Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Our Society and Baseball

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171

    Our Society and Baseball

    I was listening to Joe Morgan tonight during the game talk about the AROD situation with him yelling something at 3rd base and he said there was nothing wrong with it. He went on to give examples of things similar that went on when he he played. He even went on to say it is part of the game.

    Also today Lou Piniella got suspended for arguing and kicking around dirt on the field. He has been doing that for years and never got suspended.

    So I ask you does the society we live in the reason for all this baby league bull****. Why do we have to be nice. Why can't AROD do whatever it takes to win like they did in years past. Why can't Lou show the fire he has in years past. This stuff is part of the game.

    Also did anyone see what Miguel Tejada did today?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-04-2007 at 07:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,168
    A-rod is a pansy, did you see him hit that camera after his weak HR that would be a fly out anywhere else in the league.


    And BTW what did Tejada do?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89
    A-rod is a pansy, did you see him hit that camera after his weak HR that would be a fly out anywhere else in the league.


    And BTW what did Tejada do?
    Yeah and I loved it. At least he didnt stand in the batters box for 2 hours admiring the damn thing like Manny does. Also a homerun is a homerun.

    And you know what figure it out for yourself *******.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-04-2007 at 07:43 AM.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89
    A-rod is a pansy, did you see him hit that camera after his weak HR that would be a fly out anywhere else in the league.


    And BTW what did Tejada do?
    You know what the difference between a HR that goes 315 feet down the line and one that goes 450 into the black at Yankee stadium. Nothing. If it's out, it's out.

    Clutch hit by AROD tonight.

    And I agree, when did all the MLB players become pansies? And if someone else other than AROD did it, would anyone have cared?

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Land of Superior Men
    Posts
    1,542
    Don't blame me, I crushed kids in dodgeball in my younger days.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gateway to the Catskills
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Why can't AROD do whatever it takes to win like they did in years past.
    Because he's ARod. The reason that everyone's up in arms about this is because they don't like him. Anyone else, it would have been a minor event. Even the guy's "teammates" won't take up for him.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer
    Because he's ARod. The reason that everyone's up in arms about this is because they don't like him. Anyone else, it would have been a minor event. Even the guy's "teammates" won't take up for him.
    I just don't get it. Being someones teammate should be like being family. You should go to war for this guy.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Enemy Territory
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I just don't get it. Being someones teammate should be like being family. You should go to war for this guy.
    Yeah, but you have to consider the reasons his own teammate might not do that... is it because they know ARod and know damn well he is a me-first type of guy that wouldn't get their backs? Probably.

    Guys don't just single a dude out and let him fend for himself, ARod had to set the benchmark for how that clubhouse interacts with him... you can't blame the team for taking what he gives them.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity28
    Yeah, but you have to consider the reasons his own teammate might not do that... is it because they know ARod and know damn well he is a me-first type of guy that wouldn't get their backs? Probably.

    Guys don't just single a dude out and let him fend for himself, ARod had to set the benchmark for how that clubhouse interacts with him... you can't blame the team for taking what he gives them.
    I disagree, the guy switched positions for this team. AROD is all about winning. There is a reason why he has struggled it big situations in the past, he tried to hard.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-04-2007 at 03:20 PM.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jets Fan
    Don't blame me, I crushed kids in dodgeball in my younger days.
    O'Doyle rules!!

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171


    God I hate Red Sox Nation but boy are they clever. Besides the blonde mask I remember them all yelling "HA!" when there was a high pop to him at 3rd. Very funny.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-04-2007 at 04:01 PM.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I disagree, the guy switched positions for this team. AROD is all about winning. There is a reason why he has struggled it big situations in the past, he tried to hard.
    No such thing as "trying too hard."

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by zatchery
    No such thing as "trying too hard."

    Well I disagree

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    O'Doyle rules!!
    O'Doyle I have a feeling your family is going down.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Well I disagree
    What I meant to say is, is that it is always a good idea to put as much effort into something as you can. You may be right in saying that Rodriguez had to do too much while playing for teams like the Rangers, but just because he is on the Yankees doesn't mean he should try less.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by zatchery
    What I meant to say is, is that it is always a good idea to put as much effort into something as you can. You may be right in saying that Rodriguez had to do too much while playing for teams like the Rangers, but just because he is on the Yankees doesn't mean he should try less.
    Of course but it was quite obvious AROD was a different player in innings 1-6 than 7-9 and has a lot to do with trying to hard and not being relaxed. This year is a different story.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    And you know what figure it out for yourself *******.
    I just spit my drink out of my mouth readign that lol

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Of course but it was quite obvious AROD was a different player in innings 1-6 than 7-9 and has a lot to do with trying to hard and not being relaxed. This year is a different story.
    Fair enough. Good talking baseball with you. Mets fan, here. Guess I'm just enjoying the Yankees' struggles a little too much?


  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by zatchery
    Fair enough. Good talking baseball with you. Mets fan, here. Guess I'm just enjoying the Yankees' struggles a little too much?

    Enjoy it while it lasts.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shaolin
    Posts
    6,538
    What did Tejada do??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us