Libby sentenced to 30 months in prison

Libby sentenced to 30 months in prison

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070605/...cia_leak_trial[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pardon coming in 18 months.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't forget the 250,000 dollar fine and the Bush Sr. appointed Judge Walton, who served in the White House as deputy drug director, said public officials in particular had a duty to testify honestly. [B]His voice raising at times, he said the leak investigation was a serious one and obstructing it deserved a serious penalty[/B]

Berger was smart enough to take a plea.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Please don't forget the 250,000 dollar fine and the Bush Sr. appointed Judge Walton, who served in the White House as deputy drug director, said public officials in particular had a duty to testify honestly. [B]His voice raising at times, he said the leak investigation was a serious one and obstructing it deserved a serious penalty[/B]

Berger was smart enough to take a plea.[/QUOTE]
    Right, because Berger actually committed a serious crime. Libby didn't. This was a circus from the beginning. Bush 100% should pardon Libby and he should do it now. He can ask Billy how it's done...Billy knows.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever] Bush 100% should pardon Libby and he should do it now. [/QUOTE]

that's great advice 5ever right up there with your previous proclamation Bush should 100% invade Iraq, and he should do it now!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Libby committed a crime correct? Libby should of told the truth and this would not of happend.

Berger admitted his crime and was smart enough to plea guilty.

Libby lied and was arrogant enough to believe he could beat the case.

Libby stupidity put himself in this position.

Bush knows how to pardon people he has done it before.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Right, because Berger actually committed a serious crime. Libby didn't. This was a circus from the beginning. Bush 100% should pardon Libby and he should do it now. He can ask Billy how it's done...Billy knows.[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    :zzz:

Has he been pardoned yet?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Libby committed a crime correct? Libby should of told the truth and this would not of happend.

Berger admitted his crime and was smart enough to plea guilty.

Libby lied and was arrogant enough to believe he could beat the case.

Libby stupidity put himself in this position.

Bush knows how to pardon people he has done it before.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone who goes to trial and loses is an idiot. That isn't honestly your contention, is it? Libby had a solid case, he just lost. It happens; there are uncertanties involved and risks involved. Berger had no case and he knows it. Going to trial and losing would have been far worse for Berger than it was/is for Libby. Every witness involved in this trial misremembered conversations and there were contradictory accounts of the same conversations all over the place. Only Libby was on trial though, so only he is found guilty of "misleading." That's the way it goes.

This is a no-brainer pardon; it's a waste of time even talking about it, it's that obvious. Liberals can whine all they want about their little mythical narrative of Bush lying and some big grand conspiracy to punish dissenters, but reality is nowhere near their fantasy. It's funny to me...there is MORE THAN ENOUGH real stuff to rip Bush for. But liberal myths die hard, I suppose....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Every witness involved in this trial misremembered conversations...[/QUOTE]

For them its called misremembering...

For the average American citizen...its called perjury.

Its the whole sand in the eyes thing that Fitzgerald was talking about. Everybody lie and misremember so as to muddy the waters. It worked for me and my brothers when I was a kid with my father and it works in Washington all the time.

We shouldn't have different rules for politicians, rich businessmen and celebrities in our criminal justice system. If I walk into a 7/11 and steal 200 bucks...I'm going to jail, and I don't get to stay free while I await an appeal. Steal millions from shareholders and you have a different set of rules. If I get a DWI...Ill probably go to jail. If an actor gets a DWI he gets his mugshot on TMZ.com and goes to Betty Ford.

Libby said he heard of Plame from Tim Russert. Flat out lie.
    Should he be pardoned? Yes...that's one of the benefits of being a friend of the President. But don't excuse what he did and try to rationalize his illegal actions. He broke the law...plain and simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]For them its called misremembering...

For the average American citizen...its called perjury.

Its the whole sand in the eyes thing that Fitzgerald was talking about. Everybody lie and misremember so as to muddy the waters. It worked for me and my brothers when I was a kid with my father and it works in Washington all the time.

We shouldn't have different rules for politicians, rich businessmen and celebrities in our criminal justice system. If I walk into a 7/11 and steal 200 bucks...I'm going to jail, and I don't get to stay free while I await an appeal. Steal millions from shareholders and you have a different set of rules. If I get a DWI...Ill probably go to jail. If an actor gets a DWI he gets his mugshot on TMZ.com and goes to Betty Ford.

