Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Pistons/Cavs Game 6

Is it me or have Drew Gooden's natural instincts gotten worse by the year?

Hall Of Fame
    This is the thing - the NBA's new gimmick in their crusade to create heroes and villians is that the Pistons are a bunch of pompous whiners. The basketball media complains that the Pistons will always blame everything on Flip when things go bad - but that's because most of the time things are Flip's fault.

Case in point, Delfino? Playing? NO. NONONO. Terrible player who shouldn't be on the court in the same state as Lebron James, let alone guarding him.

Here's a sports quote for you:

"I don't know what to do or say."

That's FLIP. At halftime of the massacre that was Game 6 of the EC Finals last year. Jesus.

GO PISTONS, but I think it ends here tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Is it me or have Drew Gooden's natural instincts gotten worse by the year?
    Drew Gooden is a brainless thug, but that's his role and it's fine, really, I feel.

The player I can't stand? Verejao. He's the worst flopper since Vlade. Jesus he fires me up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paranoid Jet
    Drew Gooden is a brainless thug, but that's his role and it's fine, really, I feel.
    I'm not sure that the word brainless does him justice though.

I can't ever remember seeing a player with worse timing or such a strong sense of cluelessness in every single scenario. Maybe Danny Ferry, but even he wasn't this lost all the time.

This is the thing - the NBA's new gimmick in their crusade to create heroes and villians is that the Pistons are a bunch of pompous whiners. The basketball media complains that the Pistons will always blame everything on Flip when things go bad - but that's because most of the time things are Flip's fault.

Case in point, Delfino? Playing? NO. NONONO. Terrible player who shouldn't be on the court in the same state as Lebron James, let alone guarding him.

Here's a sports quote for you:

"I don't know what to do or say."

That's FLIP. At halftime of the massacre that was Game 6 of the EC Finals last year. Jesus.

GO PISTONS, but I think it ends here tonight.
    I said it in another thread, but ever since Game 3, I think someone handed Flip a book titled "How not to use Rip or Chauncey against the Cavs," he read it, and thought to himself "Wow, I'm going to give some of this a try."

I'm convinced this happened, I refuse to believe that my friends and I see this and Flip doesn't. He has to have planned this right? Noone can be this dumb.

He has the stupidist hair ever.

I said it in another thread, but ever since Game 3, I think someone handed Flip a book titled "How not to use Rip or Chauncey against the Cavs," he read it, and thought to himself "Wow, I'm going to give some of this a try."

I'm convinced this happened, I refuse to believe that my friends and I see this and Flip doesn't. He has to have planned this right? Noone can be this dumb.
    Flip is the worst (besides Mike Brown). I do not want him back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    Flip is the worst (besides Mike Brown). I do not want him back next year.
    This series has turned into a battle of which coach will screw up the least. It's like watching a head to head matchup involving Herm Edwards and Art Shell.

The 4th quarter is approaching, it's almost Lebron time.

Sasha Pavlovic has two offensive moves; shoot a 3, or drive the lane and pray to god that someone fouls him. I don't think I've ever seen a guy who's as insistent on penetrating like him while being so bad at it. And the best part is Mike Brown has no problem at all with him doing this all the time.
    See?

Man, Pavlovic has no mid-range game.

Z doesn't even have to jump to get rebounds.

This series has turned into a battle of which coach will screw up the least. It's like watching a head to head matchup involving Herm Edwards and Art Shell.
    Great comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Man, Pavlovic has no mid-range game.
    at least he doesn't turn the ball over

4th quarter. I'm nervous now.

All Pro
    NBA Finals baby

San Antonio is going to wipe the floor with Cleveland by the way. If there's one thing the Spurs can exploit, it's young disorganized offenses in the playoffs. Lebron's their only hope, but Bowen and Duncan have been playing so well I just can't see them letting up.

I hope he proves me wrong, I really do, but I'm calling Spurs in 4 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan2290
    NBA Finals baby
    definitely looks like it
    up by 10 with 8 minutes left in a series clincher at home, theres no excuse for losing this game.

Pistons are completely flustered.

Wallace meltpwn...

Varejao did flop, though