    come on now dont be mad....if you saw a swan bleeding in the water and the aligator was going in for the kill wouldnt you stop and watch? the poor thing knowing there is no getting away just reflecting on what could have been.
    not if my dog was leading the pageant show at the time. i'd be watching him.

dummy.

All League

Good call. 9-3 Yankees.

JetsFan2012

Nice work there emslave.

Yankees 9, Red Sox 5

D-Backs 5, Mets 1

See what happens when you post not nice things?

Hall Of Fame
    cool thread, dummy. i knew this was going to happen.

Banned
    I respect Met fans, but not you after this ridiculous thread. Try and beat the DBACKS before you worry about the Yankees loosing.

All League
    ahem. I'd just like to point out again that the Yankees were the ones stomping on their opponents throats tonight. Thank you, that is all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I respect Met fans, but not you after this ridiculous thread. Try and beat the DBACKS before you worry about the Yankees loosing.

don't you think that this post i sjust a silly as the thread? i mean the mets do own like the 2nd best recor din baseball while yankees are dwelling in the cellar of the al east.......

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    don't you think that this post i sjust a silly as the thread? i mean the mets do own like the 2nd best recor din baseball while yankees are dwelling in the cellar of the al east.......
    You know, I usually don't like talking smack about another NY team (living in Florida makes you root for all NY teams), but, come on now, you do play in the inferior league.

Right now, if the league was just made up of NL teams, the Mets would be favorites to win the WS. Throw in the AL, and you'd be a fool to think the Mets would be the favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    You know, I usually don't like talking smack about another NY team (living in Florida makes you root for all NY teams), but, come on now, you do play in the inferior league.

Right now, if the league was just made up of NL teams, the Mets would be favorites to win the WS. Throw in the AL, and you'd be a fool to think the Mets would be the favorite.
    Tell last year's Cardinals that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    Of course I know that but what does that have to with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    Tell last year's Cardinals that.
    Every now and then, the underdog wins...how about our SB III Jets?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    Every now and then, the underdog wins...how about our SB III Jets?
    St Louis winning it all last year proved once again what a disgrace the modern playoff system is.

Honestly, and you guys may think I'm crazy, but as a Yankee fan, I don't really want the wild card. As unlikely as it is, I want the division or nothing at all. I don't see wild card teams that win it all as true champions.

If you're not good enough to win over a full season and prove your entire roster is worthy, you're not deserving of a title shot.

Can you honestly say if the Yankes win 83 games this year, get hot in October and win it all, you'd be willing to lump this team in with the late 90's dynasty teams? And all the others? I think it would only devalue what those great teams did.

Sure I'd pull for them if they get the wild card. But in my heart, whatever they win beyond that is tainted.

Hall Of Fame
    St Louis winning it all last year proved once again what a disgrace the modern playoff system is.

Honestly, and you guys may think I'm crazy, but as a Yankee fan, I don't really want the wild card. As unlikely as it is, I want the division or nothing at all. I don't see wild card teams that win it all as true champions.

If you're not good enough to win over a full season and prove your entire roster is worthy, you're not deserving of a title shot.

Can you honestly say if the Yankes win 83 games this year, get hot in October and win it all, you'd be willing to lump this team in with the late 90's dynasty teams? And all the others? I think it would only devalue what those great teams did.

Sure I'd pull for them if they get the wild card. But in my heart, whatever they win beyond that is tainted.
    Division winners in crappy divisions can do the same thing, though. The playoffs are a crap shoot.

Most fans would disagree with you. Especially Red Sox fans. If the Yanks don't take a major dump in 2004, the wild card Sox don't win the WS...