Thread: GOP revolt against Bush

GOP revolt against Bush

Newt Gingrich calls out the Prez

[quote]The former Republican Speaker denounced his own party's sitting president as a hopeless incompetent, a Jimmy Carter clone. "You hire presidents, at a minimum, to run the country well enough that you don't have to think about it ..." he told The New Yorker (clearly thinking about it). The news wasn't what Newt said, but the silence that followed.

Karl Rove not only didn't call Gingrich on the carpet, he did not call at allónot because he agreed with him, of course, but because what was there to say? None of the GOP's innumerable 2008 candidates defended George W. Bush, whose name they rarely utter in any context, anywhere. In Congress, Republicans privately called to thank Gingrich, claims his press aide, Rick Tyler. "The general view was that it was long past time for someone to speak up," he says.[/quote]

Not a shock. I fully expect all the 2008 Republican Candidates to distance themselves from Bush the Person, and many to distance themselves from the War as well, even if they support some or all of it.

It's about time. The GOP should be revolting agaist themselves though, not just George. Pretty pathetic that some called to privately to thank Newt, spineless fools didn't have enough leadership to do it themselves, hoping someone else would. They are all worthless.

All League
    [QUOTE=WJGC]It's about time. The GOP should be revolting agaist themselves though, not just George. Pretty pathetic that some called to privately to thank Newt, spineless fools didn't have enough leadership to do it themselves, hoping someone else would. They are all worthless.[/QUOTE]

There's an old saying...."be careful what you ask for, because you just might get what you want"

I know that this don't play well in typically liberal NY/NJ...but the hatred/disgust/revolt against George Bush amongst both political parties is not necessarily something the Democrats should hope for...since Bush is definitely NOT what any sane person would call [b]conservative[/b].

Bush's recent performance is galvanizing the conservatives at this point too...and there are more of us out here in the mainland than you might think.
    Last edited by Greenwave81; 06-06-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Greenwave81]...since Bush is definitely NOT what any sane person would call [b]conservative[/b]..[/QUOTE]

Just the enablers call him that. F*cking a**holes. He was a conservative up until he could no longer run for re-election...then its not important for him to secure the Christian vote so he loses the conservative mantle.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]He was a conservative up until he could no longer run for re-election.[/QUOTE]

how true - the guy spent like a maniac between 2001 and 2004 but he was considered a conservative by voting conservatives when up for re-election

now he's brutally unpopular, his presidency a failure of monumental proportions, and apparently not a conservative.

why couldn't you guys couldn't figure the man out 6 years ago>?

[QUOTE=Riggins44]I snuffed this man out long ago. Back in 2004 (when I posted in this forum a lot) I pounded away on this closet liberal\globalist.

Eventually, the Fox News crowd decided they had enough of me "dissing" their master/icon and it became a mess around here, with insults flying left and right.

Bottom line: Most true cons dumped Bush a loooooong time....I take great pride in seeing this phony con drop in polls week after week.... I'm not a presidential historian, but he has to be the worst prez ever!!!!...hopefully the day will come when the party rids itself of all Bush's (say no to Jeb & George P.!), Karl Rove, Lindsey Graham, Chuck Hagel and all the other corporate, war-hungry stoodges.[/QUOTE]

Riggins44 is really Ron Paul :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti]Newt Gingrich calls out the Prez[/QUOTE]
    Every action has an equal, and opposite reaction. - Newton.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He should have said this years ago.

Bush isn't much of a Republican, and most of his conservative leaning are the wrong ones.