Libby said he heard of Plame from Tim Russert. Flat out lie.
    Should he be pardoned? Yes...that's one of the benefits of being a friend of the President. But don't excuse what he did and try to rationalize his illegal actions. He broke the law...plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

perjury- which valerie plame is also guilty of....when will her indictment come down??

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144504[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now that Libby is Prison bound, and Fitzy came out and set the record strait that Plame WAS indeed a Super Secret covert agent, which can only mean she must qualify under that statute on such things because a Federal Prosecuter would never exagerate or lie, when can we expect charges against Armitage for leaking her name?

Do we want to start a pool on when those charges might come down?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Libby had a solid case? He f'n lied to the same grand jury 3 seperate times, but hey who is counting. Lil' Kim lied to the grand jury and plead guilty and got a year.

Every witness? You have a poor memory.

Libby didn't testify did he? Instead he tried to blame others and his demanding schedule. The demanding schedule for which he managed to find time to talk to Judith Miller.

He lied and got caught. His defense was a joke, instead of saying yes I screwed up and took a plea bargain. He would of never faced any jail time.

Arrogance put him in this position.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Not everyone who goes to trial and loses is an idiot. That isn't honestly your contention, is it? Libby had a solid case, he just lost. It happens; there are uncertanties involved and risks involved. Berger had no case and he knows it. Going to trial and losing would have been far worse for Berger than it was/is for Libby. Every witness involved in this trial misremembered conversations and there were contradictory accounts of the same conversations all over the place. Only Libby was on trial though, so only he is found guilty of "misleading." That's the way it goes.

This is a no-brainer pardon; it's a waste of time even talking about it, it's that obvious. Liberals can whine all they want about their little mythical narrative of Bush lying and some big grand conspiracy to punish dissenters, but reality is nowhere near their fantasy. It's funny to me...there is MORE THAN ENOUGH real stuff to rip Bush for. But liberal myths die hard, I suppose....[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Armitage didn't have the intent to violate the Act you are referring to and Libby lied throughout the investigation.

That is why Armitage will not be charged.

[QUOTE=Warfish]So now that Libby is Prison bound, and Fitzy came out and set the record strait that Plame WAS indeed a Super Secret covert agent, which can only mean she must qualify under that statute on such things because a Federal Prosecuter would never exagerate or lie, when can we expect charges against Armitage for leaking her name?

Do we want to start a pool on when those charges might come down?[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Armitage didn't have the intent to violate the Act you are referring to and Libby lied throughout the investigation.

That is why Armitage will not be charged.[/QUOTE]

Is intent relevant to the breaking of Laws? Or just of this law specificly?

And if there was, as you seem to imply, no underlying crime when Armitage leaked it.......which the esteemed prosecutor knew before he questioned Libby.......then why was Libby questioned.

This is all so confusing CR. Help a brother out, eh?

Was there or was there not a crime here?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The purpose of the grand jury was to find out if there was a crime or not.
    When someone lies to the grand jury from the beginning it makes the investigation that more difficult.

It is what your parents have always said, lying just makes it worse.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Is intent relevant to the breaking of Laws? Or just of this law specificly?

And if there was, as you seem to imply, no underlying crime when Armitage leaked it.......which the esteemed prosecutor knew before he questioned Libby.......then why was Libby questioned.

This is all so confusing CR. Help a brother out, eh?

Was there or was there not a crime here?[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]The purpose of the grand jury was to find out if there was a crime or not.
    When someone lies to the grand jury from the beginning it makes the investigation that more difficult.

It is what your parents have always said, lying just makes it worse.[/QUOTE]

So then if Fitzy had knowledge in his posession that Armitage had leaked unintentially BEFORE he questioned Libby, there would have been no reason to ask him, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way to know if that knowledge was correct was to investigate. If you are trying to find out what information is correct and which is not, it is vital that persons testifying under oath are telling the truth while in the grand jury.

Fitz was put in a very tough situation.

[QUOTE=Warfish]So then if Fitzy had knowledge in his posession that Armitage had leaked unintentially BEFORE he questioned Libby, there would have been no reason to ask him, right?[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Dumbya were to pardon it would be political suicide, but I wouldn't put past him, he is that dumb.